Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Lack of Driving Ethics.....Serious Problem of our Society

Dear all,

There r some serious issues we r facing on roads in our daily life, launching of this thread dosn't mean to hurt anyone but to spread awareness in our community, as per my observation em raising the following points;

1-Badly use of unnecessary Horn and dippers and High Beam (mostly by Commercial Vehicles and Corolla users) in XLI,s and 2OD,s in Black and White Color having black ribbon on the back)

2-Mostly these vahicles prefer to drive on Right Lane and do not give way if anyone wants to overtake.

3- Most of the time they prefer to overtake from left side.

4- Whereever the line discipline required mostly on Check Posts or Barriers, they prefer to go beyond the line to reach early with interuption for those who r waiting in the line.

5- I have also observed that they start their journey with High Beam, even they dont bother to low the lights, i think for them the purpose of High Beam is only for more visibility and light and nothing else for others.

6-They drive with minimum Distance from other vahicles on road.

7-The most ever stupidity i seen is activation of Reverse lights with break lights.

8-Red light on signals seems to be more irritating for them, hardly they bother to stop on it, and then put their hands on Horn and High Beam on yellow light.

9-They don’t know about Speed Limits that differ place to place shown on traffic sign boards and enjoy over speeding without knowing the limitations.

Now members r welcome to post ur suggestions and comments and share your experience to take some corrective measures.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@waqashussain, thanks for starting this much needed topic.

I definitely agree with the Rawalpindi/Islamabad members with reference to the road rage behavior; as I have experienced it as well. Unfortunately, we as a nation (most of us) have lost the ability of tolerance.

If a slow driver is driving in the fast lane, he or she believes it is their right to drive in the fast lane even at a slow pace and won't budge from the lane. High lights, rash driving, getting in-front of someone from the wrong side, honking unnecessarily, wrong parking, not giving the way have all become a norm. We seriously need lessons not only in how to drive proper, right of way, but I think even in standing in lines, waiting for our turns, not jumping ahead of someone. We talk about our rights and then we trample on others.

So, what can we do? Perhaps at our own individual level, start to observe our behavior and practice good driving and courtesy as best as possible.
    I hope to offend none, just an observation and suggestion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of my friend jst get back from Sweden (although it is on no. 3rd as per rating of UN as most civilised country in the world having all human rights, necessaties and luxuries for every individual) so he said that in sweden he experienced that as they intend to cross the road from zebera crossing all vehicles get stop of the same side even the vehicle on the other side of the road get stop to give respect and safety to pedestarians, to avoid pedestarian from hasle of wait and insecurity.

"What a country Gora sb" hahahahahahaha

@amjadch; well said bro, we atleast as individual shud get lesson from all this dicussion, and atleast teach one or two people abt driving ethics becoz it is our social and moral duty,

Very very important thread start by @waqashussain and it shud not be stop.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was struck by anger/mental torture - on seeing our lovely police waala shoot down an ambulance's tyres because it was trying to cross Sh Faisal while carrying a patient to NICVD and some "Islamabad big wig protocol was about to cross the intersection"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yaarfarooq View Post
    I would like to add that, as per my observation, the Wagon drivers & taxi drivers are the biggest law breakers & never show any decency in driving,

At any jam on traffic check posts, they always use to break line & try to irrupt lines.
    On Traffic signals, almost every one of us , but again mostly Wagon + Taxi drivers never leave any space for left turners.
    in usa taxi drivers license is equal to a pilots license difference is just air and road

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ROUGE View Post
    One of my friend jst get back from Sweden (although it is on no. 3rd as per rating of UN as most civilised country in the world having all human rights, necessaties and luxuries for every individual) so he said that in sweden he experienced that as they intend to cross the road from zebera crossing all vehicles get stop of the same side even the vehicle on the other side of the road get stop to give respect and safety to pedestarians, to avoid pedestarian from hasle of wait and insecurity.

"What a country Gora sb" hahahahahahaha

@amjadch; well said bro, we atleast as individual shud get lesson from all this dicussion, and atleast teach one or two people abt driving ethics becoz it is our social and moral duty,

Very very important thread start by @waqashussain and it shud not be stop.........
    Even in a place like UAE...(arab drivers are known to be the worst drivers)...they stop for pedestrians on z-crossings...thats the pedestrian's right...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your very right. Over here in karachi most drivers don't seem to have any adequate of such sort. Driving on wrong lanes, high beams and high speed over taking in tight lanes. I bet most of these problems fall under the drivers hand and i mean "DRIVERS" as in those people who work for a living to drive their employer from A-Z.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy77 View Post
    And the ones who turn on indicator and switch lane in very slow speed without watching someone comming fast from back who has the right.

the car coming from behind doesnt have the right.
    Alpha Romeo 156

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    Can you explain this in bit more details? . Sounds very interesting to me...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjadch View Post
    @waqashussain, thanks for starting this much needed topic.

I definitely agree with the Rawalpindi/Islamabad members with reference to the road rage behavior; as I have experienced it as well. Unfortunately, we as a nation (most of us) have lost the ability of tolerance.

If a slow driver is driving in the fast lane, he or she believes it is their right to drive in the fast lane even at a slow pace and won't budge from the lane. High lights, rash driving, getting in-front of someone from the wrong side, honking unnecessarily, wrong parking, not giving the way have all become a norm. We seriously need lessons not only in how to drive proper, right of way, but I think even in standing in lines, waiting for our turns, not jumping ahead of someone. We talk about our rights and then we trample on others.

So, what can we do? Perhaps at our own individual level, start to observe our behavior and practice good driving and courtesy as best as possible.
    I hope to offend none, just an observation and suggestion.
    +1
    '3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the car.'

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Very nice article.

Excellent topic. So many lives can be saved, and so much frustration and pain can be avoided thru proper road use sense. Its not that Pakistanis can not learn, its mainly that Police is not trained properly to handle the traffic in Pakistan.

Best solution, is to send Pakistani Traffic Police to foreign developed countries or even China (to save cost). In US, where I'm, the police is very aggressive against traffic rules violators, they will keep chasing you for miles at high speed, and are properly trained to pursue a traffic rule violator, who after breaking the law and not stopping for a police becomes a "criminal" in eyes of the law, the traffic police is trained on how to swerve and stop the fast moving car, by hitting its back qarter panel with the full force of those Heavy duty, police cruiser cars, to make the car swerve and veer off. Ofcourse in heavy traffic there are different techniques, i.e. using road strips ahead of time by informing another patrol unit that is ahead of you, tire blow out methods, etc.

The second thing is teaching traffic rules at School level, like they do in US. You can get your license in High School, after attending your HS based traffic course, and driving classes.

In US, they don't give you your license unless you pass a written exam and a driving exam, following each and every proper rule, including how to turn on/off the radio and adjusting the heat/cool level without taking your eyes off the road.

The third thing is financial punishment not just thru traffic ticket, but higher cost of insuring your car. In US, your must carry insurance for your car, even if its a very old car, inorder to drive. And when you get your Challan, your cost of Insurance also goes up. Insurance companies look at your drivig record thru national database, which has a record of every driver. With too many traffic tickets, you get a very high rate, and you must buy insurance, there is no other way around it. And the insurance companies also reward you, if you obey traffic laws and never had a challan, and your car has alot of safety features, anti theft, ABS, which almost all cars here have, you get discount and very cheap insurance rate for being a good driver. America in general has this system of rewarding good people and punishing the bad people, it starts from their educational system right from the start.

They also have a point based system here, every time you get challan you get penalty points on your driving record, if you get around 10 points, your license gets suspended, and you have to attend driving classes and pass the exam at your local Motor Vehicle Registration department.

Pakistanis make very good drivers around the world. Pakistan needs to have some implementable system.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Firsr we will have to OWN our country become a Pakistani

If the same Pakistani obey all rules and regulations in Foreign countries and proudly disobey in his own country, the root cause is the lack of OWNERSHIP LOYALITY & SINCERITY with Pakistan.

Its a piece of land like other countries and having man made rules, so if we want a certain change We will have to play a vital role in our individual capacity........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Following is a routine in lahore in crowded places, miscellaneous items ( a burger shop etc) on roads also play their part in creating following situation and at the end traffic blocks for hours
    Lack of Driving Ethics.....Serious Problem of our Society - 187399
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ...everyone is talking about "revolution" but do they have a "plan" to fix the system? ofcourse not they just want the driving seat!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imtiz_ahmed View Post
    Can you explain this in bit more details? . Sounds very interesting to me...
    If a car gives an indicator and then switches lane , the car coming from behind is bound to give him way by the law.
    But there are two things which must be taken into account :
    1 . There's a thing called side mirror . One must look into side mirror and avoid switching lane when the car coming from behind is too near / it is coming too fast .
    2. If you have to switch lane ; you must give an indicator BEFORE switching lane . Not during it .And there must be a reasonable interval of time between switching lane and giving indicator .

Again if one person obeys the law and the other doesn't ; its of no use . Road and traffic sense , if present in every body , only make these laws effective .
    "The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility. The fact that it is comprehensible is a miracle." (Albert Einstein)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib93 View Post
    If a car gives an indicator and then switches lane , the car coming from behind is bound to give him way by the law.
    But there are two things which must be taken into account :
    1 . There's a thing called side mirror . One must look into side mirror and avoid switching lane when the car coming from behind is too near / it is coming too fast .
    2. If you have to switch lane ; you must give an indicator BEFORE switching lane . Not during it .And there must be a reasonable interval of time between switching lane and giving indicator .

Again if one person obeys the law and the other doesn't ; its of no use . Road and traffic sense , if present in every body , only make these laws effective .

Yea I know that... please read the complete original posts...

This was first post

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy77 View Post
    Well I hate the people who drive slow in fast lanes.
    And the ones who turn on indicator and switch lane in very slow speed without watching someone comming fast from back who has the right.
    This was RedBull_ar response
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    ???

So, it seems he suggests that if you have switched on indicator, you do not have to look behind or anything, it's all yours for taking

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, here's a question..

Assuming the speed limit to be 70, should a car moving in the right lane on 70 give way to someone trying to overtake??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Morani View Post
    Ok, here's a question..

Assuming the speed limit to be 70, should a car moving in the right lane on 70 give way to someone trying to overtake??
    Unless you are a traffic cop, yes you should, because you do not have the right to act like one (cop). Plus there is 10ks buffer so even a cop might not stop him if he is in that buffer zone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aaaaaaaaagreeeeeeed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nicely said.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqastariq View Post
    Did not get it ?
    In PIA - Pakstani nationality people usually harass the hostess, touching her etc. sit on their seats farting around like a pig, while if they are travelling in some other carrier - they would be the most decent albiet, punjabish, pushtish, urdlish speaking people on earth; and would not even dare to look at the hostess coyingly.

WHY

one of two things will happen,
    SECURITY ALERT
    DISCIPLINARY ACTION

to apply this to traffic. All police enforcements in the city should be handed to the likes of highway patrol and the licensing authority should be of vigilant people and also have eye/hearing testing facilities etc. And we should have a car health system too, if your chassis structure is questionable - OUT

I know a blind man in Pakistan who has a valid driving license.

That way we will get rid of

1 - the stupid aunties driving with no sense of direction or seatbelt etc.
    2 - the stupid kids who are high on drugs and have guards with weapons on display
    3 - the idiot bus drivers who dont have a clue how to operate a bus
    4 - the stupidly retarded male drivers who dont give a damn about road rules
    5 - All the population using HIDs in headlamps not designed for them
    6 - The loud exhaust population
    7 - The CD70-CG125 dumb idiot population who think they are better then rossi on his machine
    8 - The engine swap gang (who think its cool to stuff a 2.2 litre engine into a car originally having a 1.0)

The license should become a very protected document that can show - felonies, challans etc upon inquiry

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is allot wrong use of indicators also specially truck drivers usually dont use indicators or they point the indicator wrong.

most people do not use indicators which leads to many accidents

if the procedure of getting license is made corruption free then many problems can be cured
    https://www.facebook.com/EbdullahPhotography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

User Tag List