Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1225
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - (RAIKONNEN WINS)

There is considerable time left in the start of the season but there are a lot of news coming through. So, just like last time we had a single thread about F1 2006 season I am starting this thread for the 2007 Season. This will allow all of us to discuss things at one place.

My request to all the F1 fans, please post F1 2007 related stuff here.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

damn!!! wht the hell...

those british ppl .....:|

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen thrilled with the title and Ferrari life
    Brazilian GP - Ferrari - Race

Raikkonen takes the biggest prize in F1 in Brazil

Kimi Raikkonen won the Brazilian Grand Prix to take the Drivers’ World Championship title, the first of his career and the fifteenth for Ferrari in Formula one. This was win number 201 from 758 Grand Prix entered by Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, the fifteenth from 122 race starts for Kimi. The Scuderia’s number of wins in this race is now nine.

Raikkonen's win gave him 110 championship points, one more than both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso who finished third and seventh respectively.

Kimi Raikkonen
    “It is very difficult for me to explain in words what I am feeling at the moment: it is an incredible emotion. I want to thank the team for everything they have done this year. Even when we went through some difficult times and it looked as though there was no way to fight back, we never gave up and this work produced its reward today. Thanks also to my parents, to my wife Jenni and everyone who believed in me.”

“I have achieved what I have been after for a long time. Now everything else will be an extra. Today, Felipe’s help was vital and he was amazing. We had to get a one-two and then see what the others did. This time, things went our way and the unexpected did happen. This has been a very nice year for me during which I have enjoyed Formula 1 like never before. In Ferrari, I have found a great family and I am proud to have won the title with them.”

Felipe Massa
    “Today is a great day for the team and for Kimi, who has won the Drivers’ title. Of course I would have liked to have won my home race again this year, but I am happy to have helped my team-mate, who was the only one of us still in with a chance of taking the title. I am proud to have done it for Ferrari who believed in me even when I was not in Formula 1. It is thanks to the people in Maranello that I am here and it is with them that I have grown as a driver and as a man.
    After everything that has happened this year, both on and off the track, today it is great to be able to celebrate two world titles. Today I had a fantastic car and I could have gone even quicker on track than I did. I also want to thank all our partners for all their support.”

Jean Todt
    “A dream that it seemed would be impossible to come true was transformed into reality at the end of a race which the drivers and the team managed superbly, which is self evident from looking at the details of the race. We had to get a one-two and then see what our main competitors could do. We needed a “helping hand” from others, both those in the running for the title as well as those out of the running to bring home both titles. And yes, because not only have we taken the Drivers’ title with Kimi, but we also numerically confirmed the Constructors’ title that we acquired after the decision of the FIA World Council back on 13 September. Two titles, nine wins, four one-two finishes, nine pole positions, twelve fastest race laps: these are exceptional figures in a season which included some difficult moments, but in which we never gave up the fight. Today was our reward for all this work. I wish to congratulate Kimi and thank Felipe, who again today demonstrated his loyalty to Ferrari: without his help, we would have not reached this result.”

Luca Baldisserri
    “We needed a perfect race and we produced one. However, even that on its own would not have been enough and we needed a little help from the others. Our two drivers were fantastic and the car was up to their level. This result is a dream and we were so keen to win it on the race track. It confirms we are a fantastic group.”

Press Release
    Ferrari

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Off-track drama at Interlagos (update 2)
    Championship result still in question...

The season finale takes a twist - post race...

A stewards’ inquiry following the Brazilian Grand Prix has put a question-mark alongside Kimi Raikkonen's world championship triumph on Sunday.

It has emerged from Interlagos that investigations are currently taking place regarding the BMW Sauber and Williams teams, after fuel samples from the cars failed post-race scrutineering checks.

Nico Rosberg (Williams), Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld (BMW) finished the race fourth, fifth and sixth respectively, meaning that if they are disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would inherit three additional points.

If confirmed, the McLaren rookie would be crowned world champion ahead of Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.

BMW and Williams representatives were indeed summoned to the stewards' office, according to a spokesperson for the FIA.

A BMW spokesperson confirmed that the issue relates to the temperature of the fuel sampled, and a BBC radio news item speculated that the fuel may have been too cold.

E.A.
    Source GMM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mosley: FIA to go through 2008 McLaren with fine-tooth comb

FIA President Max Mosley has said Formula One racing’s governing body will rigorously examine next season’s McLaren to ensure it does not contain intellectual property obtained from Ferrari.

McLaren were stripped of their 2007 constructors’ points and fined $100 million earlier this season after being found guilty of benefiting from possession of confidential Ferrari data. Although no proof of its use was found in the design of the team’s current car, Mosley wants to provide reassurance that it does not feature in next season’s either.

“We want to play fair with McLaren, but want to give the other teams and the public the guarantee that the new McLaren is not built upon Ferrari information,” said Mosley. “We are now facing the situation of going through the ‘08 McLaren with a fine-tooth comb. And we are not speaking about a single component but of the incorporation of intellectual property and ideas in order to solve technical problems.”

Mosley described the case as still “wide open and very difficult”, but said he hoped it can be closed at a meeting of the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council on December 7.

Asked to hypothesize on what might happen if the new McLaren were found to contain Ferrari material, Mosley added: “As penalty I could imagine sending McLaren into the ‘08 season with a minus of championship points as is used in soccer - or exclude the team for the whole season.”

News from: www.formula1.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA: BMW, Williams fuel outside rules

The FIA has confirmed that the fuel temperatures of the BMW Sauber and Williams cars were outside the regulations during the course of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

As the race stewards continue to investigate the matter to decide on whether or not a punishment is necessary, a statement issued by technical delegate Jo Bauer revealed the extent of the temperature variation of the cars involved.

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula One technical regulations states: "No fuel on board the car may be more than ten degrees centigrade below ambient temperature."

The statement issued by Bauer showed that Heidfeld's fuel was 13 degrees centigrade lower than ambient at his first stop and 12 degrees centigrade lower at his second stop.

Robert Kubica's fuel varied by 14 degrees, 13 degrees and 13 degrees at his three stops; Nico Rosberg's fuel was 13 degrees and 12 degrees out at his two stops and Kazuki Nakajima's was 12 degrees out at his first stop. His second stop was inside the 10-degree limit.

Spyker technical chief Mike Gascoyne said he believed the variation would have provided a performance advantage.

"It can be five to ten horsepower easily," he said. "The car is producing a performance advantage during the race. If they dump fuel in that is below the limit, it is an illegal performance advantage. They should be excluded from the event, there is absolutely no doubt."

The implications of a disqualification for the BMW and Williams drivers would be huge, as it could potentially move Lewis Hamilton up the order into fourth place.

In such a case, Hamilton would be crowned the world championship.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    it would be a blast for mclaren and hami..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well here are some pics of todays Finale..

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775198

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775199

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775200

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775201

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775202
    Turn on Inspiration. Turn off Blur.

Burn Rubber Not your soul.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775203

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775204

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775205

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775206

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775207

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775208

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775209

Hey now m going home wid my trophy,, And i wud now win the GP on PS2.
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775210

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775211

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton joins sport's great chokers

Lewis Hamilton blew the chance to become Formula One's youngest champion and instead joined a list of the greatest sporting chokers.

The Briton suffered a horrible start that allowed eventual race and championship winner Kimi Raikkonen to pass him as well as team-mate Fernando Alonso at the first corner.

We bring you a compilation of the most famous bottlers.

Greg Norman

Few sports subject players to such intense pressure as golf, and the sport has claimed more than its share of victims - think Jean van de Velde or Bernhard Langer. But Norman made a career of buckling at crucial moments, coming second in eight majors and winning just twice. His biggest choke came at the 1996 US Masters, when he surrendered a six-shot lead to Nick Faldo in the final round.

Shane Warne
    The greatest bowler in history a choker? Well, yes. Having spun Australia to the brink of the 2005 Ashes, Warne dropped a dolly off Kevin Pietersen on the final day of the fifth Test, and the batsman promptly compiled a match-saving 158 to bring the little urn back to England. Herschelle Gibbs' famous drop off Steve Waugh in the 1999 World Cup was carelessness, Warne's was a choke.

Netherlands

The Dutch football team have been serial chokers since throwing away the lead in the 1974 World Cup final against Germany. They were beaten in the final four years later and have since made a fine art out of losing on penalties - exiting major tournaments by that method in 1992, 1996, 1998 and 2000, when they missed two spot-kicks in normal time and another three in the shootout.

Jana Novotna

Novotna beats Henman as the biggest tennis choker, as the Briton's problem was that he wasn't quite good enough, not that he was mentally weak. Not so Novotna, who had a point to go 5-1 up in the third set of the 1993 Wimbledon final against Steffi Graf, but double-faulted and quickly surrendered the next five games in agonizing fashion before bursting into tears. She finally won Wimbledon in 1998.

Jimmy White

The Whirlwind is snooker's ultimate nearly man, having lost five World Championship finals in a row between 1990 and 1994, as well as the 1984 edition. The last of these six failures was the most heartbreaking, as he reached a deciding frame against Stephen Hendry and only needed to sink an easy black to claim the title. He missed by a mile as the pressure told, and was never the same player again.

Buffalo Bills

For consistency of near-miss, it is impossible to fault the Bills, who are the only team to reach four Super Bowls in a row. Unfortunately for them, they lost them all. The first of these defeats - to the New York Giants in 1991 - featured perhaps the most exciting finish ever. Bills kicker Scott Norwood had a 47-yard field goal to win it, but pushed the kick wide right and can now be found selling insurance in Virginia.

Devon Loch

Can a horse choke? It would seem so. The Queen Mother's Horse was virtually out of sight and cruising to victory 50 metres from home in the 1956 Grand National before inexplicably slipping over, allowing ESB to sneak through. Also Alex Ferguson's favourite choker - the Scot always raises the possibility of a 'Devon Loch' when a side lead Manchester United by 10 or more points.

Laurent Fignon
    Back in the days when cycling was a proper sport, Fignon was leading the 1989 Tour de France by 50 seconds going into the final-stage time trial. However, the home favourite gave up 58 seconds - and overall glory - to the American Greg LeMond. It was later claimed that the wind resistance from Fignon's ponytail cost him the win. A bit harsh to call him a choker as he did win Le Tour on two other occasions.

New York Yankees

You might not expect to find the 'winningest' team in Major League Baseball on a list of bottlers, but the Yankees performed perhaps the most celebrated choke in American sports history in 2004. From 3-0 up in their playoff series against arch-rivals the Boston Red Sox, they proceeded to lose four games on the bounce, and the Sox went on to win their first World Series since 1918.

Don Fox

Pressure can make even the simplest task feel like scaling Everest. Fox was stranded at base camp in the 1968 rugby league Challenge Cup final, when he was presented with a conversion in front of the posts to win the game for Wakefield Trinity. He missed, gifting the Cup to Leeds and leaving the astonished TV commentator Eddie Waring to mutter "poor lad". Indeed he was.
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ gud info... lolzzzzzzzzzzz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Zorix

Great pictures. (Y)

@UncleKracker

Interesting article. Never knew Shane Warne was a choker. You can add another name to that list. Misbah-ul-Haq.
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LMAO @ jimmy white... wat a player... no doubt he shits when he is in pressure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some usual Bad Shits in Pits by the tailrunners
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775212

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775213

- FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775214

Group Photo in last.
    - FORMULA 1 Season 2007 - RAIKONNEN WINS -775215

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ROFLMAO @ Misbah-ul-haq. No doubt about taht, had done twice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well pressure is a thing, which ya can only feel when you are in the same pos.

If a person calms his nerves than he becomes much greater, like schumi,tiger woods, o sullivan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well pressure is a thing, which ya can only feel when you are in the same pos.

If a person calms his nerves than he becomes much greater, like schumi,tiger woods, o sullivan, Fedrer and etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton: My time will come.

Lewis Hamilton was magnanimous in defeat as the 2007 Formula 1 World Championship slipped agonisingly out of his grasp in the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix, insisting he will have many more opportunities to fight for the crown.

The McLaren-Mercedes ace went into the race as most people's favourite, having led the drivers' standings for the majority of his rookie campaign in the top flight and still holding a four-point advantage. Despite starting second on the grid, a poor getaway dropped him back down to fourth behind the two Ferraris and team-mate Fernando Alonso, and when he tried to re-take the place from the Spaniard further around the opening lap he ran wide and lost four more positions.

Only a handful of laps later, a temporary gear-shifting problem cost the 22-year-old another half a minute, and though he fought back as valiantly as he could, seventh place at the chequered flag - just ten seconds away from where he needed to be in fifth - was not quite enough, as race-winner Kimi Raikkonen pipped him to the laurels by a solitary point.

"Obviously I'm pretty disappointed with the result today," Hamilton confessed after the race, "having led for so much of the season and then not to win the championship. However I have to put the result into perspective - this is only my first year in Formula 1, and overall it has just been phenomenal.

"I'm still very young and have plenty more years in me to achieve my dream of becoming world champion. I have to thank absolutely everyone in the team for everything they have done for me this year; without them and all their hard work I wouldn't have even been in this position today."

The words of team principal Ron Dennis mirrored his driver's disappointment, having seen not only Hamilton but also Alonso head into the Brazilian weekend ahead of Raikkonen in the title reckoning. Having already been disqualified from the constructors' battle, the end result means despite triumphing in no fewer than eight of the 17 races over the course of the 2007 season, the Woking-based outfit ultimately walks away empty-handed.

"Having fought a close and thrilling battle in the drivers' championship all year and then not to win it at the final hurdle is obviously extremely disappointing," Dennis remarked. "However, we as a team can only feel very proud of all our achievements this season, and the way in which we have conducted ourselves.

"To come into this championship showdown with two drivers both with a chance of winning is a testament to all the hard work and dedication everybody in the McLaren-Mercedes team has put in throughout this difficult year. We would like to congratulate Kimi on his achievement today."

"Not the result we wanted to achieve," added Mercedes-Benz Motorsport Vice-President Norbert Haug, "with both Lewis and Fernando having been so close to winning the world championship, but even two times 109 points does not make up 110. It hurts very much if you are missing just two points to win a championship.

"However, I want to thank the entire team for their hard work during this season. It is sad for everybody in the team that we couldn't capitalise on our second chance following China. Congratulations to Kimi and Ferrari on winning the world championship."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alonso praises 'deserving' KIMI.
    Dethroned Formula 1 World Champion has hailed Kimi Raikkonen as a deserving successor to his crown after the Finn scored an unlikely title win in the final round of the 2007 season at Interlagos.

While mathematicians had the scenarios planned before the race, the unlikely occurrence played out when Raikkonen won, Alonso finished third and Lewis Hamilton - who held a four point advantage into the race - could only manage seventh following mechanical dramas.

It meant Raikkonen would come away with the title by just a single point from McLaren duo Alonso and Hamilton, who were tied in second place.

However, while Alonso, who would have needed just one place more to make it three titles in a row, admits he was disappointed not to come away with the championship, he was nonetheless satisfied with his first season with McLaren.

"The result today is of course disappointing but we already knew that it would be difficult starting from fourth to win the race and the Championship today," he reflected.

"I predicted at the start of the season that it was going to be very close and that it would com e down to the race here in Brazil, I just hoped that it would have been in my favour, but that is not the case and I just have to accept that for this year.

"It was a difficult race for me. During the first laps, I thought I was able to match the Ferraris speed; however, when they began pushing they were just too fast. Our car was fast and competitive throughout the year and I won four races. I am still satisfied with this season"

Speaking also to the BBC soon after the race, Alonso claims Raikkonen was the deserved champion in the end, the Finn having won more races than anyone else this season.

"I said many times that whoever has more points at the last race, deserves the championship.

"It's been up and down for everybody but now on the last day, Kimi deserves it," he added

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liuzzi, R Schumacher depart with disappointment.

Two drivers bid farewell to their respective teams at the end of the Brazilian Grand Prix, but Vitantonio Liuzzi and Ralf Schumacher will not be leaving Scuderia Toro Rosso and Toyota on a high.

Both drivers were involved in a first corner skirmish at Interlagos that saw several drivers come into contact with one another, Schumacher clipping the Renault of Heikki Kovalainen and Liuzzi losing his front wing on the back of Giancarlo Fisichella's Renault too.

Dropping them down the field, Schumacher would eventually bring his Toyota stint to an end in 11th place, while Liuzzi will be classified 13th after finishing two laps adrift of the leaders.

Attention however now turns to their futures, with Liuzzi vocally confident that he will still be in Formula 1 next year, with Williams currently thought to be in negotiations with the Italian amongst others.

"The first corner here is always difficult. I saw Giancarlo lock up the wheels and go straight and I expected him to miss the corner, so I went down the inside but he came back and clipped my nose and that ruined my race, as I had to pit.

"Then, for the first stint I was struggling as I think front wing debris went under the car and it was really undrivable. In the last two stints I was quite strong, but coming back from last, the race was over for me. A shame, as I was in a positive frame of mind about this race before the start. Now, I am looking forward to my future and I hope to know where that future is quite soon."

Schumacher meanwhile, who has scored a total of 70 points and three podiums in the three seasons he was with the team, was disappointed with the outcome of his final race, but he too is confident of returning to the grid in 2008.

"It is my last race for Toyota and for sure it is a pity to be leaving after three years. This has been a difficult season in terms of results but we tried our best and it simply didn't work out.

"The team has worked really hard and we have made a lot of changes to the car during the year. It has been a pleasure to work with the whole team, both at the factory and at the races and tests. I have enjoyed my time here and I am looking forward to seeing some of the guys for a drink in the future."

Liuzzi and Schumacher's team bosses also took time to praise their drivers and wish them well for the future.

"I want to thank Tonio after his last race for us," said Franz Tost. "Especially in the last few races, he produced a very good performance and everyone at Toro Rosso wishes him all the best for the future."

"I would like to thank Ralf for his contribution to the team," added Toyota's Tadashi Yamashina. "We have had some good times together, even though we have not had the results we all expected.

"Ralf brought valuable experience to the team and helped us move forward. He has worked well with the team and in many ways we are sorry our relationship is coming to an end. However, circumstances change and we wish Ralf all the best in his future career."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

User Tag List