Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By digitalmohsin

Thread: Mehran VX 2008 Model - Urgent AC Inquiry!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran VX 2008 Model - Urgent AC Inquiry!!

Hi everyone, I've got a Mehran VX 2008 model and it has 80,000+ KM on it. Been planning to install an AC in it for as long as I can remember but due to shortage of funds I couldn't install it sooner.

Now I have around 15-25000 and I'd like to know a few things before I take this plunge.

1) Would it have material effect on my car if I get it installed now that it has been used so much?

2) Would it work as it's supposed to in the current hot weather conditions, or would it be just a waste of money?

3) What is the price range of this AC nowadays and which one should I get installed, can you compare a couple of them with difference in features and price???

4) Lastly from where should I get it installed in Lahore, what's the best place in terms of cost and work? My friend was telling me about a place on Mall Road I'll confirm from him the name later.

Hoping to get replies soon since I plan to get it installed within this week.

Thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    Hi everyone, I've got a Mehran VX 2008 model and it has 80,000+ KM on it. Been planning to install an AC in it for as long as I can remember but due to shortage of funds I couldn't install it sooner.

Now I have around 15-25000 and I'd like to know a few things before I take this plunge.

1) Would it have material effect on my car if I get it installed now that it has been used so much?

2) Would it work as it's supposed to in the current hot weather conditions, or would it be just a waste of money?

3) What is the price range of this AC nowadays and which one should I get installed, can you compare a couple of them with difference in features and price???

4) Lastly from where should I get it installed in Lahore, what's the best place in terms of cost and work? My friend was telling me about a place on Mall Road I'll confirm from him the name later.

Hoping to get replies soon since I plan to get it installed within this week.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm no expert in car ACs, I can only speak from my own experience:

1-I have one installed in my 20 year old Mehran and till date, there have been no adverse effects of it. So I guess you should be fine, considering that you get it done from a good place.

2-If you get good parts and a good installer, it'll work fine. It will atleast be better than sweating your behinds off in the afternoon heat. It won't be a waste of money.

3-I got mine for 17,000 Rs. The price varies between 15,000 Rs to 40ish thousand Rs. I got a Mini Pajero compressor, a multi flow evaporator and the rest of the parts are OEM Suzuki. The load on the engine is pretty less and cooling is good. It cools a little better than OEM Mehran units.

4-No idea as I live in Karachi.

Wait for the experts to chime in. I say go for it but read a little before jumping into it. Pakwheels is a very good resource for your required info.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are already alot of threads on mehran ac so please use those threads rather than creating new one.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    I got a Mini Pajero compressor, a multi flow evaporator and the rest of the parts are OEM Suzuki. The load on the engine is pretty less and cooling is good. It cools a little better than OEM Mehran units.
    +1

@OP
    Im presuming that you'll be running the car on CNG.
    Installing a multiflow condenser with a scroll type compressor will result in better cooling along with lesser load on the engine.
    Im not sure but I think the Mitsubishi one (the one in mini pajeros) will fit.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    +1

@OP
    Im presuming that you'll be running the car on CNG.
    Installing a multiflow condenser with a scroll type compressor will result in better cooling along with lesser load on the engine.
    Im not sure but I think the Mitsubishi one (the one in mini pajeros) will fit.
    Fits "perfectly" fine in that cramped engine bay!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    Fits "perfectly" fine in that cramped engine bay!
    Is there any slight alteration/adjustment needed to be done to the compressor mount to make the belt alignment dead straight?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Is there any slight alteration/adjustment needed to be done to the compressor mount to make the belt alignment dead straight?
    The mounting that I got was already fabricated to fit perfect with a scroll type compressor for the mehran F8 engine. So yes, you'll need a fabricated mounting as a regular Mehran one won't do any good.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List