Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 125 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2484
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions

    AOA
    i have owned mehran for 7 years almost and most of the stuff has gone wrong so if some one has an issue with mehran he can ask me here i will be glad to help a mehran brother to put him out of this misery as mehran is a car that can make u go mad and pull ur hair a part KIDDING
    so some one has problem post it here i will do my best to come up with a solution
    Problem no 1: Starting in winters is a hell if ur getting late dhicka will do the trick but u need to check few things Park the car in night on petrol,Open the Self as mechs call it SULF and check barrings in it they are copper barrings and if needed so replace them else ask the electrification to clean the self,and reinstall it
    then check the battery DON'T add water over the High level mark as in winters problems is that Engine OIl freezes or gets thick and it needs extra kick from the battery
    other things related are clean the plugs and change the plug wires possible to 8mm ones and clean or replace the Point which comes in Distributor
    also check the
    +ve wire of the self is Tight to battery as most of the time its a small thing which makes u go mad

    PRoblem no 2
    :
    Axel and CV joints so CV joints are too weak in mehran and 3 years of rough driving can kill them and when replacing CV joints never go for a kabuli AXEL as they tend to be repaired most of them use Chinese ones they work good and tell the Kharaiya to never temper with the length of the Axel in fitting of the Cv joints the length should be as OEM specs
    and if the Straight joint is worn out replace it with Cross and the Cross kupa but be careful for length and the kuppa pick the kuppa which has the smoothest end which goes in to the Gearbox as it can damage Axel seals in gear box
    always use the Original Rod of ur car as its build for ur car a mechanic will suggest u to replace whole AXEL with Kabuli but its from an older model besides most of them are repaired
    Issue in top speed and pick
    when i first got the chance to Floor mehran on M1 with iridium plugs and 8mm wires bought from Shoba i was really Disappointed with results car was hitting 110km/h MAX on petrol i was so mad but in this i noticed a few things which were wrong in my car
    1 Cv joint of right axel
    2 Cylinder Packing it made dar dar sound like old taxies after 80Km/h mark
    3 and wires from shoba had no life in them they were used and abuses
    so excpet for CV joint i changed wires to new 8mm which are cheaper then shoba wali Kabuli wires and Cylinder Packing plus whole exhaust had wholes so repaired it all got her tuned from ENERCON center and after a few days i hit the M1 again plus similar iridiums were in it and this time results were amazing mehran ha 165/70/12 tires and speedo was showing 130 so u can guess what it was in real speed as big tires cause speedo to give an error 100 in speedo = 112.2 Km/h in real

    Ignition Coil replacement


    as most of mehrans have OIL ignition coil which Comes FF and it sucks it has a limited life and mechs do make a mistake when coil dies they assume that head gasket is gone and which leads to other problems.replace coil with magnetic coil which Alto and Cultus use its way better and gives an edge in starting costs were low when i did this 600 for the coil brand new but now i herd its for 1500 or something comes in a triangle box.

    Front Guarder o
    r GADRI

    as time passes Front Guarder or GADRI become rusted and weak which causes problems for mountings of the front jumping rod a new Front Guarder or GADRI is about 1000 and 4 bolts hold it in place on a non accidented car its not a big job Front bumper needs to be opened and jumping rod and 4 bolts and its the reverse process while fitting but a car which had some accident then its a job in which a denter makes some $$$$ but there is always a way around intall gaudri and all stuff and see if there is some difference on alingment of bolts of front engine mounts cut a whole with welding torch in the engine mounting plate and its easy and also make adjustments to the jumping rod u can make tires placement in the wheels where they will fit but go for some good dentor so frame can be pulled out will cost more but its the right way
    installation of Foam in Doors to reduce sounds
    its a simple task install some pieces of foam behind the lock wires and door handle wires inside the door
    open the inner door covers first take the hadle out its held with 2 screws then take the cover of handle out held with single screw then the window winder take it out but it requires a trick rool it to a point u can see the joint end of the pit take it out with a screw driver and window winder will be free
    then take the cover our its held with clips but don't put much pressure on them they can break after its out check all bolts and screws inside the doors if they are loose tight them and hit the door with ur fist so u can hear sounds now with other hand start detecting what wire is loose cut some foam and put it between the door and line
    by this u can reduce 90% of sounds in mehran
    Tire and rim size
    now we see many Kewl boys put 15s on a mehran but this little car never needs huge wheels
    best size for mehroo is 145/70/12 and 155/70/12 no other these two are best sizes


    Mehran Experience Tips and suggestions -414980

    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  2. #1101
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,083
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    check inputs coming to speedo meter
    most of time it was rear grip fault
    check a kabuli unit
    as new ones are not that good
    Inputs are fine as if I ground it then needle rises.. looks like have to get a kabuli on... thanks

  3. #1102
    PakWheeler Follow
    owaisamc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can we switch over from one to another engine oil, if yes,what precautions do we need to Keep in minds

  4. #1103
    PakWheeler Follow
    em_omair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir jee, humain bhee kuch tips day dain.
    "aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines"

  5. #1104
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owaisamc View Post
    Can we switch over from one to another engine oil, if yes,what precautions do we need to Keep in minds
    The Oil Grade and viscosity should be same being a genuine oil it would never harm engine. If using 10W-40 continue dont shift to 20W-50. Mechanics will say gari dhua mar jae gi and stuff. Its their daily routine stuff

  6. #1105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by owaisamc View Post
    Can we switch over from one to another engine oil, if yes,what precautions do we need to Keep in minds
    no problem with brand main thing is viscosity
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  7. #1106
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by em_omair View Post
    Sir jee, humain bhee kuch tips day dain.
    sir tips to hamen aap se mangnei chayein waisy aaj itny arsy k bad PW mein kaisy aur bhai G next week se again mulaqat honi hai hamarai inshALLAH
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  8. #1107
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gujar96 View Post
    The Oil Grade and viscosity should be same being a genuine oil it would never harm engine. If using 10W-40 continue dont shift to 20W-50. Mechanics will say gari dhua mar jae gi and stuff. Its their daily routine stuff
    i agree
    there was a guy with 30k driven alto and he was using
    20w 50 shell
    and he said gari 100 cng and 110 on petrol is se upar nahi jati bla bla bla
    damn now switched to 10 40
    first time car consumed little oil as its thin
    then on 2nd change it was fine
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  9. #1108
    PakWheeler Follow
    em_omair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    sir tips to hamen aap se mangnei chayein waisy aaj itny arsy k bad PW mein kaisy aur bhai G next week se again mulaqat honi hai hamarai inshALLAH
    Haha! InshaAllah. Lost every pound i gained so will be back on 8th March. InshaAllah.
    Regarding pw, i have been using it but really never contributed much bro. Just a silent member.
    "aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines"

  10. 26-02-2014, 02:18 AM

    Site Banned

    Reason
    irreverent posts

  11. #1109
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    i agree
    there was a guy with 30k driven alto and he was using
    20w 50 shell
    and he said gari 100 cng and 110 on petrol is se upar nahi jati bla bla bla
    damn now switched to 10 40
    first time car consumed little oil as its thin
    then on 2nd change it was fine
    Actually people ask from mechanics which is best oil they say havoline dal lein sahe gara tail hai? o.O i've seen people using that bad havoline 20W-50 in their brand new civic and camry too. Mechanics think that which oil is thick is best as it provides the best value for money? They say itney paisu me sahe mota tail hai this is roadside mechanic guys. If you ask a old mechanic about gear oil they will say jitna purana hoga utna acha hoga. lol 10W-40 is balanced oil all season. If oil is changed at 3000-4000km with OEM filters then car stays strong for atleast 120-140k kms provided you do regular maintenance. We should never consult mechanics as they know nothing they only do what are some old myths. They rev dead cold engine this is the most lame part. Then they say coolant na dalein usmey tezab hota hai radiator ko leak karta hai. Actually 20W-50 viscosity is usfull when engine has crossed 200k kms mark as after this mileage engine at least looses its 40-50% compression so thick oil does the job well. And diesels can bear thick oil if provided from start. A gasoline engine ain't that tough. Diesel has very strong internals. In US and Canada i've seen people using 0W-40 and 5W-30 in their 20-25 yrs old merc and bmw so why not a 6-10 yr old car with less then 200k kms can use 10W-40 after it 20W-50 is good as winters in Pakistan last only for 2-2.5 months else it is moderate or hot weather.

  12. #1110
    PakWheeler Follow
    noorasim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My friend have bought up model mehran. its 1st 2nd and reverse gear are very hard. mechanics says that its driver opposite side foundation is weak and it needs to be replaced. once replaced it will be very fine. It also make lot of noise as if it is old model taxi. The physical condition of car is very fine and it appears that it is very carefully and less driven. Millage shown is 40000. How to resolve the problem. kindly guide me.

  13. #1111
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    well i used same tired on mehran and these have worst grip in rain i know that and 165 is high end u will face some front suspension issues because of this size
    So I must change the tyres to stock size with general or other brand with same alloys?? What you recommend.

  14. #1112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gujar96 View Post
    Actually people ask from mechanics which is best oil they say havoline dal lein sahe gara tail hai? o.O i've seen people using that bad havoline 20W-50 in their brand new civic and camry too. Mechanics think that which oil is thick is best as it provides the best value for money? They say itney paisu me sahe mota tail hai this is roadside mechanic guys. If you ask a old mechanic about gear oil they will say jitna purana hoga utna acha hoga. lol 10W-40 is balanced oil all season. If oil is changed at 3000-4000km with OEM filters then car stays strong for atleast 120-140k kms provided you do regular maintenance. We should never consult mechanics as they know nothing they only do what are some old myths. They rev dead cold engine this is the most lame part. Then they say coolant na dalein usmey tezab hota hai radiator ko leak karta hai. Actually 20W-50 viscosity is usfull when engine has crossed 200k kms mark as after this mileage engine at least looses its 40-50% compression so thick oil does the job well. And diesels can bear thick oil if provided from start. A gasoline engine ain't that tough. Diesel has very strong internals. In US and Canada i've seen people using 0W-40 and 5W-30 in their 20-25 yrs old merc and bmw so why not a 6-10 yr old car with less then 200k kms can use 10W-40 after it 20W-50 is good as winters in Pakistan last only for 2-2.5 months else it is moderate or hot weather.
    i agree with every word u wrote we had build a mehran from ground up it was with my bro 89 model and we changed most of the engine new head new assembly new pistons new crank and it is on petrol cng never installed when we took it for an oil change and there comes a mech he says shell or zic hi flow now engine is technically new so we stuck to 10 40 zic
    and well most oils in pakistnai weather last up to 3000 to 4000kms
    and now im using 5w 20 A+ in my alto and first time mechanic told me its too thin it will ruin engine and u must switch to 20 50 but they lack basic knowledge i seen people using sharlu oils in brand new Glis
    like 16 lac ki gari to le li but oil k lye 3000rs nahi hain man even LM is around 2800 for 4 liters
    Diesels are more reliable enignes made form stronger steel like i seen merc wagon clocking 500k kms on original diesel engine not overhauled
    and there is also a myth for mehrans that engine life is around 100k and how mechs treat mehrans using oils and desi totkay mehrans hardly clock 50k and then bhai g rings khatam hain valve seleals
    direct fan and what not
    and there is another car which i see 06 mehran clocking 150k on original engine using 10W 40 .
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  15. #1113
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    So I must change the tyres to stock size with general or other brand with same alloys?? What you recommend.
    155 70 12 hankook tires
    best for mehran/alto
    khiar hai abhi chalen but these dunlops are real pain in the neck in grip also they are hard they ruin suspension very quickly
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  16. #1114
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noorasim View Post
    My friend have bought up model mehran. its 1st 2nd and reverse gear are very hard. mechanics says that its driver opposite side foundation is weak and it needs to be replaced. once replaced it will be very fine. It also make lot of noise as if it is old model taxi. The physical condition of car is very fine and it appears that it is very carefully and less driven. Millage shown is 40000. How to resolve the problem. kindly guide me.
    gear problem can be caused by
    1) worn out gear kit
    2) Clutch cable issue
    3) clutch and pressure plate
    its not the foundation
    main thing is that front suspension has rubber bushings replace them as well
    and which mechs call hisssa!
    sir check it from other mechanic
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  17. #1115
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by em_omair View Post
    Haha! InshaAllah. Lost every pound i gained so will be back on 8th March. InshaAllah.
    Regarding pw, i have been using it but really never contributed much bro. Just a silent member.
    lol bhai i gained a lot mujh se exchange kar le lol
    yara inshALLAH march is target
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  18. #1116
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    155 70 12 hankook tires
    best for mehran/alto
    khiar hai abhi chalen but these dunlops are real pain in the neck in grip also they are hard they ruin suspension very quickly
    I can change front tyres only to 155/70/12 ??

  19. #1117
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    I can change front tyres only to 155/70/12 ??
    well its better to have all 4 corners at same level
    im sure with 165 tires turning circle is lessened
    as thats what i experienced
    how much u driven them
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  20. #1118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    harib4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,436
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walls View Post
    I can change front tyres only to 155/70/12 ??
    155/70/12 make your car mileage poor, better to use 145/70/12

  21. #1119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dr3vil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11,929
    Follows
    11
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harib4u View Post
    155/70/12 make your car mileage poor, better to use 145/70/12
    then kiss grip bubbye
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

  22. #1120
    PakWheeler Follow
    walls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    well its better to have all 4 corners at same level
    im sure with 165 tires turning circle is lessened
    as thats what i experienced
    how much u driven them
    My car is driven 14700 and when car was at 1800 km tyres were replaced with new dunlop and alloy wheels.. Car became more hard and bumpy after this change.. almost 13000 km driven.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •