Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree420Likes

Thread: RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched.

Some Die hard wishes fulfilled.. wished they also added alloys... its a better Upgrade then Launch of BYQ150 lolxxx

Priceas of 1-10-2014 : is ranging from 112k to 115k

> Handle Bars Sports Raised ON
    as ever wished Upgraded!

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371649

>Chain COver problem Gone For ever RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched. - smiley laughing
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371663

>New Sports Style Foot Pegs added!

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402706

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402707

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371658

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371652

> Instrument Panel Update
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371657

> New Turn Indicators

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402708

> Brand New Color Scheme

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371662

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371650

>New Design Seat
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371651

>New INLINE Feul Filter and Feul Cork
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1425188

CHANGES UNDER THE HOOD:
    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    No body noticed but new model of paiggio is not updated cosmetically or ergonomically but there are few changes under the hood as well...

I came to know that in new RP125 the carb is largely revised and inline magnet Fuel Filter is introduced, fuel cork is changed, rectifiers is updated to IC based instead of old Transistor based.. these are few changes which I know uptill now ..
    On the down sides the fender of pillion rider foot pegs are comming of plastic in black color which were prev. of ALuminuim alloy and are very **** to damage..
    the new Plastic chain cover is very delicate and snaps into pieces if chain hits it in speed..
    as indicated before its carb is revised largely and new Carb has a very tough way ton lean or rich it... the Mixture screw has become un acessable without d-assembling the carb...

FAULTS FOUND SO FAR :

1 - The rear Chain Cover is too delicate for the Chain Terrainn and is reported to become a mesh of plastic if chain is lose and hits it.

2 - Rear Tyre is used of Service and is reported to slip side ways on hard braking instead of actually griping the road

3 - Vibrations in faulty pieces of bikes have been reported and those bikes had to be send back to Production assembly of factroy to change there frames (WOW now this is serious)

4 - Lose nuts and bolts are common in brand new bikes. (well that is almost in all manufacturers)

5 - According to Bilal Autos ... A huge complaint flood of rectifiers has been served these days bikes sold in last few months 60% of them were reported to fail charging afet a week of use ... (6-8-2014)

6 - Shock abosrber Sring snaps - around 10 % claims arrived at Bilal autos were of Rear SHock Springs which got snapped when Pillion riding... Ravi Autos failed to provide Claimed Shocks or Spring due to shortage, so owner of Bilal autos has made cumtom made springs which are gaurantted for life time and will not snap.. lol

PS.. Dont think I am marketing Bilal Autos I just happen to visit it last day lol ha ha haah .... (6-8-2014)
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla

Even after the redesign of chain cover, the noise in chain is still there... (told by Rp service centre guy) i guess this happens due to bad quality parts which result in too much vibration of a moving chain... similar noise was present in my junoon, its chain would strike inside of chain cover even when its perfectly adjusted...

And the chain would make noise due to a lot of left and right movement/vibration... not due to up/down movemmment

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

have you seen the new section I added in main post few days back ? with title "FAULTS FOUND SO FAR :"

I also mentioned that the new chain cover is eqaully poorand rattle and a slitest slick from a chain makes it a plastic mesh...

chain zara c b lose ho tu touch kerti hai ...say its junoon or any other bike but that doesn't mean that the chain cover start to beat the drum or torn apart completely... ye TB sirf RP125 ko he hai filhal...

ab jab chain cover half naked banay he banaya tu itna poor quality ka banay jo wesay he hath men ajata hai .. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    @vickytulla

Even after the redesign of chain cover, the noise in chain is still there... (told by Rp service centre guy) i guess this happens due to bad quality parts which result in too much vibration of a moving chain... similar noise was present in my junoon, its chain would strike inside of chain cover even when its perfectly adjusted...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalayub919 View Post
    I wanted to buy a bike but everyone's views are different. GS, CG or RP.

That is why I am confused like hell and roaming here and there. :-)

Sent from my A900 using PW Forums mobile app

Don't be confuse, remove CG from your list, if u say deluxe, that would be a little better. U better visit showrooms, spend some time with bikes, site on them and get the feelings.
    I can bet you, you'll love only one, that's RP 125, huge fuel tank, new handles and seat, sets with legs in better way, I love 2014 model and will own one for sure. Red and black are useless color, get the third color, I don't know its name. Its kind of gray with tint of pink and yellow. bike's curve and creases looked most visible in that color.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BIGGEST DIE HARD WISH has ALWAYS been AVAILABILITY OF SPARE PARTS & QUALIFIED MECHANICS!!!
    Some Die hard wishes fulfilled.. wished they also added alloys... its a better Upgrade then Launch of BYQ150 lolxxx

> Handle Bars Sports Raised ON
    as ever wished Upgraded!

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371649

>Chain COver problem Gone For ever
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371663

>New Sports Style Foot Pegs added!

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402706

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402707

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371658

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371652

> Instrument Panel Update
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371657

> New Turn Indicators

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1402708

> Brand New Color Scheme

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371662

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371650

>New Design Seat
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1371651

>New INLINE Feul Filter and Feul Cork
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1425188

CHANGES UNDER THE HOOD:

FAULTS FOUND SO FAR :

1 - The rear Chain Cover is too delicate for the Chain Terrainn and is reported to become a mesh of plastic if chain is lose and hits it.

2 - Rear Tyre is used of Service and is reported to slip side ways on hard braking instead of actually griping the road

3 - Vibrations in faulty pieces of bikes have been reported and those bikes had to be send back to Production assembly of factroy to change there frames (WOW now this is serious)

4 - Lose nuts and bolts are common in brand new bikes. (well that is almost in all manufacturers)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed 100%

ye unique ud 100 bhee achee bike hai - problem kyaa hai then ??? No spare parts at all, no qualified mechanics - salaa saare mechanic kehte hain front disc brake to giraa detee hai chooran hamare mechanics bhee bechare hit and try hathoraa ustaad saare k saare
    Quote Originally Posted by mirzakaleem View Post
    biggest die hard wish has always been availability of spare parts & qualified mechanics!!!
    Currently riding a Unique 100, also riding big b's suzuki gs 150 [too heavy ]
    Which 1 better Honda 125 or Suzuki GS 150 ? Next ride - Suzuki GD110

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam friends i've been more of a reader of pak wheels. seeing this post since day One and being an owner of a Ravi piaggio 2014 i am writing my experience with this bike.
    This my second bike. lots of things in the ravi piaggio disappointed me as the only comparison i was making with my previously owned honda cd 100 2012 Model.
    Wobbling of tyres: it was very bad in start specially the front tire felt just like i was riding an over speed donkey :p. after showing it to the ravi centre they said that its a reason of poor balancing of rims...retained the bike for a whole day for the balancing of wheels no change at all..at the first glance i assessed that it was deformed tire but the ravi centre in order to avoid the claim of warranty still blamed the poor balance. Disappointed, i thought of what i should have done before. i had the rear stock tire of honda cd 100 lying around in my store room and planned to change the front tire with the old less used 2.75-18. showed it to a mechanic of tires who took 2 hours of mine to balance both the wheels and replaced the front.this is where i felt the change yeah.. it was smoooth.problem one solved on my own cost..!!

Fuel tank leakage:
    from the spot where fuel gauge base is fixed..it was really annoying...How ever problem solved by the mechanic under warranty

Loose handle bar:
    another annoying factor that made my experience and beliefs worse upon ravi assembly line in the factories. at least its something that should be checked in the factory not just like putting the things together untied. problem solved the first day.

Chain was making sound: on 4th and 5th gear as it was touching some unidentified spot. upon showing it to the mechanic and after minor adjustments the sound is still there but first it used to make sound during the acceleration..and now at deceleration at 4th and 5 th gear.its really annoying..IF any body facing the same chain sounds found a solution plz share it here.
    NOTE:After initial 3 days of riding, when i took the bike with a list of all these problems, the ravi showroom manager had look around the bike and said.. bhai mai to kehta hun koi achi offer dekh kar ye bike bech do aur meri mantay ho apnay liay honda pridor le lo you must be kidding me. thats where i had a little sympathy with ravi piaggio. and decided to give it time and resource.

Now after the first oil change on 450 kms and current status at 850 kms i am feeling that yes this is the bike of my choice. and due to scarcity of the ravi piaggio..its a real eye catcher bike in peshawar.

One more thing the handle attached to the chassy of the bike used for lifting the bike for double stand is welded from one end while the other end is left un welded hmmm.
    thanx for giving your precious time for reading this post.i just shared my experience with this bike thanx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Our beloved Ravi Piaggio STORM (2014 Model) on the ASSEMBLY LINE

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442830

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442831

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442832

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442833

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442834

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442835

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442836

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442837

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442838

RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1442839
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal86 View Post
    Salam friends i've been more of a reader of pak wheels. seeing this post since day One and being an owner of a Ravi piaggio 2014 i am writing my experience with this bike.
    This my second bike. lots of things in the ravi piaggio disappointed me as the only comparison i was making with my previously owned honda cd 100 2012 Model.
    Wobbling of tyres: it was very bad in start specially the front tire felt just like i was riding an over speed donkey :p. after showing it to the ravi centre they said that its a reason of poor balancing of rims...retained the bike for a whole day for the balancing of wheels no change at all..at the first glance i assessed that it was deformed tire but the ravi centre in order to avoid the claim of warranty still blamed the poor balance. Disappointed, i thought of what i should have done before. i had the rear stock tire of honda cd 100 lying around in my store room and planned to change the front tire with the old less used 2.75-18. showed it to a mechanic of tires who took 2 hours of mine to balance both the wheels and replaced the front.this is where i felt the change yeah.. it was smoooth.problem one solved on my own cost..!!

Fuel tank leakage:
    from the spot where fuel gauge base is fixed..it was really annoying...How ever problem solved by the mechanic under warranty

Loose handle bar:
    another annoying factor that made my experience and beliefs worse upon ravi assembly line in the factories. at least its something that should be checked in the factory not just like putting the things together untied. problem solved the first day.

Chain was making sound: on 4th and 5th gear as it was touching some unidentified spot. upon showing it to the mechanic and after minor adjustments the sound is still there but first it used to make sound during the acceleration..and now at deceleration at 4th and 5 th gear.its really annoying..IF any body facing the same chain sounds found a solution plz share it here.
    NOTE:After initial 3 days of riding, when i took the bike with a list of all these problems, the ravi showroom manager had look around the bike and said.. bhai mai to kehta hun koi achi offer dekh kar ye bike bech do aur meri mantay ho apnay liay honda pridor le lo you must be kidding me. thats where i had a little sympathy with ravi piaggio. and decided to give it time and resource.

Now after the first oil change on 450 kms and current status at 850 kms i am feeling that yes this is the bike of my choice. and due to scarcity of the ravi piaggio..its a real eye catcher bike in peshawar.

One more thing the handle attached to the chassy of the bike used for lifting the bike for double stand is welded from one end while the other end is left un welded hmmm.
    thanx for giving your precious time for reading this post.i just shared my experience with this bike thanx
    Lame excuse by the mechanic who even can't support his own product. The worst advice one can give after putting his 0.115 million rupees :p
    You did right these small issues are nearly in every bike of PK even in Honda and needs to be resolved during break in period. Once you start riding RP you won't like any other bike.

Good Luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    Our beloved Ravi Piaggio STORM (2014 Model) on the ASSEMBLY LINE
    hmmm so yahan se yeh bike kharab hona shuru hoti hai just kidding

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla

Ravi is still importing complete Storm from Piaggio china plant other then 20% parts? Or are they making parts locally now?
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont know the reality but my guess is that most of the parts are made locally and they bring knock down engine and spare parts only agay walhu Alam sach kiya hai...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla

Ravi is still importing complete Storm from Piaggio china plant other then 20% parts? Or are they making parts locally now?
    Atleast in gs i think now only engine+carb are being imported baki everything is local. However when u go to buy even the brake lever it comes in a pack with "made in thailand" written on it. Pata nai kya chakar hai.

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm my guess is offcourse I can be wrong, Ravi is still importing the bike completely from China and just assembling and selling here. they are only using few local parts like tyres, rubber parts grips e.g

Sent from my Moto G
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmm my guess is offcourse I can be wrong, Ravi is still importing the bike completely from China and just assembling and selling here. they are only using few local parts like tyres, rubber parts grips e.g
    Sent from my Moto G
    As far as i know,
    Engine, Painted Parts (Tanks, Side Covers etc), back light , Handle bars, Disk break Assay etc come from China
    Frame (the very imorted thing), Wire Harness, Head Light, Indicators, Tyre, Rims, Battery are made locally.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi...me using rp 125 from last 2 months...it has now run almost 1600km....one thing i like to share that top speed of it was mentioned 140km/h...by many piaggio owners on this site...but my personal experience is that maximum top speed i achieved is 110km/h..............now this is a serious matter....can anybody tell me how can i increase my top speed.....baki rest of the bike is fit....ala bike ha....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

???????????????????????????/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drkhuramch123 View Post
    Hi...me using rp 125 from last 2 months...it has now run almost 1600km....one thing i like to share that top speed of it was mentioned 140km/h...by many piaggio owners on this site...but my personal experience is that maximum top speed i achieved is 110km/h..............now this is a serious matter....can anybody tell me how can i increase my top speed.....baki rest of the bike is fit....ala bike ha....
    You can increase top speed by throwing out the 11 horsepower engine and installing a fireblade engine in it

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

meh...

or one can use a hayabausa engine ? just thinking...

110kmh on a 125cc small bike .... ahhhh kiya ye kam hai ? :/ meter to Mehran men bhi 140 ka he hai .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My New RP-2014
    RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1453000RAVI Piaggio Storm 125 2014 UPDATED SPECS Launched -1453001

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aami8389: congrats brother. mind sharing the cost?
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

User Tag List