228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Motorcycle Engine Oils

Aslam Alikum, Immediately seeing the title you may have said this oh not again again one more thread
    for engine oil but guys please bear this one too purpose of creating this thread is to share the range
    of motorcycle engine oils available in market and for this i want your valuable co-operation as i would
    share engine oils & their pics which obviously will show the specification but i have access to only few oils
    which i have used or which are available in my city
    i can't access all engine oils so that is why i request all of you if you have used an engine oil or you have pics of
    bottle you should share here & share your review about that particular oil
    Your sharing matters alot as i alone can't collect all info about engine oils available in market

As i just said in last line of first paragraph your co-operation is important in helping me out
    to collect info about engine oils available in market but also i need your help in Engine oils subject As i am not expert in Oils
    if we search on net this subject is too deep so want to know your info about these important terms in engine oils
    this thread will be useless if it does not have any details info about specification terms
    so kindly if you find some good info on net share here

*API
    *JASO
    *Viscosity
    *SAE Viscosity Numbers 10w40,20w40,20w50 or SAE40
    *Single Grade & Multi Grade
    *Mineral & Synthetic/Semi synthetic
    Etc notify if there are some other important terms

The Sole purpose of this thread is to collect info about engine oil available in market
    *Specifications/price & *Picture

^Sharing some basic info which i know as par my bike

API in simple word an company which gives certificates of quality to engine oil
    so always look for this API label oil but some manufactures recommends JASO
    But most motorcycle manufactures in pakistan as the big one
    AHl recommends to use engine Oil with API SG,SF,SE or higher grade
    you should look your bike manual for the details about your bike

Viscosity of oil is shown in the SAE numbers
    most oils nowadays available in market are multigrade
    first number which is followed by W (winter) shows the oil viscosity at low temp:
    lower this number thinner the oil be at lower temp:
    2nd number shows the viscosity of oil at high temp 100c: higher the number thicker the oil
    20w40 oil will remain less thick at 100c as compare to 20w50
    my bike manual says 20w40 is good all rounder for pakistani conditions
    but depending on the temp user can choose which oil suits engine more

Now Lets Start Sharing Some Engine Oil Brand Which I Know Or Remember

Shell

AX3 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pic on post #3)
    AX5 15w40 1.0lt (Pic on post #234)

Caltex

Havoline 20w40 0.7lt (#1986)
    Havoline 20w50 1.0lt
    Castrol

Go 20w40 0.7lt (Pics on #146)
    Active 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt ( Pics on #155)
    Gtx 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #357)

Atlas Honda

Atlas Engine Oils (Pics on #948, #1054)

Yamaha Lube

Yamalube 20w50 (#1727)

Servo

M2 30/40 0.7lt & 1.0lt
    M5 20w50 0.7lt & 1.0lt (Pics on #14)

Dyl Lube

Dyl Lube 20w50 0.7lt & 0.8lt & 1.0lt (Pic on #4)

Suzuki SGO Oil

Suzuki Genuine Oil 10w40 (Pic on #106)

Zic Lubricants -
    (Offers Online Purchase From Official Site)
    Zic M5 20w40
    Zic M7 10w40 (#1557)

PSO Oil

Pso Blaze 4t 20w50

Total Lube

Total HI-Perf 20w40 (#1233)
    Total Hi-Perf 10w40

Master Lubricants

Master Xtra 4t-MCO 20w40

Imported Engine Oils

Kixx (Korean)

Kixx Ultra 20w50 1.0lt (Pics on #154)
    Kixx Semi Synthetic 20w50 (#1406)

Liqui Moly (Germany)

Racing 4t 20w50 1.0lt (Pic on #11, 219. 302,
    )
    Racing Semi Synthetic 10w40 (#1244)

Repsol Moto 4t 20w50 (#1270)

Valvoline Champ 4t 20w50 (USA) (#1040)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    The reason I refer this oil is because this is really a 10W-40 grade oil unlike other brands available, where oil tends to get thin. I will be trying out 10W-40 version of LM next time so to compare LM vs Repsol.

And originally (also mentioned in the manual of CG-125 OHV) 10W-40 grade oil is recommended. Our problem is that we have no real 10W-40 graded oil.

"Engine/gearbox unit Good quality SAE10W/40 engine oil, API class SE or SF" >>> This is the extract from the manual. You can download the manual here (also shared by some fellow in other thread).

http://die-kleinkraftrad-ig.de/wisse...itungcg125.pdf
    In Manuals recommend oil for cg is 20w40 not 10w40
    speed + vibration= cg125

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bhatti007 View Post
    Ahl oil for cg 20w40
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    speed + vibration= cg125

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You mean the manual you get with your CG from AHL ?

Hmmm... it might be changed for our local machines.

From the link I saw this

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1515753

Quote Originally Posted by bhatti007 View Post

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You mean the manual you get with your CG from AHL ?

Hmmm... it might be changed for our local machines.

From the link I saw this

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1515753
    I don't know what manual say but I once tried 10-40w oil in my cg I don't know which oil was that I just asked my oil wala to poured some thinner oil I was expecting more peformance but the performance was as before and after pouring the oil there is some kat kat sound occurred in engine and now even with 20-40w sound remains the same the drain interval was 400km becoz of the irritating sound

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was going through to understand the technical properties/specs of the 4T engine oils, so thought why not to share with you all. The data has been collected from manufacturers official websites and purpose is learning and understanding only. If the properties are being assumed 'Correct' then I guess KIXX shall be the only choice.

motorcycle engine oils -1515829

Abbreviations:

1. The viscosity index is a measure of how much the oil's viscosity changes as temperature changes. A higher viscosity index indicates the viscosity changes less with temperature than a lower viscosity index.

Viscosity index is an arbitrary measure for the change of viscosity with variations in temperature. The lower the Viscosity Index, the greater the change of viscosity of the oil with temperature and vice versa. It is used to characterize viscosity changes with relation to temperature in lubricating oil.The viscosity of liquids decreases as temperature increases. The viscosity of a lubricant is closely related to its ability to reduce friction. Generally, the least viscous lubricant which still forces the two moving surfaces apart is desired. If the lubricant is too viscous, it will require a large amount of energy to move (as in honey); if it is too thin, the surfaces will come in contact and friction will increase.
    2. The flash point of a volatile material is the lowest temperature at which it can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air. Measuring a flash point requires an ignition source. At the flash point, the vapor may cease to burn when the source of ignition is removed.
    3. Kinematic viscosity is graded by measuring the time it takes for a standard amount of oil to flow through a standard orifice, at standard temperatures. The longer it takes, the higher the viscosity and thus higher SAE code.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Updated Havoline too.

I was going through to understand the technical properties/specs of the 4T engine oils, so thought why not to share with you all. The data has been collected from manufacturers official websites and purpose is learning and understanding only. If the properties are being assumed 'Correct' then I guess Havoline & KIXX shall be the choice.

Motorcycle Engine Oils -1516286

Abbreviations:

1. The viscosity index is a measure of how much the oil's viscosity changes as temperature changes. A higher viscosity index indicates the viscosity changes less with temperature than a lower viscosity index.

Viscosity index is an arbitrary measure for the change of viscosity with variations in temperature. The lower the Viscosity Index, the greater the change of viscosity of the oil with temperature and vice versa. It is used to characterize viscosity changes with relation to temperature in lubricating oil.The viscosity of liquids decreases as temperature increases. The viscosity of a lubricant is closely related to its ability to reduce friction. Generally, the least viscous lubricant which still forces the two moving surfaces apart is desired. If the lubricant is too viscous, it will require a large amount of energy to move (as in honey); if it is too thin, the surfaces will come in contact and friction will increase.
    2. The flash point of a volatile material is the lowest temperature at which it can vaporize to form an ignitable mixture in air. Measuring a flash point requires an ignition source. At the flash point, the vapor may cease to burn when the source of ignition is removed.
    3. Kinematic viscosity is graded by measuring the time it takes for a standard amount of oil to flow through a standard orifice, at standard temperatures. The longer it takes, the higher the viscosity and thus higher SAE code.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just a question
    when petrol high oils price go up.
    since 2months the petrol was down?
    What about oil prices? What's the reason to stable??
    Because its Pakistan???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, it is our sweet dream land
    prices are immediate up when petrol goes up but when it is down, "hamary aur kharche bhar gae hain"
    so price down ..
    even public transport fares are not down because vehicles are running on CNG ..

Quote Originally Posted by audi06 View Post
    Just a question
    when petrol high oils price go up.
    since 2months the petrol was down?
    What about oil prices? What's the reason to stable??
    Because its Pakistan???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PTI dharna day gee tu, may be petrol or electricity ki tar es k price kam ho

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    UPDATE (8th September 2014)

I had poured my previous bottle of LiquiMoly 4T 20W-50 Racing at 35811. I have changed this oil @ 37082 reading on Odo meter. In total, my bike has covered 1272 kilometers of distance.

At this point, i simply didn't want to take it any further because Engine scream was becoming too obvious (i did the right thing by changing the push rods to older model's, which are almost 3 times thick as compared to the current ones ... its also mentioned in my thread, here: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-5#post4396649 ... Tappet noise at 1272KM was like ... non existent. I mean, there was noise, but it was ignoreable.)

And that 'mildly pleasant' feeling was coming to and end, because Clutch also started to show the inevitable (cluth's "working" was decreased, but very slightly ... considering the distance covered i.e. 1272).

The oil's color was ... lets just say it wasn't a pretty sight :p Best way to put it ... "IT was GAARA" . So basically i had raped the oil as much as i could.

Second bottle of LiquiMoly 20W-50 Street is now poured. I'll post more.

A Point to Think About:

LiquiMoly:
    Costs = Rs.750 per Liter || My Distance Covered = 1272 kilometer
    The Per Kilometer Cost comes out at 0.589 Rupees.

Kixx Ultra 4T: (which is also a bloody brilliant oil, btw)
    Costs = Rs.460 per Liter || Optimal Distance it can Cover (giving optimal performance) = 800 kilometer
    The Per Kilometer Cost will come out at 0.575 Rupees.

Given the performance of LiquiMoly (especially in a CG125, where its raped to its max, and still manages to retain the best clutch performance ... I'd say the slightly extra cost Per Kilometer is worth it ... IF and ONLY IF ... you could stretch it to 1300 kilometers. Because @ 1000km (which would be the optimal changing point for any oil) ... the Per kilometer cost will be 0.75 Rupees, and that people ... is actually very high.

I'll post more, once i get done with this oil as well.
    UPDATE @ 22 December 2014

Just drained my 2nd Liquimoly, which i had poured back in (8th) September (Purchased, 27 August 2014 for Rs.750)

The 2nd bottle of LiquiMoly 4T 20W-50 Racing:
    Poured @ Odo Reading 37082 || Drained @ Odo Reading 38322 || Distance Covered, 1240 kilometers.

A Little Raam Katha
    Just yesterday (at Sunday), i have done a long high-speed tour to Kamoki (via GT Road), and at that time, the oil's condition was already demanding a drain I couldn't take a picture. But i decided to take it further, at least 100 kms more. That was the time for some real test (because at high speeds, engine oil is stressed the most).

SideNote: It was FREAKIN' COLD As much as i loved "going" there, on a (mostly) Clean Carpet Road, I "hated" it on my way back because of 1) Evening Dark 2) Traffic 3) Huge Traffic Blockage after Kala Shahkaku 4) F*cking Road was RUINED, due to which couldn't cross 40-50km/h almost ALL the time. :@ ALLAH ka shukar hay k sahi salamat ghar pohanch gaye hain.

Do note that oil suffered from much more abuse this time due to long distance high-speed travels + quite a few of dusty areas + a bit too much of enormous traffic crowd + freaking long traffic signals..

Anyway, last night, i drained it ... and, well like the first bottle, it wasn't a pretty sight
    - Color was too dark.
    - It was watery
    - A little Less in amount (well i blame the head/cylinder work; engine is still smoking often)

Hokay, so here are the pictures of the drained oil:
    Motorcycle Engine Oils - 1bdK01q
    -
    Motorcycle Engine Oils - EVqvqMW

------

SO, like i have stated HERE, I had opted to give LiquiMoly Another Try ... which means i did NOT buy it this time. Back to Kixx Ultra 4T. Well, this is the only way to check if LiquiMoly is REALLY worth it (for me).

Bought @ 20th December 2014 || From Filter House, Montgomery Road, Lahore || Cost Rs.480
    Motorcycle Engine Oils - GALbLEl
    -
    Motorcycle Engine Oils - NuMCedH

I doubt i am going to stress my engine now, like i have done with 2nd Bottle of Liquimoly, but i will sure enjoy this Test.

Will keep you guys updated.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    UPDATE @ 22 December 2014
    Just drained my 2nd Liquimoly, which i had poured back in (8th) September (Purchased, 27 August 2014 for Rs.750)
    The 2nd bottle of LiquiMoly 4T 20W-50 Racing:
    Poured @ Odo Reading 37082 || Drained @ Odo Reading 38322 || Distance Covered, 1240 kilometers.
    A Little Raam Katha
    Just yesterday (at Sunday), i have done a long high-speed tour to Kamoki (via GT Road), and at that time, the oil's condition was already demanding a drain I couldn't take a picture. But i decided to take it further, at least 100 kms more. That was the time for some real test (because at high speeds, engine oil is stressed the most).
    SideNote: It was FREAKIN' COLD As much as i loved "going" there, on a (mostly) Clean Carpet Road, I "hated" it on my way back because of 1) Evening Dark 2) Traffic 3) Huge Traffic Blockage after Kala Shahkaku 4) F*cking Road was RUINED, due to which couldn't cross 40-50km/h almost ALL the time. :@ ALLAH ka shukar hay k sahi salamat ghar pohanch gaye hain.
    Do note that oil suffered from much more abuse this time due to long distance high-speed travels + quite a few of dusty areas + a bit too much of enormous traffic crowd + freaking long traffic signals..
    Anyway, last night, i drained it ... and, well like the first bottle, it wasn't a pretty sight
    - Color was too dark.
    - It was watery
    - A little Less in amount (well i blame the head/cylinder work; engine is still smoking often)
    Hokay, so here are the pictures of the drained oil:
    SO, like i have stated HERE, I had opted to give LiquiMoly Another Try ... which means i did NOT buy it this time. Back to Kixx Ultra 4T. Well, this is the only way to check if LiquiMoly is REALLY worth it (for me).

Bought @ 20th December 2014 || From Filter House, Montgomery Road, Lahore || Cost Rs.480

I doubt i am going to stress my engine now, like i have done with 2nd Bottle of Liquimoly, but i will sure enjoy this Test.

Will keep you guys updated.
    And i dragged the LM to 2000 kms. The oil condition was like water.
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is your opnion about Cespa engine oil from Spain I am using Cespa 10-40 this month last was liqui moly 20-50.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am using Cepsa 10-40.
    What is your opion experts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It seems like the oil quality is not remained the same and we are observing this after the name change from Racing to Street. There is something fishy and not sure we are getting genuine product. I my self have switched to Repsol from LM, was not happy with clutch handling but happy with the oil life of LM. I would be trying LM 10W-40 grade on next oil change.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys what would happen if we blend Kixx 4T ultra with LM Street like 50/50
    Better clutch performance and reduction in cost 600/- PL

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    And i dragged the LM to 2000 kms. The oil condition was like water.
    Let me guess. Its a GS150 right? Because this is not possible in CG125
    It seems like the oil quality is not remained the same and we are observing this after the name change from Racing to Street. There is something fishy and not sure we are getting genuine product. I my self have switched to Repsol from LM, was not happy with clutch handling but happy with the oil life of LM. I would be trying LM 10W-40 grade on next oil change.
    Nah. I don't think there is any difference quality wise, now that I've used both Racing and Street. Seems like a brand name change only.

Personally, and honestly, I am deeply surprised by the clutch performance last night, on GT-Road. I remember Havoline giving up on me, on my way to Mananwala (before Shahkot). I was also stuck in a traffic jam on GT Road for like half hour, and I swear the clutch performance kept my motivation up. Keeping in view the already worse condition of oil (as mentioned before) it faired surprisingly well. But I think Winter is also an added factor in better performance.

Anyway, except for the price, its very good.

Quote Originally Posted by qasimjamil View Post
    Guys what would happen if we blend Kixx 4T ultra with LM Street like 50/50
    Better clutch performance and reduction in cost 600/- PL
    It'll do the job, but there is no "gain" in doing so.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am using havoline since day one. now the bike has done around 26k kms and engine condition is very good. i have heard alot of good reviews about shell ax5? can i switch to it as it is 15w-40 and havoline is 20w50? how is the performance of ax5 for gs 150?
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jadoon1992_vxlimited View Post
    i am using havoline since day one. now the bike has done around 26k kms and engine condition is very good. i have heard alot of good reviews about shell ax5? can i switch to it as it is 15w-40 and havoline is 20w50? how is the performance of ax5 for gs 150?
    I have heard positive reviews on shell ax5 and those also from GS users
    you can try it if you wish to change and its good time as its winter

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've used AX5 many times in my GS. Its good go for it.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    I have heard positive reviews on shell ax5 and those also from GS users
    you can try it if you wish to change and its good time as its winter

Quote Originally Posted by Haji__John View Post
    I've used AX5 many times in my GS. Its good go for it.
    i am a bit confused k engine performance tou down nhe hojae gi after using it?
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

User Tag List