0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mehran 2005 radiator cooling fan

Just turned very cold, I put the heater onto 'hot', this may be a coincidence but my temperature needle constantly goes above the midway point towards the red before the radiator cooling fan switches on! Then it turns off after 10-20 secs while the temperature remains around the midway to upper half point. The car never used to do this in the summer where the temperature stayed a third to a maximum of half way up, then the fan kicking in for a longer period to cool the engine. What do you guys think is the problem?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont see a problem here.same is the case with my car.In winter the optimum temp seems to be around that MIDWAY mark...so I guess its normal.Since the fan is automatic so you need not to worry,it will keep care of ur car's engine temp.In summer fan starts early as the temp raises quickly.If you are driving then you would see that even in winter the guage shows almost the same ready as it was in summer...Bottom line,, i guess its normal...
    Das Auto, Der Golf!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    its normal....auto switch activates fan when temp goes above normal.....fo it also depends on auto-switch or thermostat...its possibke that its normal range is some high that needle when above normal and then it completes it range abve normal....so fan starts that time and cold down radiator nor engine....12V fan is not able to cool down that engine ....water is a cooling factor so it cools actually radiator alimunium fins which absorb heat from water and then water cools and engine comes to normal temp.....all things are normal but be sure that fan should on above normal bcz car has to be on normal.....not more that nor less than that...
    Thanxxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually guys.. in summer is the a/c is on, and as i know it fan is working full time with a/c on, so that may be what's causing the temp. to stay low in summers, unless you've observed otherwise bro. otherwise my mehran runs midway without a/c on too. no need to worry in any case. just check the water level and oil often.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks guys for your help. I think that there maybe a problem with the 'switch' as it is not sensing the higher temperatures soon enough, or even long enough. When I drive higher speeds the temperature is what it should be e.g. just below half. The temp gauge on the Mehran should not rise above half at all, even when stuck in traffic as the fan should kick in and stay on. I am going to take it into Suzuki dealership and see what they have to say.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List