17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rear suspension improvement of cg-125

AOA all. I bought a 2010 honda cg-125 classic. I am quite happy with its engine performance so far.
    The only thing that bothers me is that its rear and front shocks are very hard and its seat is also very hard. I drive almost 60kms a day and can feel every bump and pit on the road. I cant tolerate it any more now as its too tiring.

I will solve the seat problem by fixing some extra foam layers and using a custom made cover etc.

I need suggestions regarding the following points.

1) Can cg-125 deluxe or gs-150 rear shocks be installed (cg has a very different kind of shocks from other bikes and is very thin from bottom to fit with the chain cover).
    2) both gs, deluxe and storm have more inclined shocks position. i think the angle of their inclination is very important. can this be done in cg too.
    3) Any possibility of getting 2nd hand shocks (japanese or sports bike) from Bilal gunj that are very comfortable and can fit in cg frame.

Please guys help me out.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u want other bike shock's to fit in ur bike than altrations r required for this
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sell your bike and purchase 150. rather than doing ricing on old one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not into this modification stuff, but what you said made me curious that Why you didn't buy Deluxe ?
    I can see that you want comfortability, more than the CG-125 itself. So why Classic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CG 125 is not a very comfortable bike to ride so u will have to live with it or else sell it and buy used deluxe or piagio storm, they r very comfortable bikes
    " Hope for the best & Prepare for the worst. "

FC
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster
    Classic kay shocks bilkul straight hotay hain to bumps ka pata chalta hai...baaqi bikes kay thoray say incline position mein hotay hain to jump work zyadah karty hain makng ride cmfrty...... Ap is ko as it is chor do thoray dino mein yay thoray naram ho jaaein *** lkn itny nahein ho ***..... Bhai yay bht bari advantage hai ap ko 125 mein bcz speed par cuting karty huay yay slip nahein marti aram say bcz of its hardness in shocks....
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u want other bike shock's to fit in ur bike than altrations r required for this
    can you suggest what kind of alterations are required for shocks replacement. I guess iskay spring koi soft walay dalwa kar dekhon agr mil jain koi achay.
    CG 125 is not a very comfortable bike to ride so u will have to live with it or else sell it and buy used deluxe or piagio storm, they r very comfortable bikes
    You are right. last year I bought a 2009 model storm but sold it because of some issues related to its performance but that was quite comfortable as compared to cg-125. Now this 125 can easily go to 110 at 8000 RPM (but didnt check exact what were the actuall rpms) but its like sitting on a wooden bench.
    Actually I rode yamaha yb-100 since my teenage and am used to its performance and comfort thats why facing problems.

There is nothing perfect in this world phrase seems perfectly fit to motorcycles especially in Pakistan. .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sell your bike and purchase 150. rather than doing ricing on old one.
    Thanks sir for the advice. I am thinking on the same lines.I have also read alot about gs-150 ride comfort. How do you compare it with cg-125 ride. I guess one can also install some new international market progressive type shocks in GS.
    I am talking about these kind of gas filled and oil filled super shocks that can also be bought cheap from ebay.

Rear suspension improvement of cg-125 -125298 Rear suspension improvement of cg-125 -125299 Rear suspension improvement of cg-125 -125300

I am not sure about whether they could be fit in to gs-150 but for deluxe I am sure that any kind of shock can be installed in it because of the frame structure. For cg I guess some alterations shall have to be done.
    Comments from all are required regarding this issue please.

Just waiting for our luck to work and may be we get new gs150 model with the disc brake otherwise Ill buy whats available.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    I am not into this modification stuff, but what you said made me curious that Why you didn't buy Deluxe ?
    I can see that you want comfortability, more than the CG-125 itself. So why Classic?
    Bhai you are right. I should have gone with the deluxe as its very comfortable and all kind of shocks could be installed in its frame. If you look at its rear shocks springs they come from the top mounting to almost the bottom of the lower mount and thats very comfortable and latest technology shock. the chain cover is inside and frame is out and a gap of 1 to 1.5" between spring and chain cover so no problem with any kind of shock. I think all this arrangment is deliberately done by Honda for the new shocks or its some kind of international style copy but its good.

But I guess the bike doesnt justify its price. I didnt buy it due to the following reasons and compromised over comfort.

1) Highly over priced. 25000 to 30000 diff than cg.
    2) same technology as cg. I guess the tappets noise level is also same that i dont like at all.
    3) cant be customized as cg. I have changed the side covers and fuel tank with the local made and can easily park it any where with confidence without having fear of whether it will get dropped or scratched etc.

now its a rugged bike with best performance and fuel avg and easily maintainable.
    4) I also dont like its front headlight (bootha)
    4) The idea of comfort was in my mind when i bougt but I dint think that its ride will be that harsh for me.

Actually the idea was that to buy a cg-125 rather than deluxe and change its outfit with some international accessories and parts (headlight, carriers, grips, foot pegs, shocks, mirrors, windshield, horn) etc as I like all that stuff and i love bikes too.

I could only think of buying a deluxe if it would come with a self starter and price tag of max of 95000. In the price honda is charging for deluxe they should atleast be giving a self starter, or a new OHC engine or fuel injection system or a new 150 cc OHV engine (show some improvement Atlas Honda. Only using black silencer and 5 gears doens make sense to increase the price tag that much).

Next year Inshallah I will go for some new m/cycle most probably a GS

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FC View Post
    @poster
    Classic kay shocks bilkul straight hotay hain to bumps ka pata chalta hai...baaqi bikes kay thoray say incline position mein hotay hain to jump work zyadah karty hain makng ride cmfrty...... Ap is ko as it is chor do thoray dino mein yay thoray naram ho jaaein *** lkn itny nahein ho ***..... Bhai yay bht bari advantage hai ap ko 125 mein bcz speed par cuting karty huay yay slip nahein marti aram say bcz of its hardness in shocks....
    bhai. you are right. par kia yay honday walay change naheen kar saktay . mera khayal hai k jahan top mount ka bolt lagta hai, usko frame par thora agay kar k bolt lagana hai. aur incline ho jaay ga. bas thori see shock ke lenght barhani parhay gee. . Khair main koi engineer naheen yay to theory hai.

main nay almost 6500km chala lia hai. abhi tak tau naram naheen hoay . lagta hai k honda walon nay spirngs ke jaga lohay k rods laga diay hain.
    mera apna wt 90kg hai aur double sawari be karta hoon par yay waheen k waheen hain. cuting tau main yb-100 par marta tha aur murree road par kabhi kisi ko agay naheen janay dia tha jo marzi bike ho par ab cutting ka zamana naheen raha.
    abhi 2 he solutins hain. seat cushioning aur softer springs . any advice in this regard. mera khayal hai k new shocks (deluxe ya gs ya kissi sports bike k) lagana mushkil hai.
    mera khayal hai k car par he aana jana shroo kar doon ya phir kamaria tight kar loon . new model gs aaay ga tau wo lay loon ga naheen tau

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    bhai. you are right. par kia yay honday walay change naheen kar saktay . mera khayal hai k jahan top mount ka bolt lagta hai, usko frame par thora agay kar k bolt lagana hai. aur incline ho jaay ga. bas thori see shock ke lenght barhani parhay gee. . Khair main koi engineer naheen yay to theory hai.

main nay almost 6500km chala lia hai. abhi tak tau naram naheen hoay . lagta hai k honda walon nay spirngs ke jaga lohay k rods laga diay hain.
    mera apna wt 90kg hai aur double sawari be karta hoon par yay waheen k waheen hain. cuting tau main yb-100 par marta tha aur murree road par kabhi kisi ko agay naheen janay dia tha jo marzi bike ho par ab cutting ka zamana naheen raha.
    abhi 2 he solutins hain. seat cushioning aur softer springs . any advice in this regard. mera khayal hai k new shocks (deluxe ya gs ya kissi sports bike k) lagana mushkil hai.
    mera khayal hai k car par he aana jana shroo kar doon ya phir kamaria tight kar loon . new model gs aaay ga tau wo lay loon ga naheen tau
    yar muhaffiz police ko kuch dinoo kae liyae dae do aisae naram karain gain kae jaesae makheen..;-))
    DAVIL MAY CRY

FC
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bike_junky
    Bhai phr aik kaam karo jump walay kay pass lay jaao aur bolo naram kar do
    My Vehicle is an ALL MOTOR. Seriously, Who needs a turbo when u have a Stupidly Quick Naturally Aspirated Motor???? Real Motors don't need Forced Induction. EG for life

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bike_junky
    GS is very different from other bikes primarily because of the rake(angle of front shocks). It is not very agile on crowded city roads and many people have problem adjusting to it, so you have to consider that. It is very comfortable and since you travel 60 kms per day it should be OK, but if most of the travel is within the city then your riding style would count more and you may not like the ride.

GS may not be getting a disc brake but Suzuki may be introducing a new 125cc bike with front disc brake and sportier looks. You should lookout for it.

Basically I don't like the idea of buying one thing and then trying to change it to something it was not meant or designed to be. Few years back I met someone who bought a pair of expensive adjustable rear shocks and installed on his bike. The ride was neither more comfortable nor more aggressive, so he had it adjusted several times and finally settled for a setting that matched the original shocks. Then it was slightly more comfortable normally and slightly more controllable while zigzagging through crowded roads, but not really worth the cost.
    Asad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeel060 View Post
    yar muhaffiz police ko kuch dinoo kae liyae dae do aisae naram karain gain kae jaesae makheen..;-))
    jee aur engine be makheen kar dain ***.

Bhai phr aik kaam karo jump walay kay pass lay jaao aur bolo naram kar do
    jee FC bhai aisay he karta hoon. kuch tau setting karain *** wo I guess. Koi Japanese springs be hon soft say tau kuch tau behtri aaay gee.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    @bike_junky
    GS is very different from other bikes primarily because of the rake(angle of front shocks). It is not very agile on crowded city roads and many people have problem adjusting to it, so you have to consider that. It is very comfortable and since you travel 60 kms per day it should be OK, but if most of the travel is within the city then your riding style would count more and you may not like the ride.
    Today I studied a topic on rake and trail. Couldn't master all the things but I got some basic idea about rake and trail. I think it wont bother me as I drive most of the time on highways and avoid to take sharp cuts as long as I can go in straight line.
    Please tell Is it hard to take turns on this bike or we have to apply force to make turns or making cuts. If thats not the case than i think its not any problem.

GS may not be getting a disc brake but Suzuki may be introducing a new 125cc bike with front disc brake and sportier looks. You should lookout for it.
    Its a great news if Suzuki m/cycles Pak introduce such kind of model as its the demand of our youth and I would also like to have one. Ill go to dealer to get any further news.

Basically I don't like the idea of buying one thing and then trying to change it to something it was not meant or designed to be. Few years back I met someone who bought a pair of expensive adjustable rear shocks and installed on his bike. The ride was neither more comfortable nor more aggressive, so he had it adjusted several times and finally settled for a setting that matched the original shocks. Then it was slightly more comfortable normally and slightly more controllable while zigzagging through crowded roads, but not really worth the cost.
    I agree to you. I think this bike was all built for durability and lifting heavy loads and thats what it is doing. Its also an old model that was introduced long ago and still going the same.
    I think selecting an aftermarket performance shock is not easy as one also has to take into considration the spring rate and travel.

Asad bhai. As you said GS is very comfortable I am really getting anxious. Would you please tell what kind of shocks are being used in it, their make, riding position of this bike etc. comparison with other bikes like cg and deluxe etc wet comfort.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA all. I bought a 2010 honda cg-125 classic. I am quite happy with its engine performance so far.
    The only thing that bothers me is that its rear and front shocks are very hard and its seat is also very hard. I drive almost 60kms a day and can feel every bump and pit on the road. I cant tolerate it any more now as its too tiring.

I will solve the seat problem by fixing some extra foam layers and using a custom made cover etc.

I need suggestions regarding the following points.

1) Can cg-125 deluxe or gs-150 rear shocks be installed (cg has a very different kind of shocks from other bikes and is very thin from bottom to fit with the chain cover).
    2) both gs, deluxe and storm have more inclined shocks position. i think the angle of their inclination is very important. can this be done in cg too.
    3) Any possibility of getting 2nd hand shocks (japanese or sports bike) from Bilal gunj that are very comfortable and can fit in cg frame.

Please guys help me out.
    Hi bro,
    Congrats on ur new ride!

have gone through all the topic and thought ebt ur problem, the lines ur thinking on i dont recomend them! donot change ur original suspension with sum other bike's or brand as it might cause 100 other problems, such as on doubling the softer shocks might press too much causing trouble for u to control, handling might get difficult & messed up, theres a strong probability that u wud end up wasting time and money, yet not being able to get req. result...

SOLUTION:
    The solution i can suggest is, go 2 a good shocks repair shop, ask them if they have good condition rear suspension of an OLD CG125 i.e. 1998 model or so... get that suspension in tish condition and put it in ur bike, go 4 new seals in shocks, check oil level in both shocks and MOST IMP insist tht the shocks shud be having original stock springs from 98 or tht older model, DONOT get springs changed with low quality - local made ones usually widely available at shock repair shops!(They are local made without packing springs and sold by the name of Kabli - whereas theyr not kabli) Ask them 2 adjust the old shock with old springs, those old springs wud serve the purpose, they will be pretty soft as compared to ur new ones, no problem related disbalancing of bike, stability and no alteration req... + cheap too

hope u find my advice usefull...
    regards!
    Umer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Umer

Thanks for the advice and congratulating. I dont want to alter the front suspension and will go with it until some problem occurs to them. For rear shocks I have noted your advice. Will go on weekend to look for 1998 model well condition old suspension. I guess 1998 cg was Japan assembled thats why you are suggesting. Japane made things are really impressive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Umer

Thanks for the advice and congratulating. I dont want to alter the front suspension and will go with it until some problem occurs to them. For rear shocks I have noted your advice. Will go on weekend to look for 1998 model well condition old suspension. I guess 1998 cg was Japan assembled thats why you are suggesting. Japane made things are really impressive.
    Yup i was also talking ebt the rear shocks only, front has got not much to do with the problem ur having, as ur most of the weight is on the rear tyre not front.

And yes 98s were v.good n solid bikes...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was going to the market and saw a person with cg-125 having shocks of cd-200 installed on it. I was surprised to see it and ask him about it. He said that the shocks fit bolt to bolt on it and the ride is really very comfortable. He told that previously he used different springs and atlast used shocks of road master i-e cd-200 and these are really comfortable and the ride is very pleasurable. I also pushed the bike downward and felt the suspension very soft. Doubling is also not a problem according to him.

So, any suggestion on it.

What kind of shocks are replaceable for Honda Road Master shocks, as they would all also fit in cg-125.
    Any idea of availability/price of used (in very good shape) /new shocks of Road master from RWP/ISD or Bilal Gunj Lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    both gs, deluxe and storm have more inclined shocks position. i think the angle of their inclination is very important. can this be done in cg too.
    The suspension of CG 125 are very hard.
    Even the front ones of new CD are hard aswell.
    The inclination plays a very importand role in making the ride comfortable of bumpy.
    Like in older models of CD 70 the rear swing arm was short in length thus the rear shocks were kinda straight but in later models the swing arm was longer which resulted in more inclination and that improved the comfort level alot.
    But in CG 125,s the length and the inclination angle has been the same.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List