Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By muradi
  • 1 Post By sunhonbun
  • 1 Post By usmanulamin
  • 1 Post By hamid.ali.abbasi

Thread: Daihatsu Esse, to Buy or Not to?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daihatsu Esse, to Buy or Not to?

Thinking abt Buying a Daihatsu Esse. Did not find any opinion on forums and Fan Club. Owners of Esse Plz Advice about Milage, Pickup, AC and Heat up Issue

Jugail

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Never drove one but checked an esse once in a showroom it was awesome, very cute lookin car.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a cute well designed car. But parts will be a real issue in future.
    SURPLUS STUFF.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Test drive one Esse here in Hyderabad, Good Car but Ride was very hard. It had Low Profile Tires.
    Any Esse Owner Can confirm It`s Ride? How Comfrtble it is?
    Jugail

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Resold
    Off Market car
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awefull Car, no drive, transmission issues, A.C issues, ugly looks, no resale, no parts, my cousin bought one and he was fed up of it in two days, the compressor blew up and no replacement, tried selling it but no avail, after spending a hectic day at sunday car bazaar he was able to sell it,
    Also met many owners of esse who complained about it.
    Never buy ESSE or any other off market jdm
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Awefull Car, no drive, transmission issues, A.C issues, ugly looks, no resale, no parts, my cousin bought one and he was fed up of it in two days, the compressor blew up and no replacement, tried selling it but no avail, after spending a hectic day at sunday car bazaar he was able to sell it,
    Thank you for your valueable Reply Brother.
    Jugail

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your cousin's car might be an abused one or a defective one!! Esse is the best 660cc car that i have ever driven i would say!! All the cons that you have stated above are baseless...
    The driving experience is awesome... i have taken it to 130kph speed on gt road just for testing purpose and the driving pleasure, ride comfort and road grip was amazing...the way the car handles is awesome and its easy to maneuver because it has very small turning radius...tranny is also very smooth! AC is chilling considering a 660cc engine...parts are easily available in lahore even windscreens ...and yes as far as resale is considered i sold mine in just a couple of days and have seen people searching for esse in market and even dealers and investors buying them readily
    i thought that you are a sensible guy as you have a plethora of posts regarding JDM s but i guess all you do here is just brag about your mira es or swift like immature fanboys and nothing more

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    your cousin's car might be an abused one or a defective one!! Esse is the best 660cc car that i have ever driven i would say!! All the cons that you have stated above are baseless...
    The driving experience is awesome... i have taken it to 130kph speed on gt road just for testing purpose and the driving pleasure, ride comfort and road grip was amazing...the way the car handles is awesome and its easy to maneuver because it has very small turning radius...tranny is also very smooth! AC is chilling considering a 660cc engine...parts are easily available in lahore even windscreens ...and yes as far as resale is considered i sold mine in just a couple of days and have seen people searching for esse in market and even dealers and investors buying them readily
    i thought that you are a sensible guy as you have a plethora of posts regarding JDM s but i guess all you do here is just brag about your mira es or swift like immature fanboys and nothing more
    Excuse me, i brag about mira e;s
    please have a look at this thread
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...le#post4546588
    Regarding Swift, i appreciated the quality of car made in my country, is that bragging, hmm, if something is good, i would appreciate it and if not i won't, will u tell me if ESSE is so good, why is it a flop over here? , i kept an Otti too, but i never brag about it because i know its fuel consumption isn't good, i also kept a 2 door mira and if u search all my posts regarding it, u will know that i never recommended it to anyone, i kept Mira E;S and still recommended people to buy jdm alto instead of it, search my posts because i felt that alto has much better pick and drive than Mira E;S, recently a fellow pwheelr hashsohail was asking me about buying mira e;s in replacement of city, i told him that it would be a bad decision as i my self felt a huge diff. I don't want my brothers to get stuck with a machine which can make their lives miserable because i know how painful it is searching parts in markets and getting altered stuff fitted in it which destroys the Vehicle.
    As far as ESSE is concerned i can give u many references of people who bought esse and regreted, if it is such a good car, why don't we see it much on the roads, why have dealers stopped importing it? why isn't there any credible info of esse on pw. why don't i see adds of esse on newspapers? If u go to Khalid bin waleed road, The biggest car market of Karachi, u would hardly see 2 or 3 esse's out of millions of cars, i myself was interested in buying this car, but people stopped me from buying it.
    I kept 3 Vitz, i even recieved calls from random people asking me about Vitz and i told them the real practical avg it gives and its famous knocking and vibrating issues, if i wanted i could have praised the car and tell people " Yar Vitz kya gari hai, toyota hai, buht zabardast Aala gari hai, but i don't want anyone cursing me later on,
    Swift really impressed me and i was happy to see that finally something good has been introduced in my country.
    I have been strongly offended by your post bro , i wasn't expecting such a post from a member like u, but still if u think i am mis guiding people i will now never give advice to people and if u feel that my posts r useless and misguiding, i am ready to leave pakwheels
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh @muradi !! dont get so much emotional!! pagley ab rulaey ga kya i apologise if i seemed a bit harsh to u and if you got offended by my above post....plz plz dont even think of leaving pakwheels...maybe esse is not that much successful in khi...and you are right about vitz!! its the most over rated car i would say..the 2005 onwards model... but still we find plenty of vitz everywhere ....anyways cheer up and start participating in healthy discussions over here with double zeal and enthusiasm afterall we all are car freaks over here and learn from each other s experiences

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunhonbun View Post
    oh @muradi !! dont get so much emotional!! pagley ab rulaey ga kya i apologise if i seemed a bit harsh to u and if you got offended by my above post....plz plz dont even think of leaving pakwheels...maybe esse is not that much successful in khi...and you are right about vitz!! its the most over rated car i would say..the 2005 onwards model... but still we find plenty of vitz everywhere ....anyways cheer up and start participating in healthy discussions over here with double zeal and enthusiasm afterall we all are car freaks over here
    Its fine, and im sorry if my post hurted u , maybe Esse might be popular in Lahore
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its fine, and im sorry if my post hurted u , maybe Esse might be popular in Lahore
    Hehe not that much popular but still u can find them on roads and showrooms frequently

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am driving the Esse Custom since past 1.5 Year, i own a Mira as well, comfort wise mira is better but drive wise ESSE is the BEST!! Excellent pick, smooth acceleration, i took the car on 135km/h on motorway without any issues, no bubbling etc and the car could still go up.

You can go through my complete review here:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...min?highlight=

I'd recommend the car if you have a small family.

Alhumdulillah, since i have bought the car, i have not faced any issues at all other then the fan motor which got the carbon cells problems last week but it was easily repaired for 800rs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanulamin View Post
    I am driving the Esse Custom since past 1.5 Year, i own a Mira as well, comfort wise mira is better but drive wise ESSE is the BEST!! Excellent pick, smooth acceleration, i took the car on 135km/h on motorway without any issues, no bubbling etc and the car could still go up.

You can go through my complete review here:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...min?highlight=

I'd recommend the car if you have a small family.

Alhumdulillah, since i have bought the car, i have not faced any issues at all other then the fan motor which got the carbon cells problems last week but it was easily repaired for 800rs.
    The Only prob with the car which I saw, Tested here was that it was Very Hard, not Comfertbl at all. may be Some Shock or Coil Spring Fault with The car? it was 2006, 2011 reg Blue colr, orignl paint, auto ac, alloy rim with low profile tires. Deal was Almost Done in 610k. Was it a Good Deal Or Not?
    Jugail

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Esse is the best 660cc car I've ever driven, amazing mileage, excellent acceleration, I've been driving an esse for the past 6 month's and believe me, i am in love with the car, no issues, n if you wanna buy an esse buy a manual warna you might regret it :p

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List