Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Suggestion required for purchasing a car

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suggestion required for purchasing a car

    Assalam-O-Alaikum brothers

    I have recently sold my 1991 Lancer and extended my budget to 370k. Which sedan should i buy. I don't need hatch back, I need a car with trunk as my family is big and we need trunk to put some luggage.

    Please suggest me some good vehicles in this range, below are my priorities.

    Comfort
    Good for Long driving
    Maintenance Average (not too much)
    Economy Average (No issue but must not be gas drinker)
    Resale (Don't care)
    Must not broke down every day.

    Cars which i have selected are

    Civic 95
    Margally 97
    Sunny 94-97
    Lancer92-94
    Baleno 99-00

    any other suggestion are welcome.

    Also please guide me that if i go for a very well maintained civic, will it serve me well and on high way khi-lhr-khi or after that i have to replace its engine ? and also please tell me how much cost diff between Margalla and 95 civic spares. Some one said me Civic is costly to maintain. Also if any one selling their sedan in this range in Karachi with Karachi number plate Please reply me.

    Thanks


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bump.... no one here wants to suggest me

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    I guess the car which you can find in good condition under your budget will be Suzuki Margalla

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    nabeelkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    86
    Posts
    517
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bhai chup kar k Baleno le lo as it will be the newest, manufacturing wise, which means less maintenance and mechanic visits.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,890
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    Assalam-O-Alaikum brothers

    I have recently sold my 1991 Lancer and extended my budget to 370k. Which sedan should i buy. I don't need hatch back, I need a car with trunk as my family is big and we need trunk to put some luggage.

    Please suggest me some good vehicles in this range, below are my priorities.

    Comfort
    Good for Long driving
    Maintenance Average (not too much)
    Economy Average (No issue but must not be gas drinker)
    Resale (Don't care)
    Must not broke down every day.

    Cars which i have selected are

    Civic 95
    Margally 97
    Sunny 94-97
    Lancer92-94
    Baleno 99-00

    any other suggestion are welcome.

    Also please guide me that if i go for a very well maintained civic, will it serve me well and on high way khi-lhr-khi or after that i have to replace its engine ? and also please tell me how much cost diff between Margalla and 95 civic spares. Some one said me Civic is costly to maintain. Also if any one selling their sedan in this range in Karachi with Karachi number plate Please reply me.

    Thanks
    if yr budget was around 5, i would have suggested a liana 2006...if found good, it is a gem to keep if u dont have issues with resale...

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Im also thinking for Margalla 1998 model its too good and can i go to Lahore from karachi and back on Margalla is it comfortable on that long route and does it make trouble if engine is in perfect. I kept Margalla before in Rawalpindi 1993 model but at that time was 17 years old and only know one thing drive... but now i need a car which is good and reliable and my main purpose is travelling i will travel from khi-lhr-isld once or twice in a year.. my daily running is no more than 20 km and mostly it will stay in home.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Margalla is not worth buying get a baleno in good nick

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    xquisite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What's your total budget?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    370k dead final

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Margalla is not worth buying get a baleno in good nick
    Baleno have some issues so im little scared about its card and back firring and its common issue of RPM drop ... my pocket cant bear at least 6 month heave expenses.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    Baleno have some issues so im little scared about its card and back firring and its common issue of RPM drop ... my pocket cant bear at least 6 month heave expenses.
    No issue if maintained through for peace of mind buy a margalla

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    No issue if maintained through for peace of mind buy a margalla
    In Karachi a good 99 model baleno how much it will cost i have contacted few baleno owners but they have sold and there ride was very well maintained.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Baleno is not a market car (as per people) so price vary a lot a good baleno can be found near 400k

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Baleno is not a market car (as per people) so price vary a lot a good baleno can be found near 400k
    Please guide me if a car cplc voice and cleared should i put my hand on that, how big trouble it can make me after purchasing and if one duplicate plate with FIR should i buy that car ?

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    Please guide me if a car cplc voice and cleared should i put my hand on that, how big trouble it can make me after purchasing and if one duplicate plate with FIR should i buy that car ?
    Yes cplc clear car would be nice you can verify cplc my excise site and also by phone a nice baleno willbe trouble free

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Yes cplc clear car would be nice you can verify cplc my excise site and also by phone a nice baleno willbe trouble free
    actually i want to ask that if car stolen or got voice in cplc and after that they clear it, this car make any trouble ?

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    actually i want to ask that if car stolen or got voice in cplc and after that they clear it, this car make any trouble ?
    No trouble with document but resale would be effected

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    No trouble with document but resale would be effected
    no issue with resale and im getting it below market price around 50-70k

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranker84 View Post
    no issue with resale and im getting it below market price around 50-70k
    Go for it then

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    ranker84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM brothers

    Yesterday i have purchased a honda civic 1995 model black color with following specs.

    340k

    Water dropping Engine
    Chilled AC
    CNG
    BODY Normal ( only bumpers need some re painting from 1-2 spots.
    Interior Awsome (only a minor cut near wind screen)
    Alloy rims.
    Original number plates, complete docs, with open letter and cplc cleared.

    I want to do some modification so please guide me how much it will cost me.

    1. My Dash board is decent but i want in awsome condition how much cost will be in replacing.
    2. Car suspensions are ok but bushes are bad, how much cost for all 4 side bushed including labor and any preferred mechanic in Nazimabad.
    3. Steering is little out i have to do wheel alignment, any specific mechanic and how much it will cost.
    4. some minor door work and auto mirror and side mirror, wind screen water motor, any mechanic and how much iy will cost.
    5. Back lights and the light inside rear mirror how much it will cost and location.
    6. RPM Meter not working properly and speedo meter is dead, when i press the pedal hard RPM suddenly goes to red line but if i press the pedal gently it stay at 1. how much cost and any mechanic for this work.

    I will post my vehicle pictures soon and I'm really enjoying the ride and comfort.

    Note : This is my first civic and powered car so i dnt know much about it. Recently i have kept Lancer in Karachi but not for long only 3-4 months and never visited any mechanic.

    I also want to know that can we go to Lahore-Islamabad on this civic, as my driving plans are not to go over 110kmh (Sindh 80-90, Punjab 100,110)

    Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •