Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By mahrumer
  • 4 Post By mahrumer
  • 1 Post By fawadbaig

Thread: Need help with GS150 (2013) scratches

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Need help with GS150 (2013) scratches

    AoA Friends,

    I need some help with the Suzuki Bike bad scratches. Is there anything that can be done ?

    I tried searching Suzuki dealers shop numbers via google but it seems most of the numbers are no longer valid (like azeem motors, ali autos, shaheen autos, etc) ...

    If nothing can be done then can I purchase tanki and side covers from Islamabad/Rawalpindi?

    Any idea where can I get damaged stuff fixed or replaced in twin cities ?

    Thanks.

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1433156167911.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  165.1 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1433156201961.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  162.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1433156501313.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  307.7 KB

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    scarfase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother, please dont get worried for material items, its usage wear and tear so chill no need to change it.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for prompt reply @scarfase :-)
    Actually its not that bothersome. However, if tanki and side cover can be fixed or replaced under 10K or so, I'm up for it.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What exactly happened? How did your bike get these scratches?
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Actually bike was parked safely on the side stand (leaned towards left side) in pindi (on the right side road of committee chowk) where traffic police guys usually stand. I was stopped by police for absolutely no reason. Meanwhile, a mini truck full of wooden portable stairs and metal rods came (I forgot to mention that van's content was way outside of its boundary, I guess, at least 30% of wooden stairs and metal rods were out side of van) and took the U turn from right lane to left lane and its content scratched the bike. Its a good thing that bike didn't fell. That mini van belongs to metro project contractors and driver said, if you want, you can put up a legal case. But if you do, I'll lost my job so I forgive him as I can bear this loss.

    Front Mudguard wasn't damaged in this scenario. It was just tanki and side cover.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I just updated my original message with additional details.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    scarfase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahrumer View Post
    Thanks for prompt reply @scarfase :-)
    Actually its not that bothersome. However, if tanki and side cover can be fixed or replaced under 10K or so, I'm up for it.
    i would advise not to waste your money on such minute issue yar, just ignore it, dont look at it!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abobobilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @mahrumer ! Well you forgave him; this act need 'Cojones'. Well Done.

    It looks like only the sticker is scratched badly, and the paint is more or less fine (except from the bottom where sticker ends on the tank).

    If you want, you can get a paint job, or use a Wax to Hide these. But i am not sure if you can find the Stickers for Tank separately. If you can then you don't have to worry about.

    Alternatively, you can get after market Tank from the market and install those. It'll be much cheaper than buying brand new/original parts from Suzuki.

    But honestly, i don't think you should worry about it that much.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scarfase View Post
    i would advise not to waste your money on such minute issue yar, just ignore it, dont look at it!
    Well, its going to be my last resort. By the way, these scratches gets hidden while riding the bike. and if you look at like while standing beside the bike, no one can judge if there is any scratch.

    However, I'll still try to get something done for it, starting from Wax as @abobobilly suggested.

    I'll keep this thread updated with a few updates this week

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    @mahrumer ! Well you forgave him; this act need 'Cojones'. Well Done.

    It looks like only the sticker is scratched badly, and the paint is more or less fine (except from the bottom where sticker ends on the tank).

    If you want, you can get a paint job, or use a Wax to Hide these. But i am not sure if you can find the Stickers for Tank separately. If you can then you don't have to worry about.

    Alternatively, you can get after market Tank from the market and install those. It'll be much cheaper than buying brand new/original parts from Suzuki.

    But honestly, i don't think you should worry about it that much.
    @abobobilly,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder why this didn't this came to my mind, the wax ...

    I m also not sure if a standalone sticker can be purchased, specially from Islamabad/Rawalpindi but I certainly look for it and/or paint job.

    Thanks for the input

    As far as forgiveness is concern, I was forgiven once and even after 8 years, I still pray for that good man whose 'applied for' civic got scratched by my stupidity back in uni-days and he forgave me with big smile. May be I'll be able to win some prayers of that driver too, certain things are priceless, specially the peaceful sleep.

    Now coming back to topic, I'll be going pindi tomorrow morning and will post the results here of my findings based on your valued suggestions

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,259
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mahrumer View Post
    @abobobilly,

    Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder why this didn't this came to my mind, the wax ...

    I m also not sure if a standalone sticker can be purchased, specially from Islamabad/Rawalpindi but I certainly look for it and/or paint job.

    Thanks for the input

    As far as forgiveness is concern, I was forgiven once and even after 8 years, I still pray for that good man whose 'applied for' civic got scratched by my stupidity back in uni-days and he forgave me with big smile. May be I'll be able to win some prayers of that driver too, certain things are priceless, specially the peaceful sleep.

    Now coming back to topic, I'll be going pindi tomorrow morning and will post the results here of my findings based on your valued suggestions
    Thanks My dear

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today, I visited pindi to Babar Autos, reached at 10:15 am but the Babar and Gafoor both came at 12pm, i was frustrated but their welcoming attitude cool me down pretty well and their work hold to their good reputation.

    After tune up, I inquired about spare parts and to my surprise, each and everything was available.

    Tanki: Rs. 6400
    2 Side covers: 1150
    Front mudguard: 1100
    Rare mudguard: 800

    However, they suggested either to cover up logo with mono black colored sticker (which was available at Waris Khan Road) and get the rest of the tank a paint job.

    I wasn't convinced for either options.
    Upon sharing my views, they suggested to get it waxed and polished and it won't look bad.

    Now I am thinking of changing the bike color to black color if I'll go for original parts replacements.

    Now, I'm confused again to what to do ... Or just go for all parts replacement with 10K (including labor)

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    fawadbaig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If money is not an issue then do what your heart says. At least you will be satisfied with your own decision.

    By the way, try to get a good compound polish job from a good car painter.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks Fawad for your kind reply
    Money is absolutely no issue, I'm only concerned if so called genuine parts aren't indeed genuine. That'll be the double loss. I got the bike washed today and get it polished.
    I'm attaching pics now

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    fawadbaig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You can surely get the genuine parts from any local suzuki dealer. Try central motors or rawalpindi motors or azim motors....

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    mahrumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fawadbaig View Post
    You can surely get the genuine parts from any local suzuki dealer. Try central motors or rawalpindi motors or azim motors....
    Thanks for the pointers
    I previously tried babar autos and posted their rates as well, I'll definitely going to pay mentioned dealers a visit today. That way, I'll be able to compare parts quality, specially fuel tank and side covers.

    Meanwhile, I'll get the bike polished again this afternoon and update the results here as well.

    I'm sorry that forum mobile app's image upload isn't working right now so can't upload pics, gonna do that in afternoon using laptop.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •