Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow Daihatsu Mira 660cc Imported(japan) Wonder full car (Rate My Drive)

yesterday i bought Daihatsu Mira 2008 model and fresh import(2011 manual transmission) 8990 km driven....fully loaded (abs, power windows, power steering, power mirrors, ac, etc) scratch less worth 790000/rs
    ...its drive is amazing....like comfort...pick and space. as compare to local ALTO.... MEHRAN...CULTUS...COURE...SANTRO....

what u say dear pk wheelers?

UPDATED ON 19-04-2011

yours experience.

Dear PW members and users,

i want all of Daihatsu Mira Users to discuss all matters,,, problems ,,,, experience ,,, performance ,,,, issues related to Daihatsu Mira on the Below mention link as and close all other threads related with Daihatsu Mira so that all Daihatsu Mira user can be got on unique board
    Daihatsu Mira Fan Club \ Discussion club For All Daihatsu Mira Users

REGARDSDiahtsu Mira -237142 Diahtsu Mira -237143 Diahtsu Mira -237145 Diahtsu Mira -237146 Diahtsu Mira -237150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    @san91
    Whats the petrol average you are getting now?
    without ac = 15km/ltr (in city)
    with ac = 13km/ltr (in city)
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by san91 View Post
    without ac = 15km/ltr (in city)
    with ac = 13km/ltr (in city)
    I was thinking of buying a small 660cc car for daily commuting but whats the point of buying a small 660cc car when my 1300cc Honda City is giving the same mileage.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    I have just gone through this entire thread.

You also start from page 1 and for sure you will conclude that Mira dealers/importers are posting again and again here..... "napak suzuki", 20km average, totally satisfied etc, bump, bump and bump and in parallel they are ready to sell it and posting sale ads???? Every part is available but genuine posters are mentioning that spark plug is available for 1650 and back light is for 12000.

No doubt it appears to be a fascinating ride but please dont take decision just by going through this thread that is more of an ad.
    +1
    The car is good but its highly exaggerated by Imtiaz5. Like a couple of times he has written that its more luxurious and spacious than 1.3L Toyota and Honda. Seriously?? You can compare this car with Mehran and Alto, but you are comparing this 660cc car with Toyota Corolla and Honda City.
    You are not the only owner of Mira, there are others as well and no one is getting 24km/L. And why are you spamming all the Mira threads?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its filter is same as cuore and air filter is now available in many shops in a reasonable price. and if any problem occured than visit any mechanic that can handle japanese cars.
    thanks for repli
    Toyota = Paindooo
    HOnDa =

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was thinking of buying a small 660cc car for daily commuting but whats the point of buying a small 660cc car when my 1300cc Honda City is giving the same mileage.
    but there is a one difference...
    honda city = 16 lacs
    daihatsu mira = 7.5 lacs

both cars have almost same features except mira didnt have much boot space. mira's average acceleration is same as city's, same milage, same comfort and the road grip. next thing is mira's exterior size. it is perfect for heavy traffic driving. one more thing, mira have bigger room space than city. i know its unbelievable but its true.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1
    The car is good but its highly exaggerated by Imtiaz5. Like a couple of times he has written that its more luxurious and spacious than 1.3L Toyota and Honda. Seriously?? You can compare this car with Mehran and Alto, but you are comparing this 660cc car with Toyota Corolla and Honda City.
    You are not the only owner of Mira, there are others as well and no one is getting 24km/L. And why are you spamming all the Mira threads?
    daihatsu mira is far better than mehran, alto, pakistani cuore, cultus and liana. and if we talk about the comparison between mira and city or 1.3 corolla, then first think about their cost price. you have to spend 16 lacs for city and corolla and only 7.5 lacs for daihatsu mira. half of city' and corolla's price. and the biggest difference between corolla and mira is the automatic option. couple of days before, indus motors launched 1.3 corolla gli with automatic transmission but still they are not mentioning its price. and if we talk about mira's fuel average, then surprisingly imtiaz5 is really getting a very good milage because he owns a manual transmission mira. and always manual transmission gives better fuel average than the auto transmission.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

daihatsu mira is far better than mehran, alto, pakistani cuore, cultus and liana. and if we talk about the comparison between mira and city or 1.3 corolla, then first think about their cost price. you have to spend 16 lacs for city and corolla and only 7.5 lacs for daihatsu mira. half of city' and corolla's price. and the biggest difference between corolla and mira is the automatic option. couple of days before, indus motors launched 1.3 corolla gli with automatic transmission but still they are not mentioning its price. and if we talk about mira's fuel average, then surprisingly imtiaz5 is really getting a very good milage because he owns a manual transmission mira. and always manual transmission gives better fuel average than the auto transmission.
    who said that city is for 16 lakhs?? and yes 2009 mira is for 900,000.
    and mira is also not a brand new car, it is used,where as if we buy city or corolla
    it will be 2011 and 0 meter.and city is a sedan,it has 1300cc engine(while Mira has only 660cc engine) and city has many more goodies which is not present in Mira.so how can u compare mira with city
    Toyota = Paindooo
    HOnDa =

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NOneed2speedd View Post
    who said that city is for 16 lakhs?? and yes 2009 mira is for 900,000.
    and mira is also not a brand new car, it is used,where as if we buy city or corolla
    it will be 2011 and 0 meter.and city is a sedan,it has 1300cc engine(while Mira has only 660cc engine) and city has many more goodies which is not present in Mira.so how can u compare mira with city
    here is the official page of honda city 2011.
    Honda | Pakistan | CITY | Specifications
    it shows 1,530,000(cost price) + 10,000(frieght) + 40,000(registration)(approx)
    Total = 1,580,000 PKR.
    and this is for 2011. and according to my knowledge, price of all local cars are increased for 2012.

lets come to mira
    i bought mine mira 2007 model (unregistered) for only 705,000 PKR with registration. and it also have climate control option which is not present in many other miras. i know its a used car but its condition at that time was like brand new.

and yes i know that city is seades and i m also a city lover. but can u tell me some goodies in honda city that is not present in mira?
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda city = 16 lacs
    daihatsu mira = 7.5 lacs

both cars have almost same features except mira didnt have much boot space. mira's average acceleration is same as city's, same milage, same comfort and the road grip. next thing is mira's exterior size. it is perfect for heavy traffic driving. one more thing, mira have bigger room space than city. i know its unbelievable but its true.
    Of course there is a difference in price because both cars belong to totally different classes. One is a 1300cc sedan where as the other is 660cc car for local/city commuting. These 660cc cars are built only for local driving. These cars are NOT built to drive on highways and long routes.
    On long route even an overtaking Daewoo bus can be dangerous for this car as it doesn't have much weight.

Regarding mileage, yes both Honda City and Daihatsu Mira give the same mileage but Honda City is 1300cc 100 HP car while Mira is only 660cc 55 HP car. So I don't know at what thing Mira is good at.

Regarding acceleration, this 660cc car is no where near 1.3L iVTEC.
    A lot of Mira owners mentioned that after 100Km/hr, Daihatsu Mira's engine noise become unbearable, as if it is going to burst. That is something obvious because its 660cc engine needs to work at very very high RPM to achieve that speed.

And one more point. These small cars are good only if you drive them in economy zone i.e 70-75 Km/hr, after that these cars are no more economical, they eat more fuel than 1800cc car because of the same fact I mentioned above.

The price you are quoting is for 2012 model zero meter Honda City with 3 years/70,000 Km warranty and complete peace of mind, while Mira is 2007 model used car and everyone knows that these Japanese cars' meters are tempered.

In the end I would say that its really ridiculous to compare 660cc car with 1300cc car in terms of power, acceleration, luxury, driving maneuverability, road grip etc. However Mira can be compared with Suzuki Mehran and I agree that Mira is a better car than Mehran.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda city = 16 lacs
    daihatsu mira = 7.5 lacs

You are comparing a 660cc ****** bag with a 1300cc sedan? Aham okay. Comparison begins..
    Both cars have almost same features? Same comfort? and the main thing.. Road grip?
    Mira's acceleration is same as city's? Sir its un digestible. When I read this statement. I wasn't able to stop myself quoting your post.
    It's Totally not perfect for Long routes. it can't even bear a continuous travelling of 1000kms.
    Bigger room space than city? Sir double check your statement. It's neither true nor believable.
    City is 100 times better car than this car. This car is just for local use.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

honda city = 16 lacs
    daihatsu mira = 7.5 lacs

Have u gone insane sir G???? do u even know what u're talking about???

u don't have any idea of what u just said....

say this to a portrait of honda city and it will punch you right back in the face..... no doubt.

the new city can smoke corolla altis 1.8 cruisetronic, goes neck to neck with 1.6 vti oriel prosmatec, steermatic and the civic EXi 1.5.

Mira can't even touch the dust of these cars with a 600cc engine.. think again bro...

yaar, have u ever sit in the new city?? it is a full sized compact sedan class car and u're saying that dihatsu's 4 year old crap has bigger interior??

well, can u find experienced techs in pakistan who can actually deal with ANY kind of problems in mira??

can u get 70k kms warranty which is only and only offered by honda in pakistan???

can u get the peace of mind that one has when he knows that his hands are the only hands in the world that the car in his garage has ever felt in its lifetime???

man come on, the first hand owner of a car even knows the jumps his car has been through.

its no way near that imported car in terms of this... nuff said.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is the official page of honda city 2011.
    Honda | Pakistan | CITY | Specifications
    it shows 1,530,000(cost price) + 10,000(frieght) + 40,000(registration)(approx)
    Total = 1,580,000 PKR.
    and this is for 2011. and according to my knowledge, price of all local cars are increased for 2012.

lets come to mira
    i bought mine mira 2007 model (unregistered) for only 705,000 PKR with registration. and it also have climate control option which is not present in many other miras. i know its a used car but its condition at that time was like brand new.

and yes i know that city is seades and i m also a city lover. morebut can u tell me some goodies in honda city that is not present in mira?
    speedster_101 has explained the difference very well but still if u want me to tell then,ok:..
    *city will be brand new where as MIRA
    * boot space
    *1300cc engine (MIRA 660cc)
    *sedan (hatchback)
    *more bigger and sportier shape
    *1300cc engine,but then also same milage as Mira
    *EPS (electric power steering)
    *better resale
    *and for the rest u can see speedster_101's post.
    Toyota = Paindooo
    HOnDa =

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@San91fficeffice" />
    I own Mira 2004 model and all the members have mentioned the right facts, comparing a 1300cc brand new car to 660cc reconditioned car is not fair. Al though no doubts that Mira is a very good car in its class but still this comparison is not justified. I have travelled on Mira on long routes n it was really good but the moment your cross 110km/h its consumption is like all other big cars no more economy.
    "Even the word 'IMPOSSIBLE' says 'I M POSSIBLE"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@San91fficeffice" />
    I own Mira 2004 model and all the members have mentioned the right facts, comparing a 1300cc brand new car to 660cc reconditioned car is not fair. Al though no doubts that Mira is a very good car in its class but still this comparison is not justified. I have travelled on Mira on long routes n it was really good but the moment your cross 110km/h its consumption is like all other big cars no more economy.
    "Even the word 'IMPOSSIBLE' says 'I M POSSIBLE"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Of course there is a difference in price because both cars belong to totally different classes. One is a 1300cc sedan where as the other is 660cc car for local/city commuting. These 660cc cars are built only for local driving. These cars are NOT built to drive on highways and long routes.
    On long route even an overtaking Daewoo bus can be dangerous for this car as it doesn't have much weight.

Regarding mileage, yes both Honda City and Daihatsu Mira give the same mileage but Honda City is 1300cc 100 HP car while Mira is only 660cc 55 HP car. So I don't know at what thing Mira is good at.

Regarding acceleration, this 660cc car is no where near 1.3L iVTEC.
    A lot of Mira owners mentioned that after 100Km/hr, Daihatsu Mira's engine noise become unbearable, as if it is going to burst. That is something obvious because its 660cc engine needs to work at very very high RPM to achieve that speed.

And one more point. These small cars are good only if you drive them in economy zone i.e 70-75 Km/hr, after that these cars are no more economical, they eat more fuel than 1800cc car because of the same fact I mentioned above.

The price you are quoting is for 2012 model zero meter Honda City with 3 years/70,000 Km warranty and complete peace of mind, while Mira is 2007 model used car and everyone knows that these Japanese cars' meters are tempered.

In the end I would say that its really ridiculous to compare 660cc car with 1300cc car in terms of power, acceleration, luxury, driving maneuverability, road grip etc. However Mira can be compared with Suzuki Mehran and I agree that Mira is a better car than Mehran.
    who says that these cars are not suitable for the highways?

if u are talking about overtaking acceleration, then mine mira gives rapid response still at the speed of 100km/hr.

if u r talking about handling, i occasionally do overdriving and highway driving and i never feels that the car is losing its grip.

if u are talking about noise at the speed of 110km/hr, tell me the name of a person who says that its noise become horrible? mine one is noiseless and if u compare it with city, so honda uses soundproof technology in it.

if u are talking about fuel average at the sepeed of 110km/hr, so mine mira changes its 4th gear at the speed of 105km/hr when u push 1/3 of its accelerator paddle and gives the perfect milage at that speed. normally the first point of its fuel indicator drops at around 70km and when i drive it on highway it drops around 90 km which i think is perfect.

if u are comparing its engine capacity then yes i agree with u that city has bigger engine and more HPs but it is much useful at the time when the car is fully loaded. and i also agree that mira has lack of acceleration when it is fully loaded but still not enough bad.

if u are talking about the acceleration comparison between mira and city, so please read my previous posts carefully, i mentioned there that their average acceleration is almost same that is normal driving acceleration.

if u are talking about the warranty then these japanese cars dont need it. i bought my car when it was 22k km driven and today it is 70k km driven and the only mechanical work that i did in it is: extra horns, new tyres+rims, seat covers and changes its fan motor which costs me 1400 PKR. thats it.

and in the end i would say that it is not really ridiculous to compare these two cars. i m just comparing them not saying that mira is better than city. i know city is much better because i have driven it many times. but thats not mean that mira is a bad car.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    You are comparing a 660cc ****** bag with a 1300cc sedan? Aham okay. Comparison begins..
    Both cars have almost same features? Same comfort? and the main thing.. Road grip?
    Mira's acceleration is same as city's? Sir its un digestible. When I read this statement. I wasn't able to stop myself quoting your post.
    It's Totally not perfect for Long routes. it can't even bear a continuous travelling of 1000kms.
    Bigger room space than city? Sir double check your statement. It's neither true nor believable.
    City is 100 times better car than this car. This car is just for local use.
    hmm...
    sir i m just comparing these two cars not saying that mira is better than city. i know city is much better than mira.

please read my previous posts where i mentioned that mira's average acceleration(normal driving) is same as city's.

it can easily handles 1000km of continuous traveling. it all depends how u drive it.

if still u have any doubt about mira, please just take a ride of daihatsu mira and after that m sure u will definitely change ur statement.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Have u gone insane sir G???? do u even know what u're talking about???

u don't have any idea of what u just said....

say this to a portrait of honda city and it will punch you right back in the face..... no doubt.

the new city can smoke corolla altis 1.8 cruisetronic, goes neck to neck with 1.6 vti oriel prosmatec, steermatic and the civic EXi 1.5.

Mira can't even touch the dust of these cars with a 600cc engine.. think again bro...

yaar, have u ever sit in the new city?? it is a full sized compact sedan class car and u're saying that dihatsu's 4 year old crap has bigger interior??

well, can u find experienced techs in pakistan who can actually deal with ANY kind of problems in mira??

can u get 70k kms warranty which is only and only offered by honda in pakistan???

can u get the peace of mind that one has when he knows that his hands are the only hands in the world that the car in his garage has ever felt in its lifetime???

man come on, the first hand owner of a car even knows the jumps his car has been through.

its no way near that imported car in terms of this... nuff said.
    sir please read my post carefully, i mentioned that average acceleration that is normal driving. if u want overdrive acceleration then go for mazda rx8 which worth 13 lacs instead of honda city which worth 16 lacs.

yes i have driven honda city many times thats why i said that mira's room space is bigger than city. if u dont believe it then please take a ride of mira. because after that u will believe it.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NOneed2speedd View Post
    speedster_101 has explained the difference very well but still if u want me to tell then,ok:..
    *city will be brand new where as MIRA
    * boot space
    *1300cc engine (MIRA 660cc)
    *sedan (hatchback)
    *more bigger and sportier shape
    *1300cc engine,but then also same milage as Mira
    *EPS (electric power steering)
    *better resale
    *and for the rest u can see speedster_101's post.
    CITY:
    *city is brand new (+1)
    *1300cc engine (1+)
    *sedan (+1)
    *more bigger and sportier shape:
    let me explain this. city had bigger shape that i think is a negative point if we compare it with mira. so (-1).
    *milage same as mira (+1)
    *EPS (+1)
    *better resale
    check the current situation of the market. can u sell ur city at same price as u get it??? i can sell my mira more than price than i get it because i got mine mira for 705k and couple of months before i got an offer of 730k from a showroom owner. and in Pakistan, the brand of honda is very popular in poor resale market. so (-1)
    *and the rest i already posted my reply on speedster_101 post.

MIRA:
    *small and smart shape (+1)
    *fuel economy 15 in city (+1)
    *hatchback (-1)
    *bigger room space
    if u have any doubt about it then please take a ride of it. (+1)
    *660cc engine (0)
    *ABS breaks(front) (+1)
    *ESP (electronic stability program) (+1)
    *better resale (+1)

now u can compare it.
    abra-ca-dab-ra........!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@San91
    I am sorry to say you don't have any concept of cars.
    You simply don't have any understanding of 'acceleration'
    For you bigger car is a negative point and smaller car is a positive point knowing that both cars have the same fuel consumption.
    For you Daihatsu Mira has a good resale than Honda City. For your information let me tell you that Honda City is a hot cake item in market. It is selling way above the price it was bought for. Even the City iDSI is selling at 12 lacks and its factory price was around 9 lacs.

Regarding engine noise, don't pretend to be naive, just read a few pages back and you will see Daihatsu Mira owners complaining about its engine noise.
    And who told me that this 660 cc car is not for highway driving/long routes? Its a common sense man. People are going to Nathiagali from Lahore on CD-70, but is it advisable? Certainly not.

In the end, one can go to a date on his Honda City, but can you go on your Daihatsu Mira?? That was just to let you know the impression and looks of Mira.

It is a car for everyday local commuting. Don't expect too much from it.
    And seeing your justification points, one can only laugh at them.
    I am not going to comment from now as I have made the facts clear.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers