Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree525Likes

Thread: Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Should I buy Swift or Civic exi?

I've tried going through past threads, but didn't find any helpful information.

My question is, I have 1m budget, and I have 2 options.

1. Civic exi
    2. Swift.

Also considering that I have family of three.

I like Civic for its shape and class, but 0 meters itself is also appealing.

Im concerned about few things

1. Civic Vs swift what is the difference in daily fuel consumption.
    2. Some one told me that as compared to Civic, maintenance of swift is costly. (swift spare parts are costly as compared to Civic?)

I appreciate any feedback in this regard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RollOnBigMama bhai to bohat hoshiyaar hai
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    Actually I want to explain the mileage first thing is there is considerable difference between EXi and VTi mileage although the engine capacity differs by 100cc only, but VTi is entirely different engine. I did my internship as a Mechanical Engineer back in 2004 in Honda Atlas Factory.

As I have mentioned Earlier I have 60L cylinder and the mileage given above is with 10kg CNG. Let me tell you little bit history as well.

Civic EXi Prosmatec bought from first owner in May 2007 at 64000 km on petrol, did its 80000 km inspection thoroughly and got thankful to God that it was really 64000 km driven. Installed CNG on 70000 kms in Dec. 2007. It was used as second car till March 2011 when I sold my City 2002 EXIs.

Now it has done only 118000 kms, changed everything she needs with the OEM changed gear oil twice regularly tuned, running with 195/65-R14 Michelin Energy tires. And as mentioned above driving with a light foot.

Civic EXI manual 2003 got in April 2011 from first owner at 118000 kms on petrol total genuine except rear bumper, I paid much more money for its condition otherwise I coluld have got a medium condition EXi 2004 in that price as well.

Installed CNG in June 2011 and now it has done only 10000 km on CNG mileage is 127600 kms, when I got it to Honda authorised dealership for 100000 km checkup, including replacement of timing belts, bearing, all oils, disc pads etc. I again thank God that I got the nice vehicle as every thing has already been done with genuine OEM parts. The car has mostly been driven on M2. suspension everything in top class condition even better than my Civic EXi prosmatec 2002.

I have a different mind set I would prefer an old model car with superb condition with a technical know how first owner as compared to a newer model in average condition.

If I have to buy one I would prefer this one:

Used Honda Civic 2006 Car for sale in Lahore - 385252 | Pakwheels

Although the guy seems to be car dealer, but he has got nice thing, yesterday I saw this one on road in faisal town lahore, and yes its really in this condition, you may negotiate to get it for 11-11.5 and believe me if papers and other things are ok you wont regret a t all.
    1:Can you explain to me the difference to me between exi and vti,s engines?
    I know exi is 1500cc and vti is 1600cc.
    I have 2003 vti and I would like to know what should be the mileage of vti 1600cc on per litre petrol?
    I am getting 10-11kmpl max in city driving with ac.
    is this mileage ok or should it be more?

2:You might be right of getting more mileage because you have 60kg cylinder and my car has 55kg cylinder.
    I am getting 90 to 100km per cylinder in city driving with 55kg cylinder.
    is this mileage ok?
    and thanks for posting the ad but I dont want to buy it, I already have civic.
    *Come anyonymous... Leave nothing behind!*

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    ok sir we all vti owners are dumb here who are telling a lie.
    c'mon chap 11km/L wtf???
    its d16w9 not r18.my r18 gives such fuel average.
    ive not seen your car nor know about its history,but being a honda guy i strongly doubt at its mechanical condition(motor particularly).
    @all exi eats more than vti,vti's motor is electronically controlled, it runs on 12v mode at low throttle,and if u floor it,it runs at all 16valves.
    yes as ts a v.tec motor,after u floor the pedal,it hits the v.tec and all 16valves get operational,which obviously eat more,on the other hand exi has no such kick sorta thing.
    Yes 11kmpl is the best it does with ac in city driving.
    its vti and I drive it at very low rpm such as 2-3 rpm and I never got anything above 11kmpl in city driving.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[/COLOR][/B]
    same is in the case of civic 7th gen.
    Quite lame sort of comparison.
    its what i said that is the reason it has no comparison with civic at all,both are different league cars.
    then why the hell people prefer so called used dented painted vitz''s,markX,jdm alto's,lancers over local craps??why dont all buy new mehran instead of old vitz??
    agree if both cars under consideration belong to same league.
    no body is getting biased,u wont say somone biased if he prefers coure over mehran,margalla over kia classic etc,your behnoi owns swift,ive kept swift for 2months.no comparison with civic.regarding suni sunai batein.lol
    You mean that all the mentioned features present in a swift are also present in civic then how come if a swift guy says the same that his swift is having all the features in your civic?
    wont it be the other way around?
    is there any other, worth mentioneing feature present in civic that is not there is swift (apart from the trunk and the suzuki badge?)
    and as far as reconditioned imports are concerned than its totally a different story as the laws, the quality and the strictness in their countries are nothing like here.
    if a 2002 vitz is being reconditioned in japan according to their standards, replacing all the faulty parts in 2012 then to me it wont be a 2002 model anymore.
    a reconditioned car from japan and a car used in pakistan (mind the road conditions and do note that it is also not reconditioned)
    does it sounds like a fair comparison to you?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[/COLOR][/B]
    ouch you forgot,u later mentioned 11km/l if i'm not mistaken.
    lol.
    yes we do.
    yes yes yes chap,you got it perfectly right.
    yes it gives 10kmpl on average and 11kmpl is the best recorded mileage in city by me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[/COLOR][/B]
    total genuine,white colour,only 38k driven,2006 vti,isb regd.my dad sold it for 1280k about 3months back,when there is a will,there is a way for sure.
    ok,then you say it sensible to compare cars of two hell different leagues?? its just like comparing a dog with a cat,a horse with a donkey,i dinosaur with a camel etc.
    its what we have been doing here chap.
    You might be right about your father selling a vti in outstanding condition but my little bro cases like these are very very rare.
    step out in the market and search for a completely genuine car with no tampering in the meter and then you,ll realize that how difficult it is to find clean vti,s out there.
    situation was different a couple of years back but now such cars are very rare to find and that too finding a vti is a difficult task.

how do you specify the cars and place them in different leagues?
    care to explain?
    I think the only reason you are presenting is the presence of trunk of civic or is it due to the difference in the engines?
    if 1300 cc vs 1500cc or 1600cc is not a fair comparison than why is city compared with civic or altis?
    Ok to cut story short can you give me some good legitimate reasons that why civic cannot be compared with swift? (apart from those lame reasons which include civic has trunk, it is fast, it has class etc etc)
    any proper legitimate reason behind your verdict?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

@RollOnBigMama bhai to bohat hoshiyaar hai
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    yes it gives 10kmpl on average and 11kmpl is the best recorded mileage in city by me.
    Aah! beefy sir... Just a for u so far.

Sir, as far as I can understand, and see, u have the following points in civic vs swift:

-finding a civic in good nick is impossible
    -swift is new
    -civic is old crap
    -trunk, bigger interior, more power, better technology are lame things to be taken into comparison
    -civic's mileage sucks.
    -ur civic seriously needs tuning... (sarcasm)
    -we, 5 civic owners other than you, are dumb and wrong.
    - may be we dudes are biased about honda, as we are secret agents against Suzuki.

Sir g, first of all, let me tell you that EVERYTHING is possible in this world. Impossible just takes longer. Even in this case, u've got an only 14k km driven brand new exi for sale in front of ur eyes.

Yes of course swift is new. BUT, , it doesn't vanish away all the plus points in another car. Civic is still a better, tougher, powerful, complete family sedan, one of the best in its class...

Sir, yes, civic is not a car made for economy. But still, its mileage does not suck. At least u can try to get better mileage from ur car. But instead, sorry to say, u simply want to stick to ur own opinion.

my suggestion is that get its tappets adjusted, use a fuel injector cleaner and consume a full tank of petrol with some HOBC added to it...

Lastly sir, LOL, . who has ever compared a city to altis, civic to gli...? can u show me ANY example?

The comparison is always between city and GLi and civic vs altis.

And sir, kasam say, we are not biased in any way. We agree to ur points. Commenting is everyone's right on an open forum.

Its you who are stuck to ur opinion that swift is better just because its new...
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

is there any other, worth mentioneing feature present in civic that is not there is swift (apart from the trunk and the suzuki badge?)
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post

but outta all the facts u've mentioned, is there anything in swift thats missing in civic?

If the question be put vice versa, then let me tell u my dear bro that civic, being 8 years old:

-still has EVERYthing u mentioned in swift.
    -still is 1.5L and 1.6L
    (trunk not worth mentioning)
    -still has better interior as well as exterior build quailty.
    -still is bigger and roomy.
    -still doesn't let newer and bigger cars have "the awesome fly by feel" on highways.

Plus
    civic is more stable
    civic has 4 wheel discs
    civic has better suspension
    civic has rear flat cabin floor
    civic has separate low and hi beams
    civic has better looks...

Are these enough?

Why and how? justify your verdict with some solid reason?
    I know both lie in different categories but that does not means that they cannot be compared with each other.
    sir, don't the cars lying in different categories have DIFFERENCES?

Yes they have differences worth mentioning sir. and thats what we all are doing here...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aah! beefy sir... Just a for u so far.

Sir, as far as I can understand, and see, u have the following points in civic vs swift:

-finding a civic in good nick is impossible
    -swift is new
    -civic is old crap
    -trunk, bigger interior, more power, better technology are lame things to be taken into comparison
    -civic's mileage sucks.
    -ur civic seriously needs tuning... (sarcasm)
    -we, 5 civic owners other than you, are dumb and wrong.
    - may be we dudes are biased about honda, as we are secret agents against Suzuki.

Sir g, first of all, let me tell you that EVERYTHING is possible in this world. Impossible just takes longer. Even in this case, u've got an only 14k km driven brand new exi for sale in front of ur eyes.

Yes of course swift is new. BUT, , it doesn't vanish away all the plus points in another car. Civic is still a better, tougher, powerful, complete family sedan, one of the best in its class...

Sir, yes, civic is not a car made for economy. But still, its mileage does not suck. At least u can try to get better mileage from ur car. But instead, sorry to say, u simply want to stick to ur own opinion.

my suggestion is that get its tappets adjusted, use a fuel injector cleaner and consume a full tank of petrol with some HOBC added to it...

Lastly sir, LOL, . who has ever compared a city to altis, civic to gli...? can u show me ANY example?

The comparison is always between city and GLi and civic vs altis.

And sir, kasam say, we are not biased in any way. We agree to ur points. Commenting is everyone's right on an open forum.

Its you who are stuck to ur opinion that swift is better just because its new...
    ahhh!!!
    my dear brother you still dont understand what Im trying to say, do you?
    I own a civic and love my car to bits, when did I mention that civic is crap?
    the points Im debating on are that I never got more than 11kmpl in city driving in my civic and having more hondas in the family I have concluded that this is the mileage that it normally gives.
    Im not whining about its poor mileage or complaining that its mileage is poor or it should be more because Im satisfied with the performance of my car and it is an understood fact that you cannot get mileage and performance from one vehicle at the same time.
    pretty clear huh?
    now the thing Im debating on is that how is this possible that almost 3 same cars in the family, 2 similar with friends are giving the same mileage which is around 100km in one full cng cylinder and 10kmpl on gasoline.
    even if we suppose that somthing is wrong with my car than why are the other 5 cars giving the exact same mileage?
    how in the world is this possible that one guy is getting 200kms and the other getting only 135-140kms from the very same car?
    how much affect can the driving style make?
    also did I mention that I drive at very low rpm?

About that 14,000km driven almost brand new exi civic, as I already mentioned such cases are very rare now.
    you should also keep in mind the headache and the effort you have to put in in finding such a car where are as one can buy a zero meter swift without facing any such problem directly from showroom with warranty.

Now coming to the comparisone between swift and civic,
    ever heard of the term depreciation?
    do you know why is it calculated on old and used assets?
    I hope you are also familiar with the wear and tear a vehicle undergoes during its normal usage and running.
    can you compare a set of fresh unused tires with tires that have been driven 40,000kms?
    even if the used tires are bridgestones or michelins can one deny the age factor and the wear and tear they undergo during their usage?
    on the other hand a set of fresh tires even if its general would be good for atleast the first 20,000kms
    so this is the point my dear brother Im trying to make that no matter what, zero meter car has its own appeal and advantages.
    it will ensure you atleast 2 years of trouble free ride where as a 7 year old car, even a civic can have reliability issues due to the normal wear and tear in mechanical parts due to its usage.
    even if use with extreme care you cannot eliminate the mechanical wear and tear taking place in it.
    yes you can minimize it and bring it down it to lower levels by taking proper measures so the life of the car can be increased but it cannot be neglected.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here you go:

Plus
    civic is more stable
    civic has 4 wheel discs
    civic has better suspension
    civic has rear flat cabin floor
    civic has separate low and hi beams
    civic has better looks...

Are these enough?

sir, don't the cars lying in different categories have DIFFERENCES?

Yes they have differences worth mentioning sir. and thats what we all are doing here...
    stability of swift uptill 140km/h is outstanding and comparable with civic however the handling of civic is also cool.
    no doubt about the brakes of civic. they are excellent but swift brakes are also excellent too, (however civic takes the lead here)
    I didnt found any problems with the suspension of swift
    they were comfortable and car is stable with good grip.
    the point where civic leads is the rear independant suspension arms which resluts in slightly better handling but makes the ride stiff.
    yes in this department civic is better with more space in rear seats and flat floor (I clearly mentioned in my starting post that swift is doesnot offer ample space for passengers sitting in the back)
    okay yes you are right but have you driven a swift?
    the power beams are fantastic and give you a clear view at night, the seperate beams is a plus point but as far as the light at night is concerned, swift wont let you down.
    better looks?
    it is in the eye of the viewer imo that which car has better looks, like in my eye the 06 civic has better looks than a reborn where as many will differ from my opinion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

200 on full cylinder. ???? On a single cylinder or two cylinders attached to each other. ???
    If on a single,,,,, then Not possible man. I M READY TO BET..
    Mine gives 100-110 in city
    Whereas 120-130 on highways.
    And sometimes low, because of cng pressure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And yes used civic far much better than swift..
    Its better to get vitz if u want hatchback,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shumsoh View Post
    200 on full cylinder. ???? On a single cylinder or two cylinders attached to each other. ???
    If on a single,,,,, then Not possible man. I M READY TO BET..
    Mine gives 100-110 in city
    Whereas 120-130 on highways.
    And sometimes low, because of cng pressure.
    Thats what I have been saying all this time and in reply I have been told that my car is not properly tuned etc etc.
    I have 55kg cylinder and my car gives 100kms in one full cylinder in city driving with ac and 135-140kms on highways in one full cylinder.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Maybe MOAAKIL helps the civic to gives 200 in a single cylinder.
    (or jinn saya) offcourse a good jinn,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

honda vs swift war
    i did read 3 pages but long long posts on page 4 n em ill,cant read em

i also own a vti oriel prosmatic 2004
    i was facing bad mileage when i bought it but then got it tuned,mobiloil changed,air filter n oil filter changed,serviced,ac serviced,added cooling coil filters,tires serviced,rest steering oil,gear oil,n brake oil were up to the mark so didnt changed them,battery water changed,+ its cng cylinder was loose,got that fixed
    i guess that sums up everything maybe missed something

btw does it matters if u get the stuff done from mechanics rather than honda guys since i heard they are a rip off?
    anyways before the mileage was bad but now its quite better
    i guess maybe auto eats more than manual ones
    + it has tires of profile 205/65/R15
    i drive it usually with light foot 1-2k rpm but sometimes i floor the pedal full so this time i checked the mileage with light foot most of the time but heavy foot when i got empty road,rpm shifts were at more than 5k
    all this driving without AC but 5min of AC on parked car,that too by shop guy
    khair mileage was 75km n CNG got filled for 530rs from G11 pump,i guess the pressure was 200-220
    so 530/75=7rs
    so is it good mileage(after the cng prices raised)?considering the light foot with heavy at times,+this car is used as second car

P.S
    its a 55k cylinder

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar no point asking here as there are many swift,civic fanboys here. Buy the car that u like u wont regret it.
    Peace
    WaazZZAAAaa xD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You mean that all the mentioned features present in a swift are also present in civic then how come if a swift guy says the same that his swift is having all the features in your civic?
    and as far as reconditioned imports are concerned than its totally a different story as the laws, the quality and the strictness in their countries are nothing like here.
    if a 2002 vitz is being reconditioned in japan according to their standards, replacing all the faulty parts in 2012 then to me it wont be a 2002 model anymore.
    a reconditioned car from japan and a car used in pakistan (mind the road conditions and do note that it is also not reconditioned)
    does it sounds like a fair comparison to you?

hahaha...ahan?ok here you go chap.
    reconditioned cars were mentioned just to give an example that those are used too, phenomena ''used'' is ''used'' no matters used here,in u.k.in u.s.a,in maldives,in vietnam.in bangladesh bla bla bla,used is used,now u'l say roads of pk are difrnt from japan etc,yes there is a difrnce but c'mon budd pakistan has good enough roads now which are bearable by civics and swifts atleast.
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You might be right about your father selling a vti in outstanding condition but my little bro cases like these are very very rare.
    step out in the market and search for a completely genuine car with no tampering in the meter and then you,ll realize that how difficult it is to find clean vti,s out there.
    situation was different a couple of years back but now such cars are very rare to find and that too finding a vti is a difficult task.

how do you specify the cars and place them in different leagues?
    care to explain?
    I think the only reason you are presenting is the presence of trunk of civic or is it due to the difference in the engines?
    if 1300 cc vs 1500cc or 1600cc is not a fair comparison than why is city compared with civic or altis?
    Ok to cut story short can you give me some good legitimate reasons that why civic cannot be compared with swift? (apart from those lame reasons which include civic has trunk, it is fast, it has class etc etc)
    any proper legitimate reason behind your verdict?
    my neighbour owns one in black,68k driven,total genuine,tell me u want it??i can quote here helllot of pristine 7th gens man....
    different leagues???
    hell......first of all its not all about trunk noob,trunk makes a hatch sedan???you smokin weed or what???hell lot of engineering is involved behind these designs,ok you mean you can make mehran or even swift a sedan by just attaching a trunk at a$$??lol joke of the century.
    ok here you go with yardstick which frames principal difrnces.
    1)body weight.
    2)body type.(sedan,hatch,suv etc).now dont tell me landcruiser is no matter bigger than swift and got a bigger engine and still swift can be compared with landcruiser??
    3)engine power(not displacement size should be equal or atleast close).
    4)safety measures.
    5)braking,handling,roadgrip,acceleration is what defines luxury even in same league.
    its what i'm sayng both are on the top of respective leagues but its hell childish to even think of comparing both.
    lol who compared city with civic or altis??lolololol...
    yes we did compare 7th gen civic 1.6 with altis 1.8 because both had same engine power i.e 130hp
    i think this was enough to tell a sane guy about the ground facts,if you still dint grab it,i have the same question from you,compare chevy joy or spark with swift,yes poor 1.0L chevy with swif.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List