Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08?

Asalam o alaikum all brothers,
    Iam planning to buy a merc and needs your expert and valuable views on the subject Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08!
    which one do you suggest me to buy and where i can find a well kept merc, plz
    i value your opinion and waiting for favourable replies.
    Bundle of thanks in anticipation to all!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

both r different segments.. if money ain't the issue.. better opt for E..
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx dear.
    What's the heads up on the prices of fully loaded Like panoramic, avantgarde etc E200 and avantgarde /AMG C200??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no such thing as amg in c200 mate amg is only for c63. Rest is all sport kit which I think what your asking for and if you go into the search car section on pakwheels you will get a good idea of the prices these days.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If its your first time buying a Merc, I'd recommend the C Class. Its easier to understand and handle than the E Class. Cars with the AMG appearance package scrape their underside over every speedbreaker. Mine doesn't have the AMG kit but still scrapes speedbreakers as almost all Mercs have low ground clearence. So, you have to be a bit careful when driving in a bumpy area. Mine is a late 2007 W204 C Class with the full COMMAND APS Navigation system which is a rare feautre in most imported Mercs. It had the latest version of navigation, the NTG 4.5 of that time. Mine doesn't have the internet facility though as it came in the later years. You should be able to find one with the internet feature too. Some even came with paddle shifters and the Agility sport package which had an extra sport button on the center console. Some have heated seats and front/rear parking sensors.
    The E Class is obviously better than the C Class as its bigger. No E Class came standard with the panaromic roof nor the navigation unit. You will have to search lots of showrooms to find a top spec E Class and they will be costly. A top spec, clean and properly maintained C Class with the panaromic roof, the AMG kit, the full Command unit will be around 3.6 million Rupees and an E Class with the same features will be around 3.8-4.5 million (give or take a few lakhs). Base trims are cheaper, manual ones go for less than 2.8 million. Only get those with proper maintenance history as it will tell you a lot about the car's mechanical health. Do not get the diesel variants as we don't get proper diesel here. We get low quality diesel here which destroys the injectors. Moreover, diesel variants need to be driven at least 20KMs daily to keep them in good nick.
    One more thing, the cheapest Merc will end up being the most expensive one in maintenance.
    The hardest part about moving forward is not looking back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx John2 for education on AMG, however prices on pakwheels has lot of variations.

Akramsalman.164 your comments are very comprehensive and answered many questions.
    you are rite, I'm buying merc for the first time but follow blogs and reviews on merc since long,, couldn't buy one before due to professional engagements.
    Ur comments will surely add and valued by all those want to join the merc club.
    few more things required to be clarified as how to check and what to check before buying a merc, specially for the people like me who will buy it for the first time.
    how one can be sure about the merc he is buying is well maintained with genuine milage?
    How to inspect and those who have little knowledge, where they should take the car to inspect?
    What all to be seen/observe during the inspection and?
    what to check during the ride?
    How to check which features/ options the car has?
    i will appreciate if anyone can write his personal experience on above question.
    I'm sure ur valuable contribution on the subject will benefit many of us!
    once again thnx to all who posted their comments.
    Takko, you said about my budget, well its between 3-4mn, and since I'm buying it for the first time so i want to use the experience of my brothers to find something note worthy! as few of the people suffered buying a merc and spent much more on maintenance!! and i don't wanna be one of them

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, i think that if you are buying mercedes then if your pocket allows you, atleast go for the E Class. Then you will take the full joy of the ride. If you are going to buy any car, check for any malfunctioning on the speedometer, because in mercedes the car will tell you everything itself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everybody!
    Plz do find some time and move the thread ahead by posting your suggestions and experience.
    And if any one has a good merc of above models do share with the contact numbers.
    waiting for a good response!
    regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am quoting this thread by @arzaam.bhatti when you have the time, go through the whole thread that will give you a brilliant overlook into merc ownership and maintenance https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242670
    And as far as your purchase is concerned well you are spending 3-4 million don't be afraid of spending 10-20k on getting the vehicle fully checked by shah nawaz they will give the vehicle a full physical check plus put it on the computer and will give you a comprehensive report of its maintenance history and what needs to be done etc and please don't be surprised to find more than half the cars with reversed mileage and skimped on the maintenance etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Important !!!

thnxs Sufian for ur suggestions. i have logged on to the thread u suggested and its very informative.i have searched few E200 W211 but found most of them as standard with no or few options. But so far didn't see an E Class which has clicked me !!During my search i also saw few C200 W204 and found them good with reasonable prices. BUT the one very strange thing i heard from a person who is keeping Merc since long as he suggested to me that Don't buy a C Class W204 (specially C180) and buy only E W211, and its better to buy a Corolla or Honda than a C Class W204 as honda and corolla is more comfortable than CW204!!! well his statement took me by surprise as there r many who are keeping C Class W204 and they cherish it.My question here:- is the man right about C class and if "yes" is rite than why so many are keeping it????? and is C class uncomfortable comparing to Corolla or Honda???""""I'm really confused by his statement about C class"""Need expert view on the question, plz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir have u driven the w211 and the w204?
    Previously I would have suggested you to buy an E but the w204 has a very different feel to it it's more agile and responsive.The w203 w202 w211 all feel and handle the same way, soft sluggish quite.On the other hand the interior of the E class is great but trust me you won't find a clean piece easily.May I suggest u buy a c200 with blue efficiency u will definitely have no problem in maint and fuel Eco .
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite27 View Post
    thnxs Sufian for ur suggestions. i have logged on to the thread u suggested and its very informative.i have searched few E200 W211 but found most of them as standard with no or few options. But so far didn't see an E Class which has clicked me !!During my search i also saw few C200 W204 and found them good with reasonable prices. BUT the one very strange thing i heard from a person who is keeping Merc since long as he suggested to me that Don't buy a C Class W204 (specially C180) and buy only E W211, and its better to buy a Corolla or Honda than a C Class W204 as honda and corolla is more comfortable than CW204!!! well his statement took me by surprise as there r many who are keeping C Class W204 and they cherish it.My question here:- is the man right about C class and if "yes" is rite than why so many are keeping it????? and is C class uncomfortable comparing to Corolla or Honda???""""I'm really confused by his statement about C class"""Need expert view on the question, plz

no i wouldn't say he is ablsoutely right. w204 is bigger than corolla and honda but not by a big margin. the AMG kit models have lowered suspension and 18inch wheels with low profile tyres so they definitely have a little harsher ride but the normal elegance or avantgauard ones with 16inch rims have a comfy ride. if think all mercedes cars are soft and squidgy then you'll be wrong they are pretty taught and agile even the seats will not be soft, they are meant to hold you in the proper position. its a mercedes not a lexus.

w211 is less taughtly sprung then w204 and obviously also has a better ride comfort and space and better seats.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you have already read my thread, as far as choosing between these two goes i would personally go for w211. it would give a better overall Mercedes experience, its a bigger car and for this price i dont think w204 is that good a value. optional extras vary from car to car but both are similarly equipped on basic trims. in the end it depends on the car which i find in the best condition.

if your priority of driving experience is higher go for w204. if you want the overall authentic mercedes experience E class would be better. keep in mind maintainience costs are similar for both though it may vary on engine choice which model you get, some things on the E will be more expensive though so keep it mind.

in the end you have to buy the car see and sit in both and i think you'll be a better judge of what you like then what any of us can recommend here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as far as mechanicals go you will have basic knowledge after reading my thread, if you are serious about a particular car you can tell us that car details like which variant e200, e240 etc and we can give you specific advice on what to look for in that rest before even visiting here are some prerequisites to determine if the car is even worth it like it should have full service history with all jobs done on time, not just oil changes and sparkles. the owner should himself be maintaining it not his driver. and no warning light however small the owner may tell you should be present.

as far as places to buy are concerned just dont buy a mercedes from a dealer, i have seen them to be in woeful condition most of the time. make sure no odometer roll back and also do make sure no accident or repaint, its suprinsgly common to find this issue on w204 especially ones imported from UK. if the owner has the Uk plates or knows the uk reg number run a online check on uk websites and see if it was a insurance write off or CAT C etc damage. again a bit common.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnx Marschall for ur suggestion, my options between C and E Class are very open. I think blue efficiency is tough to find and moreover people are asking above 4million for them. In My range only C200 2007/08 model are the best fit. One more thing as opine by the friends that W204 has very less road clearance and brushes on every speed breaker?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by exquisite27 View Post
    thnx Marschall for ur suggestion, my options between C and E Class are very open. I think blue efficiency is tough to find and moreover people are asking above 4million for them. In My range only C200 2007/08 model are the best fit. One more thing as opine by the friends that W204 has very less road clearance and brushes on every speed breaker?
    The E class has that leveling suspension thing idk whats its called but in short it doesn't sag if u got three adults and luggage, the w203 didnt have this capability but i think the w204 has. Better you check it out yourself on other forums my friend has a w204 it was Jap config so i didnt notice any brushing maybe ur right also if u get a w204 which was imported by shahnawaz it will be raised by 15mm for Pakistani roads.Rest it is upto you i really enjoyed the drive of the w204 very responsive and on a personal note i think a e200 kompressor will be underpowered. My uncle kept a w211 it was v v comfortable but a bit of a gas guzzler.
    "Stand by your glasses steady and drink to your comrade's eyes.
    Here's a toast to the dead already and hurrah for the next to die."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx Arzaam for your comments.
    presently i have short listed one E200 2006 model but its shape in 2007 and upon inquiry the owner said its all original from the factory and shape is not lifted here. it has traversed around 100k and a standard merc but has a maintenance history and isb registered. its been well kept by the owner who is only keeping merc since long. no touching etc and as per his statement the milage in original. keeping in view the above pen picture, what could be the approx price of this Merc?
    2nd,, is there any difference of price between Isb/Lhr and Khi registered merc and does registration has any bearing on resale of the Merc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Marschall, in C Class i have seen few good cars specially the one with AMG specs, and as Arzaam said above that with 18' rim and body kits, lot of extra care is required specially on our so called speed breakers (i mostly grade them as car breakers).
    how is ur opinion about its clearance with 4-5 members?
    So far i have not validated an
    advantage or Elegance on the same line in C Class.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mercedes E200 2007/08 or Merc C200 2007/08??

It's called airmatic
    It's a expensive option and not all w211s have it infact few do. There's another option on top of that called ABC which is adaptive damping. Otherwise It has standard suspension like on w203
    W204 on the other hand has something called agility control suspension on base models which is basically automatic damping not air suspension. User cannot adjust or raise height or anything on this , agility control package was a option available but very few cars have it that let you adjust the damping to soft or hard but no control over height. AMG package w204 has none of that and standard stiffer shocks

W204 is not that low to cause a issue. W203 is even lower than 204 and even so with rear passengers it only scrapes on 25% of the speed breakers in Lahore but only if you cross head on

It's not a issue for majority of the time.

W211 and 204 share the same basic engine in c180 and e200 guise so similar economy only w211 is heavier so it's slightly worse but not bad if everything is fine. My w203 has better economy than my Altis on highway .

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List