22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2014 Ducati 1199 Superleggera - Most Expensive Production Bike

THE new Ducati 1199 Superleggera (don?t call it a Panigale?) nearly missed out on this list; only 500 are being made and they?re being offered to existing owners of Desmosedici RRs and earlier R model Ducati superbikes. But since most people who are likely to be interested in such a machine probably meet those criteria, and any unsold Superleggeras will be offered on general sale, it just squeezes in as a bike that ?anyone? could buy. Of course, that ?anyone? needs access to ?54k, or the equivalent of two-and-a-bit Panigale Rs. Yes, the Superleggera is sure to be awesome, but over here the general consensus is that our imaginary money would be more likely to go in the direction of a lightly used Desmosedici RR. Who cares if it?s slower, that MotoGP-derived styling and V4 engine wins us over. For real buyers, though, that?s unlikely to be an issue. They?ll have both.

Retail Price -
    GBP54,000/$ 91,000/PKR 90 lacs

2014 Ducati 1199 Superleggera  Most Expensive Production Bike -1407193

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 - 200k~300k
    2 - Costly (in some cases very costly)
    3 - Rare very rare only one Shop (bashir) and one in lahore (Hajji) are known to have some used and few new parts with whoopin price nothing else.
    4 - In city - NO very painful specially if you get stucked in traffic JAM, remember its a mighty engine and produces almost same HP as cultus and has to rely on air cooling but if stucked in traffic with June's SUN o head its gona get extremely hot and and start to stall.

If used on highways for what it is made for then sure is a happy enjoyable ride.

Quote Originally Posted by SyedMoazzam View Post
    @vickytulla i want to ask some questions regarding GS500:
    -How much cost for an excellent piece
    -Maintenence; is it cheap or costly
    -Availibility of parts like air, fuel and oil filters and other body and engine parts
    -Is it an enjoyable ride

Regards
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think one should get a used Ravi piaggio and spend some bucks on modifying it extremely(clip bars,mono shock,alloys etc etc then just write ducati on tank&tapas and here u go ,just u have to realize urself that u r sitting on a ducati and u dont like high speeds............(.thorey peson me ziada maza)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noblerider View Post
    i think one should get a used Ravi piaggio and spend some bucks on modifying it extremely(clip bars,mono shock,alloys etc etc then just write ducati on tank&tapas and here u go ,just u have to realize urself that u r sitting on a ducati and u dont like high speeds............(.thorey peson me ziada maza)
    Hahaha Ravi Ducati Storm evo
    Wonder how much head turns it would stir up

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    1 - 200k~300k
    3 - Rare very rare only one Shop (bashir) and one in lahore (Hajji) are known to have some used and few new parts with whoopin price nothing else.
    4 - In city - NO very painful specially if you get stucked in traffic JAM, remember its a mighty engine and produces almost same HP as cultus and has to rely on air cooling but if stucked in traffic with June's SUN o head its gona get extremely hot and and start to stall.

If used on highways for what it is made for then sure is a happy enjoyable ride.
    Well its a no go for me then

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it would only get head turns but due to that much alteration it will have 0 performance.

Hahaha Ravi Ducati Storm evo
    Wonder how much head turns it would stir up
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it would only get head turns but due to that much alteration it will have 0 performance.
    No Vicky bhai after that He can put a 200cc chinese engine worth Rs.25000 to 30000 in that bike like u and i think i would be fine, atleast much faster than all GS's.CG's and RP's on road................
    m also anxiously waiting for ur RP reborn with 200cc engine.when will u launch that beast???????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can smell the sarcasm inside ... ahha ha ha ha ha ha but I am used to it ....

there are few fanatics who go that far brother .. ask your self would you ever bother ? no off-course its ridiculous!! buy a sport bike why take that much pain no ?!

people like me always ride some thing which is no way in reach of any body (and yes I mean it)... some thing which money cant buy .... you think you or any other can get a 250cc brand new (even Chinese) in just 30K ..... Nah! thats thing is not available even at 80k you can reconcile that from any importer. , that was the main reason I was openly offering the other Pwheeler to get in contact whom ever want a new engine at that time... lekin sach tu ye hai sab batain bari kerty hain bari bari alteration ki kerta kio kio hai ha ha ha

the other cruiser which is in haitious is I am sure is only the single in world which has been modified to this craziest level and once its on road its going to be one and only one.. and thats vickys RoadMaster! which just got evoluted!

In my small experience on PW I know few guys including hidalgo(YB Butcher), FC(70 Alter), yasir(cb350 Cafe') and junaid bhai who are much more far ahead in DIY project.... I am a newbie infront of these guys.. frankly! I doubt I may c some more crazy biker soon ... including a doctor and an engineer

My RP is parked and engine is placed just beside it, right now I am busy with FIFA worldcups' new software.. which is just about to start next month so I think I would not have time to actually put the new powerplant into it atleast a month

No Vicky bhai after that He can put a 200cc chinese engine worth Rs.25000 to 30000 in that bike like u and i think i would be fine, atleast much faster than all GS's.CG's and RP's on road................
    m also anxiously waiting for ur RP reborn with 200cc engine.when will u launch that beast???????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 - 200k~300k

This engine is liquid-cooled, not air-cooled:

Engine: Liquid-cooled 1198cc L-Twin; 8-valves
    Bore and Stroke: 112.0 x 60.8mm
    Compression Ratio: 13.2:1
    Fuel Delivery: Mitsubishi electronic fuel-injection
    Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate with hydraulic control
    Transmission: Six-speed; chain final drive
    Final Drive: Chain 15/41
    Frame: Monocoque magnesium
    Front Suspension: Ohlins FL916 43mm with TiN inverted fork; 3-way adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 4.72 in. travel
    Rear Suspension: Ohlins TTX36 unit with titanium spring; 3-way adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 5.12 in. travel
    Front Brakes: 330mm discs with radial-mount Brembo four-piston M50 monobloc calipers with 19-21 MCS master cylinder. Bosch 9ME ABS
    Rear Brake: 245mm disc with twin-piston caliper
    Dry Weight: 341.7 lbs.
    Curb Weight: 390.2 lbs.
    Seat Height: 32.48 in.
    Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
    MSRP: TBD
    Colors: Ducati Corse Red
    Warranty: Two years unlimited mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I can smell the sarcasm inside ... ahha ha ha ha ha ha but I am used to it ....

there are few fanatics who go that far brother .. ask your self would you ever bother ? no off-course its ridiculous!! buy a sport bike why take that much pain no ?!

people like me always ride some thing which is no way in reach of any body (and yes I mean it)... some thing which money cant buy .... you think you or any other can get a 250cc brand new (even Chinese) in just 30K ..... Nah! thats thing is not available even at 80k you can reconcile that from any importer. , that was the main reason I was openly offering the other Pwheeler to get in contact whom ever want a new engine at that time... lekin sach tu ye hai sab batain bari kerty hain bari bari alteration ki kerta kio kio hai ha ha ha

the other cruiser which is in haitious is I am sure is only the single in world which has been modified to this craziest level and once its on road its going to be one and only one.. and thats vickys RoadMaster! which just got evoluted!

In my small experience on PW I know few guys including hidalgo(YB Butcher), FC(70 Alter), yasir(cb350 Cafe') and junaid bhai who are much more far ahead in DIY project.... I am a newbie infront of these guys.. frankly! I doubt I may c some more crazy biker soon ... including a doctor and an engineer

My RP is parked and engine is placed just beside it, right now I am busy with FIFA worldcups' new software.. which is just about to start next month so I think I would not have time to actually put the new powerplant into it atleast a month
    No sarcasm at all vicky bhai beleive me i m on my ROZEE DA ADDA(office) and not telling lie.if it would b a sarcasm, i would not have used the words"LIKE YOU"i quoted u regarding that engine,not bike as ur RP is modified in a decent manner and buddy! i m a big fan of u, ur knowledge, riding, technical experience and most of all, ur humble attitude.may ALLAH (SWT) bless u more.
    and 2nd thing: i will wait for that time when ur power plant will actualy show power.it should clock 130+ accurate........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    This engine is liquid-cooled, not air-cooled:

Engine: Liquid-cooled 1198cc L-Twin; 8-valves
    Bore and Stroke: 112.0 x 60.8mm
    Compression Ratio: 13.2:1
    Fuel Delivery: Mitsubishi electronic fuel-injection
    Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate with hydraulic control
    Transmission: Six-speed; chain final drive
    Final Drive: Chain 15/41
    Frame: Monocoque magnesium
    Front Suspension: Ohlins FL916 43mm with TiN inverted fork; 3-way adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 4.72 in. travel
    Rear Suspension: Ohlins TTX36 unit with titanium spring; 3-way adjustable for preload, compression and rebound; 5.12 in. travel
    Front Brakes: 330mm discs with radial-mount Brembo four-piston M50 monobloc calipers with 19-21 MCS master cylinder. Bosch 9ME ABS
    Rear Brake: 245mm disc with twin-piston caliper
    Dry Weight: 341.7 lbs.
    Curb Weight: 390.2 lbs.
    Seat Height: 32.48 in.
    Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
    MSRP: TBD
    Colors: Ducati Corse Red
    Warranty: Two years unlimited mileage
    Aray @VCheng bhai we were discussing about Suzuki GS500 not Ducati Pinagale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aray @VCheng bhai we were discussing about Suzuki GS500 not Ducati Pinagale
    Exactly. Why is this thread going off-topic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Exactly. Why is this thread going off-topic?
    because no one is interested in this ducati pandogail simple

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    Then may be this thread should be closed?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you brothre... 4 sch kind words.... ^_^

No sarcasm at all vicky bhai beleive me i m on my ROZEE DA ADDA(office) and not telling lie.if it would b a sarcasm, i would not have used the words"LIKE YOU"i quoted u regarding that engine,not bike as ur RP is modified in a decent manner and buddy! i m a big fan of u, ur knowledge, riding, technical experience and most of all, ur humble attitude.may ALLAH (SWT) bless u more.
    and 2nd thing: i will wait for that time when ur power plant will actualy show power.it should clock 130+ accurate........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    I'm interested ..?
    Pakistan.. Toyota hilux..golf mk2 gtd..rolla 2.0d..nissian sunny.. Yamaha pw 50.. Coventry uk....audi v8 d11..golf mk2 rallye..honda crx..evo 8..golf mk2 gtd..Vauxhall insignia..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List