0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking Audi A3 First Impressions

Pre-Ordered In August. delivered yesterday
    First Impressions:Audi A3 First Impressions -1514204
    Excellent ride, with dual clutch and 07 speed s-tronic you wont feel the gear changes at all. 180hp power shows itself when you put your foot down, compact yet very powerful and beautiful (new Leds and body shape, lines do make it look better than a4 & other old gen cars in Pakistan) . Quite spacious, I am 5'11" and i felt very comfortable in the back however 03 people in the back wont be a very good idea for long ride unless one of them is a kid.
    features wise: 10 way powered seats with 04 way lumbar support. Leather interior, leather steering wheel, New MMI is amazing and offer excellent features, info & is very ease to browse through menus. 10 speakers 180w sound is really impressive. All the basic level luxury features are there like weather control, interior lighting, keyless boot opening, parking assist with sensors on the back, 07 Airbags etc etc. you don't have to spend a single dime above 4.5 million.
    This car offers one of the best value for money deals, period. If you are thinking of buying it, just do it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It is too damn cramped in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums
    https://www.facebook.com/hidefcars

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol hardly 2 ppl in back fit comfortably not ti mention tall ppl will not fit easily!!
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    I have driven the A3 saloon its a nice little nippy ride, loved the handling compared to the CLA but ride was hard maybe im more used to my A6. The A3 fits Pakistan road well but it doesn't hold a presence on the road, when compared to BMW or Mercedes. Glad finally Audi are getting frequent on Pakistan roads. Audi A5 Sport back and Audi A6 are best but the Pakistani mentality still needs to evolve in my view. We still prefer 2nd hand Mercedes and Land cruisers over brand new audis and BMW.

Couldnt stop laughing at the thought audi marketing the A3 as limousine!
    A3 limousine is usually called A3 sedan in Germany....even i ask them (Audi Pak) why using limousine even if u know its simple compact sedan....they came up with stories tht German tend to called it limousine instead of sedan so better stick with this word.....as we all know wat limousine really is
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    ^lol this limosine is much more smaller inside than corolla or civic
    actually its lil bigger from inside but smaller from outside from length.....i have all 3 cars in my home n measured it myself

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol hardly 2 ppl in back fit comfortably not ti mention tall ppl will not fit easily!!
    actually even i thought it wud be cramped to fit two large 6+ ft tall guys to fit it in the back but to my surprised my two guards sit easily n both r 6'1"......for 3 ppl its uncomfortable n i wont let 3 ppl sit at the back

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My audi dealership gave me today the A3 sline 2ltr in black today till my car got it service to be honest was very impressed cabin was gr8 compared to the Mercedes cla its got a kick to it revs beautifully gr8 to park easily in tight places. I liked it soo much asked the price tag ?23000 pounds for a 1.4 sline in petrol ?20,000 for a 2 ltr diesel one s line tempted but then once u driven the A6 S line 2013 which is what I have wouldn't wana change to a small one. Audi A7 sport back is just a beauty to look at the lights and that grill is just a treat to look at.

Here is my A6
    Audi A3 First Impressions -1581561
    BUG ME AND I WILL CRASH INTO U!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The A3 is not as small as most people think. The rear seats are way better than CLA. I am average height and my head was touching the roof when I sat in the back of CLA which I found extremely uncomfortable. Even the C class is disappointing when it comes to rear seats. But logically speaking none of these cars are meant to be chauffeur driven with the owner sitting at the back. They are more driver focused and fun to drive. I think A3 is still the best value for money in Pakistan and if you can spend more than A6 would be a good choice.

I did some research on exterior dimensions of various cars available in Pakistan and here are my findings

Audi A3 First Impressions -1581568

So it turns out the the A3 is 2 inches wider than the Civic but 4 inches shorter in length and that too is mostly at the trunk area!
    Supercar-like acceleration, Rallycar-like grip, Seats four friends, Certain to attract attention... EVO VIII

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir for a regular family this vehicle is not recommended due to its small interior at the back.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It looks like a nice car brother mashallah best of luck with it but I test drove an A3 here it seemed pretty underpowered and @fouadbakht is right the interior is cramped but then I found it cramped in the A4 as well not sure if its a personal perspective thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_jenkins View Post
    It looks like a nice car brother mashallah best of luck with it but I test drove an A3 here it seemed pretty underpowered and @fouadbakht is right the interior is cramped but then I found it cramped in the A4 as well not sure if its a personal perspective thing.
    Underpowered? Must be 1.2tfsi engine.....but if u drive 1.8tfsi which is faster than A4 1.8tfsi n A6 1.8tfsi both

A3 is not family car, Audi has made this car for for single youngsters ppl...in europe n US mostly ppl age under 35 r the main buyer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My audi dealership gave me today the A3 sline 2ltr in black today till my car got it service to be honest was very impressed cabin was gr8 compared to the Mercedes cla its got a kick to it revs beautifully gr8 to park easily in tight places. I liked it soo much asked the price tag ?23000 pounds for a 1.4 sline in petrol ?20,000 for a 2 ltr diesel one s line tempted but then once u driven the A6 S line 2013 which is what I have wouldn't wana change to a small one. Audi A7 sport back is just a beauty to look at the lights and that grill is just a treat to look at.

Here is my A6
    Audi A3 First Impressions -1581561
    Any person who come from bigger car will find A3 very small even i felt too small as i used to have markx but i got separate car for family....i usually drive A3 alone or with my wife but not with kids

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Sie werden besser als zu tun,

Quote Originally Posted by leroy_jenkins View Post
    You are very right. Actually, its a good thing that Audi has taken the initiative with the intention of aggressively pitching its A3 against top of the line Civics and Corollas on one hand and Premios, Camrys and similar JDMs on the other not to mention the MB C Class (C180 to be more precise). Its a positive move but not a good one necessarily. The rear leg room/space is a serious issue that cannot be overlooked in Pakistan at least where Coupes are not favored easily over regular 4-door sedans. While Audi with its A3 is a bet to introduce a work around the Coupe thing, nonetheless, the additional two doors and a boot with lid just don't cut it when it comes to the rear space. Of course two tall men can be fixed (I didn't say seated.....Please note) in the rear but then that's about it. Its a car for single people, a couple based on two only and max of double daters.
    Don't get me wrong here. I was head over heels when I checked out the A3 few weeks back and tried forcing myself to somehow like the rear space, but even as impulsive as I am, nothing else quite worked. I even asked Audi to allow me to make a static video review of the A3 but as soon as they knew that I was going to point out few negatives, they declined. Audi Pakistan will have to do better than that in our market specially where its all about MB psyche in general, BMW somewhat and little Audi to capture the hearts and souls of our public when it comes to German auto engineering.
    Audi A3 with a price tag of 38 lacs (car only) powered by a 1.2 TFSI is not under powered. Germans at Audi know what they are doing but with a price tag like that and undeniably very less room and seating for 2 people at the back in a country possessed by Corolla, they will certainly have to do better than that.

Dear Audi : "Sie werden besser als zu tun"</pre>

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is no point comparing the A3 with Merc or BMW in Pakistan due to the price structure here. If one wants a zero meter luxury sedan under 5 million (with warranty) there is simply no other choice than the A3.

If the budget can be streched up to 7.5 million than I would definitely go for the A6 rather than buying the C class or a 3 series! In fact the A6 even seems a wiser choice over the E class.
    Supercar-like acceleration, Rallycar-like grip, Seats four friends, Certain to attract attention... EVO VIII

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fouadbakht View Post
    You are very right. Actually, its a good thing that Audi has taken the initiative with the intention of aggressively pitching its A3 against top of the line Civics and Corollas on one hand and Premios, Camrys and similar JDMs on the other not to mention the MB C Class (C180 to be more precise). Its a positive move but not a good one necessarily. The rear leg room/space is a serious issue that cannot be overlooked in Pakistan at least where Coupes are not favored easily over regular 4-door sedans. While Audi with its A3 is a bet to introduce a work around the Coupe thing, nonetheless, the additional two doors and a boot with lid just don't cut it when it comes to the rear space. Of course two tall men can be fixed (I didn't say seated.....Please note) in the rear but then that's about it. Its a car for single people, a couple based on two only and max of double daters.
    Don't get me wrong here. I was head over heels when I checked out the A3 few weeks back and tried forcing myself to somehow like the rear space, but even as impulsive as I am, nothing else quite worked. I even asked Audi to allow me to make a static video review of the A3 but as soon as they knew that I was going to point out few negatives, they declined. Audi Pakistan will have to do better than that in our market specially where its all about MB psyche in general, BMW somewhat and little Audi to capture the hearts and souls of our public when it comes to German auto engineering.
    Audi A3 with a price tag of 38 lacs (car only) powered by a 1.2 TFSI is not under powered. Germans at Audi know what they are doing but with a price tag like that and undeniably very less room and seating for 2 people at the back in a country possessed by Corolla, they will certainly have to do better than that.

Dear Audi : "Sie werden besser als zu tun"</pre>

38 lacs for a 1.2L is an atrocity in my mind, I just cant justify the price. It is supremely unfair because you can get a 2.0 Quattro for about 38 lac(PKR) just across the border and pretty much anywhere in the world where we don't have monkeys drafting our automotive policy.

But considering our market, you are absolutely right about Audi having made a smart move to bring in A3. Its priced just within that range where you might stand a chance of presenting it to your wife and still live to talk about it. Keyword "might".

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    Underpowered? Must be 1.2tfsi engine.....but if u drive 1.8tfsi which is faster than A4 1.8tfsi n A6 1.8tfsi both

A3 is not family car, Audi has made this car for for single youngsters ppl...in europe n US mostly ppl age under 35 r the main buyer
    There is no 1.8tfsi in A6 just the 3.0 and same with the A4 its a 2.0 engine (Canadian Market). If they have put a 1.8tfsi in A6 in Pakistan, whoever did this was on some special stuff.

Also there is no 1.2tfsi here in Canada brother, you get either the 1.8 or 2.0 Quattro, here you can say that a 2.0 Quattro gives you roughly the same performance as an A4 but its priced pretty close to A4 so you might as well go for that. I am going to be upgrading my ride this year and have been test driving these quite often. The A3 feels sluggish taking off but it does catch up (talking about 1.8tfsi) I heard from a friend that the 2.0 Quattro makes quite a difference in its pick up speed haven't had a chance to drive it yet though.

Again its a matter of perspective and other vehicles you are comparing it against and I guess in this case the market you are looking at as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A few shots I took while picking up a friend's A6 (white) from the showroom. The one in black is A3. Both cars are an absolute treat!

Audi A3 First Impressions -1581964Audi A3 First Impressions -1581965Audi A3 First Impressions -1581967 Audi A3 First Impressions -1581966

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahtasham View Post
    A few shots I took while picking up a friend's A6 (white) from the showroom. The one in black is A3. Both cars are an absolute treat!

Audi A3 First Impressions -1581964Audi A3 First Impressions -1581965Audi A3 First Impressions -1581967 Audi A3 First Impressions -1581966
    Is that audi a6 3.0? Plz dont tell me its 2.0 as that would be injustice to the beauty.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by john2 View Post
    Is that audi a6 3.0? Plz dont tell me its 2.0 as that would be injustice to the beauty.
    Its a 1.8ltr engine not 2.0. But still powerfull enough to compete with 2.5ltr jdms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My dream car 😍.
    Anyone opting to buy a A6 should atleast get it with led or matrix lights it totally changes the looks of the car. Those lighys are just amazing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arslansohail84 View Post
    My dream car 😍.
    Anyone opting to buy a A6 should atleast get it with led or matrix lights it totally changes the looks of the car. Those lighys are just amazing
    Yes you are right bro! The LED lights are totally awesome for the A6 and it gives a futuristic look to the car. Though priced at 3.5 lacs but worth it. Another friend's A6 will be arriving in about 2-3 weeks time. Its in black and he opted for the LED lights. Will post up some pics when its here!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are right bro! The LED lights are totally awesome for the A6 and it gives a futuristic look to the car. Though priced at 3.5 lacs but worth it. Another friend's A6 will be arriving in about 2-3 weeks time. Its in black and he opted for the LED lights. Will post up some pics when its here!
    Have you driven the new A6??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

User Tag List