3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default - Formula 1 - Season 2009 -

F1 2009 SEASON IS OVER AND HENCE THREAD CLOSED!

FOR F1 SEASON 2010 , PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!125307~ForumID!28~pw.html

F1 FANS!!!! Welcome to the 2009 Season thread! - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565676
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565677
    - Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -565678
    Previous Seasons of Formula 1 Formula 1 - Season 2008 Formula 1 - Season 2007 Formula 1 - Season 2006 Some Formula 1 related websites Formula 1.com Itv-F1.com Espnstar.com F1-Live.com F1db.com Planetf1.com Autosport.com newsonf1.com
    Enjoy Posting!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda City 1999 1.5L NEO MT | Honda City 2009 1.3L AT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

h1Yas Marina factfile/h1

Circuit length: 3.452 miles

Type of circuit: Purpose-built race track

Track layout: 21 corners; 12 left and nine right. Anti-clockwise direction

Number of laps: 55

Estimated lap time: 1m40s

Estimated top speed: 197mph (on straight between turns seven and eight)

Fastest corner: Turn 15, a sixth-gear 170mph right hander

Usual weather: Like F1’s established Middle Eastern race in Bahrain, blue skies and sun are pretty much guaranteed for Abu Dhabi. The F1 fraternity, however, will welcome the race’s late October slot as the month marks the start of the emirate’s ‘cooler’ period – that means temperatures ‘only’ tend to range between 30-35C.

Overtaking opportunities: Unknown. The Yas Marina circuit’s composition of long straights, including the longest straight in F1, heading into slow corners should make passing possible, although the inevitable dust that comes with racing in desert countries may make running off-line treacherous.

Yas Island is a 2,500-hectare man-made island built just off the coast of Abu Dhabi city which has been designed to boost tourism to the UAE. In addition to the race circuit, the project will also include the first Ferrari World theme park [due to open in 2010], a Warner Bros. theme park, a water park, over 20 hotels and several marinas.

The Yas Marina circuit project was originally planned as a street circuit with a semi-permanent section, but later design revisions saw the blueprint altered so to create a full purpose-built track.

The all-new circuit has been set up to run in three configurations: The F1 layout runs to 3.45 miles, with the second and third configurations at 1.9 miles and 1.46 miles respectively.

The cost of the Yas Marina circuit has not been divulged, but organisers say it is in line with other major sporting venues such as Wembley Stadium (£757m) and the Yankee Stadium in New York (US$1.5bn).

The circuit includes several novel features: F1’s first tunnel re-entry onto the track from the pit lane; a raised grandstand with run-off area below; the longest straight on the calendar and grandstands which are all covered.

The imposing VIP Shams Tower which stands at the end of the pit straight is powered by one of Abu Dhabi’s main resources, the sun. The track also passes under the venue’s other major landmark, the new five-star Yas Hotel which sits on the waterfront.

Sunday’s race will be the first F1 event to start in daylight hours and finish under floodlights in the early evening. A seamless transition from light to dark will be achieved by the lighting system, erected during the circuit’s construction, remaining on from the start of the race.

Work on the circuit started in February 2007

Organisers employed a workforce of 14,000

35 million man hours invested

1.6 million cubic metres of earthwork were shifted

720,000 square metres of asphalt laid

25 kilometres of electrical cabling

17 kilometres of drainage installed

5,000 trees planted

430,000 square metres of ground landscaped

40 kilometres of curb-stones installed

70 garages housed in two pit buildings

The five-star Yas Hotel straddles the circuit
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rosberg confirms he will leave Williams

Nico Rosberg has confirmed he will leave the Williams team at the end of the 2009 season, after four years with the British squad.

Heidfeld 'pretty certain' of F1 seat

Nick Heidfeld says he is confident he will be in Formula 1 next year, despite not having secured a contract for 2010 yet.

Rosberg was not expecting Williams wins

Nico Rosberg says he is leaving Williams because he does not believe the team will be able to fight for victories next season.

Key Mercedes supporter linked with Brawn

According to a rumour in the paddock of the DTM series finale in Hockenheim last weekend, Brawn could be set to benefit from more than just an intensified relationship with Mercedes-Benz in the future.

Heidfeld joins calls to save British GP

Nick Heidfeld on Thursday joined many, including McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh, in saying that Britain should not be lost to the Formula One calendar.

Drivers face finale with uncertain futures

The chequered flag will fall on the 2009 season on Sunday, but the fates of several drivers are still uncertain.

No regrets for Fisichella

Giancarlo Fisichella knew that he was unlikely to be retained by Force India for the 2010 season, despite his sensational second position at the Belgian Grand Prix. When the call from Ferrari came with the offer to stand in for the injured Felipe Massa, Fisichella didn’t hesitate and accepted the offer.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Now the Trulli Sutil Saga continues even after 11 days of the Brazilian GP incident as F1 headed towards last weekend of this season at Abu Dhabi's new Yas Marina circuit as during thursday's FIA press conference they both have some verbal exchange.

Sutil and Trulli continue their Brazilian feud

Adrian Sutil and Jarno Trulli traded insults on Thursday as they continued a war of words sparked by their first-lap crash in Brazil

Eleven days ago Toyota driver Trulli and Force India's Sutil came close to blows after a collision that forced from both out of the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos.

Attempting to pass Sutil around the outside, Trulli put a wheel on the grass, sending him spinning into the back of the German's car and then into a wall.

The impact resulted in Sutil careering across the infield grass and his momentum taking him back onto the track where he was struck for a second time, on this occasion by Fernando Alonso.

An outraged Trulli leapt out of his car and ran over to confront a stunned Sutil, gesticulating furiously and clearly accusing him of causing the accident.

The exchange resulted in the 35-year-old Italian being fined £6,000 for what the FIA described as "aggressively confronting" Sutil.

In Thursday's main FIA press conference ahead of Sunday's inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, when asked by Press Association Sport if they had settled their differences, the row erupted again.

Here is the transcript of their exchange which will likely spill over into Friday's customary drivers' briefing.

Trulli:
    "Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap.

"I had every reason to be extremely furious. I've got all the evidence to show I was there and was next to him, and tomorrow we are going to discuss it."

Sutil:
    "There's nothing to discuss, it was quite an obvious incident.

"In the end it was very disappointing for me, even more because I was the one who was driving, and he lost control of his car and crashed into my back.

"It's not my problem. It's his problem. I don't know why he's freaking out like that to be honest."

Trulli:
    "I don't know if you're blind, but I can clearly show you my front wing is next to your front wing."

(Trulli then produced photographs to support his argument)

Sutil:
    "But you're trying to overtake me around the outside on the kerb. There was not a problem. You were off the power.

"The same happened in Barcelona where you lost control again and crashed again into a Force India car (Sutil).

"You have to sometimes respect the limits of the car. If you've nowhere to go, you have to back off. That's how racing is. I don't know how long you need to learn this."

Trulli: "In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he cut the kerb, cut the circuit completely, and he didn't slow down."

Sutil:
    "I didn't hit you. You hit me. I don't know what is your problem. I really don't understand."

Asked what was said during their spat immediately after the accident,
    Trulli replied:
    "I was furious because he didn't see me.

"I was next to him and he kept on pushing me on the outside until I was obviously on the kerb."

Then the row continued:

Sutil:
    "It's not a problem to be on the kerb. Where's the problem?"

Trulli (sarcastically):
    "Yeah, no problem! As long as we know the rules."

Sutil:
    "I know the rules."

The verbal confrontation resulted in Alonso being asked for his opinion as he had a clear view of the incident prior to hitting Sutil.

With a smile,
    Alonso said:
    "I saw everything more or less, but as Jarno said we will discuss it in the drivers' briefing - deeply!"

During the press conference Alonso and Kimi are also present and they both are smiling as debate was going on.

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1010439

And if this is nothing then have a look at this news below

Drivers want clarification on standards

Formula 1 drivers look set to ask race director Charlie Whiting for a clarification about driving standards in Friday night's briefing in Abu Dhabi following a host of incidents in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

While most of the spotlight remains on the opening lap collision between Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil, which continued with the pair arguing in public during an official FIA press conference in Abu Dhabi on Thursday, concerns have emerged about other incidents in the race.

Outgoing Williams driver Nico Rosberg said that he would be seeking a clarification from Whiting about what was acceptable these days - with the German believing drivers were now being too aggressive in defending positions.

His comments come after separate collisions between Mark Webber/Kimi Raikkonen, Rubens Barrichello/Lewis Hamilton and Kamui Kobayashi/Kazuki Nakajima which all occurred after the driver ahead moved across on his rival in a bid to keep hold of his position.

"Barrichello, Webber and Kobayashi did exactly the same thing," said Rosberg. "With Webber, Raikkonen lost his front wing, with Kobayashi, Nakajima had a massive off, which could have been much worse - you can really hurt yourself, marshals and others in that sort of accident.

"With Barrichello, Lewis ran into the back of his tyre. That was the third time – and it is not allowed to happen.

"It is Michael Schumacher who started this, like at Spa [in 2000], when Mika Hakkinen tried to overtake him and he ran him off the track. When the guy behind has made a decision [to pass] and the guy in front then moves over, it is very dangerous. You cannot do that."

"That was the first time I remember it being a dangerous issue, so it needs to be looked at and clarified from my point of view. I will be mentioning it in the drivers' briefing."

"I am not saying anyone has done anything wrong [in Brazil], because there has not been a clarification about it, but the view of the drivers needs to be taken into account and we say it is very dangerous. Something needs to be changed."

Former world champion Fernando Alonso, who was an innocent victim of the Trulli/Sutil incident in Brazil, agreed that a clarification in the rules must be sought.

"I saw everything more or less, second or third row because there were some cars between us," he said. "But I think tomorrow in the drivers' briefing we will discuss it a bit deeper."

Looks like some one should remind Rosberg that they are racing and not driving for fun, what he wants that when ever a driver tries to overtake the one who is about to be overtaken should give the place without any defending of his position then what's the purpose of overtaking because it will become the same type of thing like lapping a backmarker's car where marshalls show blue flag to the backmarker and if he ignores 3 consecutive blues he will be handed a penalty. In racing you have to overtake and you have to defend. I think he should ask his father that how he did overtakes when he was racing because I think there was not a blue flag rule until mid 80's.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen says McLaren the only option

Kimi Raikkonen has revealed that his only real opportunity to remain in Formula 1 next year is to complete a deal with McLaren.

The Finn is a free agent after this season, having agreed an early end to his contract with Ferrari, yet he has not yet firmed up his plans for 2010.

He has been linked with moves to both McLaren and Toyota next year - but he revealed ahead of Abu Dhabi that there was only one real chance for him if he was going to remain in F1.

"Toyota has not even been discussed," Raikkonen told Finnish television station MTV3. "If I want to drive [F1] cars, then McLaren in the only option. I should know the situation in the next few days."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Man i don't know what Trulli's problem is. Guess this being the first time they were together in a press conference it was bound to come up, but let it go! Sure, Sutil was probably to blame more with people saying so much about the incident and some footage missing plus Sutil admitting that Trulli was along side him but it was a racing accident. Trulli probably feels under pressure because his F1 career is on the line and feels he was robbed of a good result.

Sorry, but i have to agree with Rosberg. Kobayashi being the perfect example. He impressed on his debut but he was moving alot in braking areas, more than once which is not allowed under FIA rules. A few years back when Berger was with BMW, Barrichello driving for Ferrari, had run into the back of Ralf Schumacher so many times that BMW ended up writing " Keep your distance" as a joke on their rear wing as a joke. Some people have done a lot worse in the past and got away with it. I am not one who is for all this crazy amount of safety drivers want, but when you see the Nakajima incident caused by Kobayashi, you think about what might have happened. The rules should be clear and implemented on everyone irrespective of their name or the team they drive for. If they can't do that then lets just go the Indycar way, no blocking, not even once, which is another stupid rule.

Again i say, F1 needs permanent stewards to have uniformity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83 awesum information bout salaries.

and no offense for any one...force india driver dont know how to drive....they are just pain in F1 lane.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Glock now likely to leave Toyota

Timo Glock has admitted it is now likely he will leave Toyota at the end of this season, with the German's future now set to be either with Renault or the new Manor outfit.

Although AUTOSPORT understands that Toyota has made him a firm offer for next season, sources suggest that Glock is keener to follow a new path in his career.

He is close to a deal to partner Robert Kubica at Renault, but it is also believed that he has not totally ruled out an option he has at the soon-to-be Virgin-backed Manor team.

Speaking in the Abu Dhabi paddock, Glock said he had no doubts that he would be racing in F1 next year - even though he is adamant nothing is signed for 2010 year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK

Well, how could we say that Kamui have done lots of moving under braking just because Jenson comes on the radio and ask the team to go to Charlie and report it as he was not able to overtake. Even Martin Brundle have said that he has not seen Kobayashi moving alot in the braking zone, plus why Kobayashi's is being targeted by everyone when Webber also did the same move in the first lap on Kimi. Overtaking is a risky thing and it should be consider like that by everyone. Nakajima's incident was looks serious because of lack of gravel trap at the outside of that turn, if it was a gravel trap Nakajima would not crash in the barrier at all. Here is a video of 1994 Brazilian GP at the same venue where 3 cars try to overtake eachother simultaneously and in the end crashing out each other plus taking another car with them.

What I really don't like is the way Rosberg has criticise Michal for starting this kind of driving while in reality Senna and Prost have also do this kind of blocking during their career. As for Sutil he is a stupid driver that is for sure because he is even blaming Trulli for the Barcelona incident where as in reality he cuts the chicane and spearheaded straight into the Trulli's car. Sutil had make 2 mistakes this season one the Barcelona incident and second the Singapore incident, but for me Interlagos incident is not his fault it may be a racing incident or to some extent Trulli's fault but not Sutil's thats for sure.

Vettel out to clinch runner-up spot

Sebastian Vettel is determined to wrap up second place in the drivers' world championship at this weekend's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Frank Williams confirms Cosworth switch

Frank Williams has officially confirmed that his team will switch to Cosworth engines next year, as
    AUTOSPORT revealed
    earlier this month.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lotus F1 appoints new CEO

The Lotus Formula 1 team has appointed a new chief executive officer, with former Proton general manager Riad Asmat stepping up to the role.

Barrichello: Williams on the way up

Rubens Barrichello thinks Williams is a team 'on the up', ahead of his expected switch to the Grove-based outfit next season.

Here are the Abu Dhabi GP's First Practice Session results

As expected Hamilton has set the best lap time behind him the new WDC Button and behind them Sebastian Vettel.

Abu Dhabi GP Practice Session 1

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1010735
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the Abu Dhabi GP Practice Session 2 results

McLarens are looking strong for this GP, as both McLaren drivers are able to take first 2 positions of second practice session, with Heikki first, Hamilton second, Button on third, Vettel on fourth and Kobayashi on fifth.

Abu Dhabi GP Practice Session 2

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1010763

Williams sure to shine with Cosworth

Williams is convinced that its tie-up with Cosworth will give it the chance to take on the very best in Formula 1, after issuing a statement confirming its switch to the independent supplier next year.

US F1 chooses Motorland as Europe base

The US F1 Formula 1 team has announced it will use Spain's Motorland Aragon facilities as its European base from the 2010 season.

Now a big Hamilton fan on YouTube have posted his overtaking moves from his F1 and GP2 career. I wish if we could find all other F1 drivers overtaking moves on YouTube, although the Hamilton's F1 overtaking video is not so appreciatable but his GP2 overtaking video is really appreciatable and also verifies one thing that its not the tracks but the cars that hinders the overtaking moves so enjoy and dont count me as a Hamilton fan.

Hamilton's F1 overtakes

Hamilton's GP2 Overtakes

M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

Why are we watching Lewis Hamilton over taking people? Are you the secret Hamiilton fan posting these videos? I think you need to go to youtube , spend some time there and check Juan Pablo Montoya. I cant put up all his videos here and the passes he put on people. Over taking people is an art, some have it some don't. I don't know why everyone is dying to see people over taking cars and coming up with new rules each year. They should watch NASCAR or GP2 or something like IRL. It's fun if people over take but it should not be at the cost of making F1 a joke. Again, you should see the way Montoya would set up a pass on someone and it was all from the time when F1 probably had ten times more aerodynamic grip and less mechanical grip. He could do it others could not. Cars can never provide you with any over taking. Take these cars remove their front and rear wings, the diffuser and put them on the streets of Monaco, Singapore, Valencia, Australia, Silverstone, China, Monza etc and you will still have zero over taking. Bring the cars from four five years back with all the aero on them, put them on tracks like Spa, Brazil, Bahrain, Malaysia, the new Hockenheim, and you will find people over taking others. Races should not be about people constantly passing one another but a more tactical game.

Yes, there was a tot that went on in the Senna-Prost time but does that mean it should be something people should continue. Michael Schumacher is the man who took this stuff to another level in a time and age when safety was all that people talked about. He was the president of the F1 drivers association. The famous " cut and chop" was a Schumacher specialty. Before Senna and Prost, the average age of an F1 driver was 7 years, they did not last more than that. If you stayed for 7 years or more in F you had a in 3 chance of dying.

As for the Webber move, there are past incidents in exactly the same place with people losing their front wings and no one has been given a penalty. At least there is some consistency there. Kobayashi is another thing. He was driving F1 like it was GP 2 or something else. Go look at what he was doing going into turn one and how many times he moved around, plain dangerous. Just because he drove an other wise good race does not mean he made no mistakes. He is probably the best Japanese driver i have seen at least but he needs to learn that its not P2P to have a ding dong battle with people the way he did. I wish he had moved more and taken out Button altogether from the race.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kubica laments lack of track time

Robert Kubica was left lamenting the lack of track time in practice for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Friday.

Vettel confident of competitive weekend

Sebastian Vettel is optimistic his Red Bull Racing team will be competitive at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after a solid start to the weekend.

Ferrari vows to fight hard for third place

Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali says the Italian squad will give its best to try and beat McLaren in the championship, but he admits the task will be very difficult.

Drivers praise Abu Dhabi circuit

Formula 1's drivers were almost unanimous in their praise of Abu Dhabi's new Yas Marina circuit after the opening day of practice.

Sutil hopes Trulli row is over

Adrian Sutil hopes that a line can now be drawn under the row between himself and Jarno Trulli over their Brazilian Grand Prix crash, after the matter was largely ignored in Friday's Formula 1 drivers' briefing in Abu Dhabi.

Alonso aims to prove he's at his best

Fernando Alonso is hoping he will have a competitive car at the Ferrari team next year in order to prove he is driving better than ever.

Campos set to announce Senna deal

Bruno Senna has confirmed that he has secured a Formula 1 deal for next season - with an announcement about his move to Campos Grand Prix expected imminently.

@UK

No, its not me who posted those Hamilton video on YouTube, I just found it and post it here for fun. Can't reply now in detail because I am quite annoyed by KESC as I was typing a detailed post earlier and KESC played famous trick and the whole post has gone. So will post something later.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

love the sound of championship winning car mp4-23

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lo attach hi nai hui video......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

I was joking about you being the one up loading those videos to Youtube

lol! only yesterday someone from KESC was on TV saying they were saving up to 150 MW per day!! from day light saving which had helped a lot in reducing load shedding.

Bro, been meaning to ask you something and keep forgetting. How has your points system affected the championship? It's been awhile since you last updated that table. Would Button still be world champion with a race to go if your system was in place?

Plus have you heard from beglar ? Wonder how he is doing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamilton flies to Abu Dhabi Grand Prix pole

Lewis Hamilton claimed pole position for the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix by a crushing 0.7s margin over the Red Bulls.

McLaren driver Hamilton had dominated the early stages of qualifying - topping Q1 by half a second and Q2 by 0.3s. He then squandered his first Q3 lap by running wide at Turn 17, but regrouped and set a 1m41.773s next time around to take provisional pole from Rubens Barrichello (Brawn).

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber then made massive gains to jump from potential fourth row positions to first and second in the closing seconds. However Hamilton was already on a much faster final lap, and he duly put in a time of 1m40.948s to take his fourth pole of 2009.

An all-McLaren front row looked possible given the team's practice pace, but Heikki Kovalainen's car stopped with a transmission fault in Q2. Third at the time, he slipped to 13th on the grid.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fisichella eyes Force India return

Giancarlo Fisichella has not ruled out the possibility of returning to Force India next season, ahead of discussions with his Ferrari team about racing opportunities in 2010.

Although Fisichella's only confirmed plans for next year are as reserve driver for Ferrari, the Italian openly said that he would be interested in a chance to carry on racing as well.

Speaking in Abu Dhabi ahead of last grand prix for Ferrari, Fisichella said that he would sit down with his bosses after the season to look at what is on offer for 2010.

"After this race we will see what the possibilities are," said Fisichella. "We are now just talking about this race.

"So far, I am not thinking of racing with a new team. But if there is a good possibility to race with a team that has experience from the past then I prefer that. But to start from the beginning, like Force India last year, I think is difficult."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here are the Abu Dhabi Practice Session 3 and Qualifying Results

Abu Dhabi GP Practice Session 3

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1011090

Now the Qualifying Session results which confirms the expectations as Hamilton takes the pole.

Abu Dhabi GP Qualifying Session Result

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1011091

@UK

Thanks for asking about the point system I have a hard disk failure during Ramazan and just imagine its almost 2 months and I am not able to take it for repair and I am using the other PC which is my project PC and it doesnot have the MS-Office to do the whole calculation to show. I am also have working on a project which needs total concentration so will try to post the result systematically as soon as possible.

I am also thinking of asking you about beglar, I hope he has fully recovered from his injuries and we soon hear from him because most of this season without his lefty's input we are missing the real fun of PFL.

As for Qualifying Hamilton was flying I don't know what was the team put in the fuel tank of his car but certainly it is not the normal fuel, or he is practicing qualy on fumes for next season. RedBulls are looking strong but may be they are also doing low fuel qualy runs too.

Campos honoured to give Senna F1 shot

Campos Meta 1 has said it is an honour to hand Bruno Senna his chance in Formula 1, after finally confirming that it has agreed a deal with the Brazilian.

Fisichella: Force India return possible

Giancarlo Fisichella has not ruled out the possibility of returning to Force India next season, ahead of discussions with his Ferrari team about racing opportunities in 2010.

Sutil expects to remain at Force India

Adrian Sutil now thinks it is likely that he will remain at Force India next season, after his team took up the option it has on his contract for next year.

Silverstone closing in on GP deal

Silverstone is getting closer a deal to secure the future of the British Grand Prix, even though meetings between track representatives and Bernie Ecclestone in Abu Dhabi this weekend have so far failed to conclude a deal.

Alonso not surprised by Q1 exit

Fernando Alonso admitted he was not surprised after going out in the first segment in qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Hamilton: Pole not as easy as it looked

Lewis Hamilton downplayed the easiness with which he grabbed pole position for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Saturday.

Red Bull duo surprised by Hamilton pace

Red Bull Racing pairing Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber have admitted that they were surprised by Lewis Hamilton's qualifying pace after the McLaren driver took pole by over six tenths of a second.

Buemi eyes points finish after top ten

Sebastien Buemi believes that ending the season with a points finish is possible after qualifying 10th for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Trulli in confident mood for the race

Jarno Trulli is looking forward to a hard-fought battle in what could be his final race for Toyota after qualifying sixth for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Kubica still ruing Friday's problems

Robert Kubica was pleased with his effort in qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, but the Pole was still lamenting his lack of running in Friday practice.

Kovalainen gets gearbox change penalty

Heikki Kovalainen will lose five places on the grid of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after needing a gearbox change after qualifying.

Rosberg aims to defend points position

Nico Rosberg thinks both he and Williams should be able to hang on to their current championship positions in tomorrow's season finale in Abu Dhabi after he put his car ninth on the grid.

Force India drivers blame lack of grip

Force India pairing Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi blamed a lack of grip for failing to make it through to Q2.

Button frustrated by Q3 problems

World champion Jenson Button said he was frustrated to be unable to fight for a place on the front row of the grid ahead of tomorrow's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the post Qualy Weights

Post Qualy Weights for Abu Dhabi GP

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1011101

This is the last time we need the post qualy weights as from next season we have low fuel qualy.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is possible first pitstop chart for Abu Dhabi GP

Possible First Pitstop Chart

- Formula 1 - Season 2009 - -1011102
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread
Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 377785868788 LastLast

User Tag List