Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default JDM Time - Passo 2012

Aoa friends.
    I have started this thread to share my new ride i.e. Toyota Passo 2012, so that people can get benefit from this thread and I can share my problems and get guidance from experienced members.
    Before proceeding further I want to thanks to Allah Almighty, who has bestowed me (and all of us) with unlimited blessings? I want to thanks my parents for their incalculable hard work for us and family for the support? I am obliged to PW and its members who were always there to guide me esp. @muradi @huzaifa.haroon @karnol @us000 @asim867 @CerwinVega @villain @aliusman420 @Nabz90 etc.
    First of all general details about the car:
    • Model: Toyota Passo 2012
    • Color: White
    • Grades: 4.5 AA
    • Odo readings: 15000 Km approx.
    • Date of purchase from Japan Auction: 20th May 2015
    • Date of reaching Karachi port: 17th July 2015
    • Date of reaching Tarnol dry port (Islamabad) / Delivery to us: 6th August 2015

In this I will discuss...
    • The difficulties I faced while searching for car in local market
    • Car cost and importer information
    • Tips to buy imported cars
    • Custom / Duty structure of imported cars
    • How to read and verify auction sheets
    • Important Japanese websites
    • Different variants of Passo
    • My Car Performance and Maintenance
    • Any upgrades
    • Pros and Cons of Passo
    • My previous rides
    • Comparison of Passo with other similar cars

Etc.
    Starting pics are auction pics...
    JDM Time ? Passo 2012 -1603150
    JDM Time ? Passo 2012 -1603151

Plz say "Masha Allah", Allah isy achay kamo k lia istemal kren, ameen....

Stay tuned for upcoming details...

Fuel Average Table - Page 1
    Oil Change Table - Page 1
    Car Pics at Yokohama Port - Page 1
    Car Shipping - Port 2
    Inland Transport Khi to isb - Page 3
    Car Service and Interior cleaning - Page 3-4
    GT Road Average - Page 5
    Car Cost - Page 6
    Car Remotes / Smart Key - Page 6
    Motorway Fuel Average - Page 7
    Recommended Oil for Paaso - Page 8
    AlWaris Traders, Islamabad Exposed - Page 9
    Passo Seats - Page 9
    Motorway average - control speed - Page 10, 17
    Different variants of Passo - Page 11
    Different colors of Passo - Page 11

Top Speed on Motorway - Page 17
    Seat Covers Installation - Page 17
    Import Procedure - Page 21
    How to Verify Auction Sheet - Page 21
    How to Read Auction Sheet - Page 23
    Grading of Car - Page 24
    One Monthly Progress Report Aug-Sep - Page 26
    Immobilizer in Passo - Page 27
    Passo vs WR - Page 29

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Nabz90

1130 is very good price for this unit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DrUsmanNawaz View Post
    @Nabz90

1130 is very good price for this unit
    Thank you Dr Sahab thats so nice of you ... initially i was in doubt as the car is nice and price is low so i thought the Auc Report is tempered.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Naeem284 View Post
    Dr. Sahab ! I Would like to meet you.

Oh Yess any time... I am available in Wah Cantt on Mon Tue Wed evening and Weekends... U can contact on my no, if you want to check Passo for decision making,,, no problem...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default passo

Dear Dr Usman
    congratulations for your new car. I want to buy passo. I want get it from karachi please guide me easier way fron where i get good car. I want good grade and new car.
    Thank you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank You Dr Sahab for such a detailed information thread

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default JDM Time - Passo 2012

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Honestly Bro, I don't have the experience of the New Shape Passo/Vitz. However i have gotten the oppurtunity of keeping 4 Vitz's and Test Driving Dozens of Passo's and Vitz 2006-2010 Alhamdulillah. And believe me. Not even a single . Yes not even a single car i saw was not vibrating and Had pick issues. From a 4.5 Grade Car totally driven on Zic Oil's and HOBC to a Dealer ki make up hui hui car. Passo's were more worse. And majority of the Vitz and Passo's over 80k mileage had completed their life. Before buying the current Swift which i have, i had finalized a 2008 Vitz. Was Very Clean and totally geniune. Mileage however was 132k genuine. Phir pata chala ke engine is totally fried. Had couple of more incidents in the past and the engine was always dead.
    The New Shape Passo and Vitz shares the same engine and Transmission so i believe they should be similar in performance ( I hope not ) .
    I pray that u or anyone would not faced the issues i am talking of but this was just my experience
    @DrUsmanNawaz
    Congratulations
    MashaAllah Clean Ride
    @muradi
    I had the same issue with my vitz 2008 as well & it drove me nutts in first few weeks. I searched online for the issue and got several tips but nothing worked. Then someone suggested in Yarisworld forum regarding voltage stabilizer and how it would solve the 1krfe vibration issue, as it loses power on brakes and vibrates badly. I contacted JZ bhai who had pivot voltage stabilizer, bought it got it installed and VIBRATION was GONE. The best buy i did for vitz. Before the installation the current recorded by the electrician at toyota 3S was like 12.5ish with AC running. Later the current recorder was 13.7ish to 14ish with AC running, woofer pounding etc after install.
    My point being it worked for me. I had my doubts but it worked. You guys can check out the yarisworld thread & by checking stabilizer installed in my old vitz thread by following the current thread kink in the first post.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4872983-post.html
    Glory Glory Manchester United

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Normal current car not started
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - 9dca10a7650ca717a02ccda98cd9bcf5
    Car started AC running
    JDM Time - Passo 2012 - ab4395b18ab8ef0d890f2c972599f4d3

JDM Time - Passo 2012 - 43070bbbd29e7085363e29a6459b9b85

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/3827971-post.html

Again no promoting a product just sharing my good experience 🏻

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/4872983-post.html
    Glory Glory Manchester United

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Docjunaid View Post

@muradi
    I had the same issue with my vitz 2008 as well & it drove me nutts in first few weeks. I searched online for the issue and got several tips but nothing worked. Then someone suggested in Yarisworld forum regarding voltage stabilizer and how it would solve the 1krfe vibration issue, as it loses power on brakes and vibrates badly. I contacted JZ bhai who had pivot voltage stabilizer, bought it got it installed and VIBRATION was GONE. The best buy i did for vitz. Before the installation the current recorded by the electrician at toyota 3S was like 12.5ish with AC running. Later the current recorder was 13.7ish to 14ish with AC running, woofer pounding etc after install.
    My point being it worked for me. I had my doubts but it worked. You guys can check out the yarisworld thread & can stabilizer installed in my old vitz thread but following the current thread.

My Ride Toyota Premio 1.8 XL - 262310
    Yes bro i remember sawing that in your vitz's thread. I was a secret admirer of your vitz . And yes that thing really works, The lack of current supply causes vitz to vibrate and after installing a stabilizer this issue can be solved. But not many people know this, So they try desi ustaad methods like removal of Cat. Modifying filters, Changing Oils, screwing the throttle body and what not, As a result the engine gets screwed.
    Btw for me reseting the ECU and then manually doing the ECU ldle procedure fixes up the issue . Have made the wildest vibrating 1kr into a calm smooth engine
    Laws r Made to be Broken

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasir2013 View Post
    Dear Dr Usman
    congratulations for your new car. I want to buy passo. I want get it from karachi please guide me easier way fron where i get good car. I want good grade and new car.
    Thank you
    Sir how can i help u...

About different variants of passo, follow the coming posts....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Variants of Passo

Variants of Passo

There are 4 to 5 variants of Passo in market at the moment. I'll briefly explain differences among them.
    Description is of 2010 to 2013 models, in 2014 all other features were same but interior color trims was slightly changed.
    *Keep one thing in mind that in Japan, few things of fully loaded versions can be installed from factory even in basic versions on customer's choice.

X Package – Front Cut Seats, Seats are thinner, No Arm Rest, No Headrest in front seats, Back Seats don’t have Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable but not Dividable, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, No Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors +/-, Door Handles are Black, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control, Steel Rims, No Wheel Cups
    XL Package - (Also called G Package in market) - Front Cut Seats, Seats are thinner, No Arm Rest, No Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable but not Dividable, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control, Steel Rims, No Wheel Cups.
    Yururi Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 2 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, No Climate Control, Wheel Cups.
    Kutsorgi Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Dark Brown, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is BLACK and Dark Brown, Steering Color is BLACK, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, No Climate Control, Wheel Cups.
    Hana C Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Chocolate, Color of Headrest is Off-white, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles and Wheel Cups are CHROMED, Dashboard color is BEIGE and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Beige, Front PROJECTOR LIGHTS, Back Lights are CRYSTAL, FOG LAMPS, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control.
    Hana Plus Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Chocolate, Color of Headrest is Off-white, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles and Wheel Cups are CHROMED, Dashboard color is BEIGE and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Beige, Front PROJECTOR LIGHTS, Back Lights are CRYSTAL, FOG LAMPS, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, Climate Control, Air Purifier, Alloy Rims Are Optional.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

X Package – Front Cut Seats, Seats are thinner, No Arm Rest, No Headrest in front seats, Back Seats don’t have Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable but not Dividable, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, No Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors +/-, Door Handles are Black, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control, Steel Rims, No Wheel Cups

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608878

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608879

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

XL Package - (Also called G Package in market) - Front Cut Seats, Seats are thinner, No Arm Rest, No Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable but not Dividable, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control, Steel Rims, No Wheel Cups.
    JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608883

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608884

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608885
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yururi Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 2 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Beige, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is Beige and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Dark Brown, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, No Climate Control, Wheel Cups.

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608895

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608893

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608894

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608896

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608890

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608891

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608892

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608898

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608889

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608897

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kutsorgi Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Dark Brown, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles same as body color, Dashboard color is BLACK and Dark Brown, Steering Color is BLACK, No Front Projector Lights, Back Lights are Red, No Fog Lamp, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, No Climate Control, Wheel Cups.

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608908

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608909

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608907

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608910

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hana C Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Chocolate, Color of Headrest is Off-white, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles and Wheel Cups are CHROMED, Dashboard color is BEIGE and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Beige, Front PROJECTOR LIGHTS, Back Lights are CRYSTAL, FOG LAMPS, Keyless Entry, No Push Start, No Climate Control.
    Hana Plus Package - Front Bench Seats, Sofa Seats, Arm Rest, Headrest in front seats, Back Seats have 3 Headrests, Back Seats are Foldable and Dividable and Can be converted into Bed, Seats Color & Door Lining is Chocolate, Color of Headrest is Off-white, Back Wiper, Power Side Mirrors, Door Handles and Wheel Cups are CHROMED, Dashboard color is BEIGE and Dark Brown, Steering Color is Beige, Front PROJECTOR LIGHTS, Back Lights are CRYSTAL, FOG LAMPS, Keyless Entry, Push Start/Remote, Climate Control, Air Purifier, Alloy Rims Are Optional.

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608920

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608913

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608914

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608915

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608916

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608918

JDM Time  Passo 2012 -1608917

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DrUsmanNawaz AOA...... What is the difference between ECO ON/OFF and ECO Idle mode.....? In Passo what precisely happens if Eco ON is engaged....?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats dr sahab! great car MashaAllah

Your thread is so informative that it answers almost every type of question related to jdm cars not just passo!
    In fact i now feel like selling my civic and get a yururi (the only downside is that i dont like the choc brown steering wheel)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Colors Available in Passo

Different Colors of Passo

From Most Expensive to Less Expensive in Japan Auction

Most Expensive
    1. Pearl white
    2. Red Wine / Burgundy
    3. Black

Comparatively Less Expensive

4. White
    5. Silver (Medium Silver)
    6. Bronze / Dark Grey

Lesst Expensive
    7. Beige
    8. Lavender / Light Purple / Moon Light Silver
    9. Red
    10. Aqua Green
    11. Blue
    12. Copper / Orange

Pics of all the color are coming in subsequent post for reference?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pearl White