• 1 Post By SER_GTR
  • 1 Post By smartdevil_striker
  • 1 Post By smartdevil_striker
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By dr3vil
  • 1 Post By supraman2jz
  • 1 Post By SER_GTR
  • 1 Post By dr3vil

Thread: Mehran spark plugs and water pump issues!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Mehran spark plugs and water pump issues!!!

@SER_GTR , @jz , @Xulfiqar , @ekdrifter

Today my mehran suddenly shut down after heating up and woudn't start, so I found a mechanic who said the water pump had bursted draining all the water from the radiator resulting in the overheating and shutdown. We poured water in the car and cooled it a bit to start it, but it started and then shut down again. Then we tried a dhaka start and the car still didn't start. Then he checked the spark plugs and said that they had melted due to excess heat and will need to be replaced to start the car. My older plugs were pretty old and I had no choice so replaced the 3 spark plugs with NGK 16 spark plugs and poured some more water in the radiator and the car started fine this time. I confirmed from him and he said there is nothing else wrong with the car.

My questions for the pros:

1) How much are genuine NGK 16 spark plugs??? He told me 200/plug and said they are 100% genuine and new, I paid him 550 for them and all his help total.

2) What exactly is the water pump and do you guys think this can burst like this???

3) How much is the genuine suzuki mehran water pump, the mechanic said it's 800-900 in the market.

4) Could this overheating may have caused some other damage???

Thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    @SER_GTR , @jz , @Xulfiqar , @ekdrifter

Today my mehran suddenly shut down after heating up and woudn't start, so I found a mechanic who said the water pump had bursted draining all the water from the radiator resulting in the overheating and shutdown. We poured water in the car and cooled it a bit to start it, but it started and then shut down again. Then we tried a dhaka start and the car still didn't start. Then he checked the spark plugs and said that they had melted due to excess heat and will need to be replaced to start the car. My older plugs were pretty old and I had no choice so replaced the 3 spark plugs with NGK 16 spark plugs and poured some more water in the radiator and the car started fine this time. I confirmed from him and he said there is nothing else wrong with the car.

My questions for the pros:

1) How much are genuine NGK 16 spark plugs??? He told me 200/plug and said they are 100% genuine and new, I paid him 550 for them and all his help total.

2) What exactly is the water pump and do you guys think this can burst like this???

3) How much is the genuine suzuki mehran water pump, the mechanic said it's 800-900 in the market.

4) Could this overheating may have caused some other damage???

Thanks in advance!
    Shut down after heating up? Don't you have a working temp guage? First thing first, never dhakka start a car with an engine in such a state. Coming to your questions;

1- You've bought the plugs, they're fine. Forget about them. They're the least of your concerns right now.
    2- A water pump is just that; a pump that circulates the water throughout all of your cooling system; engine, radiator and hose pipes. It has blades on the inside, it's a pretty simple part. It does not exactly "burst" it leaks. The rubber seals on it fail and water starts leaking, or because of too much rust, it may chip off a little to allow water to leak.
    3- It should be around that much, not genuine but a good quality one. Do one thing, ask the mechanic to make a list of the parts required and go yourself to a reputed parts store and get the parts according to your budget.
    4-Yes, because of the over heating, there's a high chance that you might have damaged the head gasket. There are a number of ways to check, the easiest way is, remove the oil cap from the tappet cover. If there is white sludge on the mouth of the cap, then your gasket is bad.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get A Leak Test.....

Check NExt Morning If Water Is Reducing By ANy Level Or Not.....Keep Eye On Engine HEat Temp.........

Check Fans ANd Make SUre They Are Operating All Fine....!!

Genuine NGK COst Around same...And That 16 Is In DENSO .....Not In NGK
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ngk 16 spark plugs? Recommended heat range for mehran in ngk is "5" and "16" in denso....
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    Shut down after heating up? Don't you have a working temp guage? First thing first, never dhakka start a car with an engine in such a state. Coming to your questions;

1- You've bought the plugs, they're fine. Forget about them. They're the least of your concerns right now.
    2- A water pump is just that; a pump that circulates the water throughout all of your cooling system; engine, radiator and hose pipes. It has blades on the inside, it's a pretty simple part. It does not exactly "burst" it leaks. The rubber seals on it fail and water starts leaking, or because of too much rust, it may chip off a little to allow water to leak.
    3- It should be around that much, not genuine but a good quality one. Do one thing, ask the mechanic to make a list of the parts required and go yourself to a reputed parts store and get the parts according to your budget.
    4-Yes, because of the over heating, there's a high chance that you might have damaged the head gasket. There are a number of ways to check, the easiest way is, remove the oil cap from the tappet cover. If there is white sludge on the mouth of the cap, then your gasket is bad.
    Is Tappet where we pour the engine oil???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Get A Leak Test.....

Check NExt Morning If Water Is Reducing By ANy Level Or Not.....Keep Eye On Engine HEat Temp.........

Check Fans ANd Make SUre They Are Operating All Fine....!!

Genuine NGK COst Around same...And That 16 Is In DENSO .....Not In NGK
    Whatever water I pour in the radiator, it leaks out quickly from underneath the hood, thus the mechanic concluded the water pump is leaking and needs replacement.

Can we repair this water pump or do we have to always replace it if it's leaking???

The radiator fan is working fine, it's set on auto, is that fine or is direct better??? What other fan is there in mehran???

I think the temp guage maybe faulty, because it was still at cool when the car over-heated, so I'll get that checked as well.

Thanks, so I didn't get ripped by this mechanic as he was saying these spark plugs are 100% genuine and trust me I'm giving you the best rate bla bla bla and yeah you are right that 16U was on the Denso these NGK spark plugs had some other name.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smartdevil_striker View Post
    Ngk 16 spark plugs? Recommended heat range for mehran in ngk is "5" and "16" in denso....
    Bro what is the price of genuine NGK and Denso plugs for mehran??? And do you recommend Denso or NGK or are they same in quality and life-span???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another thing is that my brother had been using tap water instead of coolant and I'm so pissed at him for this as it seems the radiator and the water bottle are full of brownish rusty sludge and water.

So I was planning to have the mechanic do a complete radiator flush, cleaning all this rust and replacing any pipes which require replacement but I've not done this myself before, so could you guys tell me how to get this done properly and ensure a clean system and engine???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro what is the price of genuine NGK and Denso plugs for mehran??? And do you recommend Denso or NGK or are they same in quality and life-span???
    Denso and ngk both are good plugs, for mehran Ngk G-Power Platinum plugs are best....
    Platinum&Iridium Plugs,Performance 8MM Wires,Automotive Bulbs and Bosch Horns for sale Contact: 0333-3035482

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir your mehroo got classic rad eating issue and its a sure chance that ur cars head gasket had its days and plugs man they are fine as supraman above said that its least of ur concern as for water pump yes it gets faulty but it sounds like some metal bar rings jammed high sound it produces like soar throat and next morning check water level and see if liquid is mixed with oily particles and for genuine water body it costs around 2.5k to 3k and sir be on the safe side show it to some other mechanic like once one of my coulege had mehran shut down and he told me that it over heated i checked it and fault was not mechanical it was electrical reason it was not starting self switch was busted and get rad fixed or replaced and for satisfaction show it to other mechanic

Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Whatever water I pour in the radiator, it leaks out quickly from underneath the hood, thus the mechanic concluded the water pump is leaking and needs replacement.

Can we repair this water pump or do we have to always replace it if it's leaking???

The radiator fan is working fine, it's set on auto, is that fine or is direct better??? What other fan is there in mehran???

I think the temp guage maybe faulty, because it was still at cool when the car over-heated, so I'll get that checked as well.

Thanks, so I didn't get ripped by this mechanic as he was saying these spark plugs are 100% genuine and trust me I'm giving you the best rate bla bla bla and yeah you are right that 16U was on the Denso these NGK spark plugs had some other name.
    For plugs u say i had used iridium plugs denso vk 20 in my mehran and man if water leaks from engine side like belkow the belts and pullies then waterbody is leak

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ekdrifter View Post
    Sir your mehroo got classic rad eating issue and its a sure chance that ur cars head gasket had its days and plugs man they are fine as supraman above said that its least of ur concern as for water pump yes it gets faulty but it sounds like some metal bar rings jammed high sound it produces like soar throat and next morning check water level and see if liquid is mixed with oily particles and for genuine water body it costs around 2.5k to 3k and sir be on the safe side show it to some other mechanic like once one of my coulege had mehran shut down and he told me that it over heated i checked it and fault was not mechanical it was electrical reason it was not starting self switch was busted and get rad fixed or replaced and for satisfaction show it to other mechanic

Yes bro, baari manhoos si kar kar roaring aawaazz aati hai, I thought maybe some belt or engine tuning issue, but what is metal bar rings???

To phir ye 800-900 wala china water pump hai kya???

Yes bro I will show it to another mechanic for complete diagnosis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For plugs u say i had used iridium plugs denso vk 20 in my mehran and man if water leaks from engine side like belkow the belts and pullies then waterbody is leak

Bro not going to spend that much right now since already replaced the plugs now

Yes bro, the water starts leaking right away from the engine side like below the two belts which are next to the engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is Tappet where we pour the engine oil???
    1- Yes, there is an oil cap on your tappet cover, remove and inspect that. That is currently the best way to check head gasket in your scenario as water is already leaking because of the bad water pump.
    2- Do not repair the water pump. Always replace with a new unit.
    3- Always keep your fan on auto and T-state valve installed.
    4- That karr karr wali roaring noise was the water pump bearing. Replace the pump before it seizes and breaks something costlier. Has happened to me before and I had to pay 10K for parts and labor, though the car is a Civic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It Can Be Water PUmp As well as faulty radiator or anything else leaking.....inspect througly before replacing anything
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes bro, baari manhoos si kar kar roaring aawaazz aati hai, I thought maybe some belt or engine tuning issue, but what is metal bar rings???

To phir ye 800-900 wala china water pump hai kya???

Yes bro I will show it to another mechanic for complete diagnosis.
    go for middle quality is cash is an issue i remember i got a taiwani one for 500 back in 2006 mine wasn't leaked but it made that bad noise and also taiwani never got leaked also use coolant next time Zic coolant and no water after satisfaction
    3 bottles of zic coolant enough so u might be out of the woods yet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for middle quality is cash is an issue i remember i got a taiwani one for 500 back in 2006 mine wasn't leaked but it made that bad noise and also taiwani never got leaked also use coolant next time Zic coolant and no water after satisfaction
    3 bottles of zic coolant enough so u might be out of the woods yet
    Okay thanks bro

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List