Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rockk
  • 2 Post By archon2001

Thread: Price of Roadmaster 185

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default Price of Roadmaster 185

    Guys id like to buy a roadmaster for a restoration project..

    How much should a typical roadmaster 185 cost with good cosmetic condition but dead engine..

    Sent from my DROID RAZR M using PW Forums mobile app


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.omersharif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rxlover View Post
    Guys id like to buy a roadmaster for a restoration project..

    How much should a typical roadmaster 185 cost with good cosmetic condition but dead engine..

    Sent from my DROID RAZR M using PW Forums mobile app
    If bike is driveable around Rs 40,000 . In dead condition the bike is scrap and is worth Rs 10 per kg.

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Around 30 to 40k , if all body parts are present and in reasonable condition.

    Used engine/engine parts are available but at high cost and mostly with kabaria, so their part and their price take it or leave it situation.
    Better buy good running condition bike and work on it.



    Sent from my Nexus 6 using PW Forums mobile app
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.omersharif View Post
    If bike is driveable around Rs 40,000 . In dead condition the bike is scrap and is worth Rs 10 per kg.

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app
    Do you mean rs 10 per kg or 100 per kg??

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.omersharif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rxlover View Post
    Do you mean rs 10 per kg or 100 per kg??

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    I mean if bike is dead you can negotiate the price.

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.omersharif View Post
    I mean if bike is dead you can negotiate the price.

    Sent from my SM-J700H using PW Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    Around 30 to 40k , if all body parts are present and in reasonable condition.

    Used engine/engine parts are available but at high cost and mostly with kabaria, so their part and their price take it or leave it situation.
    Better buy good running condition bike and work on it.



    Sent from my Nexus 6 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thanks guys for the quick replies..

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    rashid6156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I recently restored a bike, so i would suggest go for a bike in running condition and try to get a complete bike as these days finding parts of these bike is a tough job and once you find them you have to pay a hell lot of money.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rockk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    3,443
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rashid6156 View Post
    I recently restored a bike, so i would suggest go for a bike in running condition and try to get a complete bike as these days finding parts of these bike is a tough job and once you find them you have to pay a hell lot of money.
    Yes ... i have restored many cd200 and believe me parts r way costly and.hardrst to find...
    Also dead bikes r also rare to.find.now.. as people know the worth of these bikess.now...
    I own a cm250 swapped engine bike...if ur interested can inbox me

    Sent from my SM-N910C using PW Forums mobile app
    Loaded with SQ setup

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Correct me if im wrong but the engine of both 200 and 185 are the same except for the pistons..

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rashid6156 View Post
    I recently restored a bike, so i would suggest go for a bike in running condition and try to get a complete bike as these days finding parts of these bike is a tough job and once you find them you have to pay a hell lot of money.
    So if i go for a dead bike it should be priced between 20 to 30 k??
    Quote Originally Posted by rockk View Post
    Yes ... i have restored many cd200 and believe me parts r way costly and.hardrst to find...
    Also dead bikes r also rare to.find.now.. as people know the worth of these bikess.now...
    I own a cm250 swapped engine bike...if ur interested can inbox me

    Sent from my SM-N910C using PW Forums mobile app

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Also, do i have an advantage of availability of spare parts, living in Karachi.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rxlover View Post
    Also, do i have an advantage of availability of spare parts, living in Karachi.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    if u have never kept road master my suggestion to u is walk away from her, u have no idea what troubles u will get into once u put yr hand in restoring her.

    spares u will get but at crazy insane price even used ones, karimi autos got some parts but he is crazy , let me give u a example i was looking for road master handle , decade back i bought one original for 500 rupees, now he is selling for 6k just a bloody handle so u can imagine where this will lead u. and even after spending 100k on this bike its not a normal market bike so u would not be able to recover the spend money as it wont sell on yr price and u will end up in gr8 loss. only road master keepers know its value and they are now 1 in million.

    and how i know this all, as i own one for last 18 years and i know every damm spare part seller /kabaria in karachi who deals in 200s.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    if u have never kept road master my suggestion to u is walk away from her, u have no idea what troubles u will get into once u put yr hand in restoring her.

    spares u will get but at crazy insane price even used ones, karimi autos got some parts but he is crazy , let me give u a example i was looking for road master handle , decade back i bought one original for 500 rupees, now he is selling for 6k just a bloody handle so u can imagine where this will lead u. and even after spending 100k on this bike its not a normal market bike so u would not be able to recover the spend money as it wont sell on yr price and u will end up in gr8 loss. only road master keepers know its value and they are now 1 in million.

    and how i know this all, as i own one for last 18 years and i know every damm spare part seller /kabaria who deals in 200s.
    But i wanna be a roadmaster keeper guy

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rxlover View Post
    But i wanna be a roadmaster keeper guy

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    then bol to u, buy one and when need help ask here many of us will guide u.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    rxlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •