Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Prius fan club

Salam

More People are buying Prius and soon its going to be a common car in Pakistan .

Guys Please share your experience , knowledge and comments about this car.

(Just to give you an idea) :

FUEL ECONOMY FOR US EPA

YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 20.40 19.13
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 21.68 20.40
    2012 PRIUS C (1.5) 22.53 19.55
    2012 PRIUS V (1.8) 18.7 17.0

FUEL ECONOMY FOR JAPAN 10-15 Mode test

YEAR/MODEL CITY (UNIT: KM /L) HIGHWAY(UNIT: KM/L)
    2004-9 2ND GEN PRIUS(1.5) 35.5 29.6
    2010-12 3RD GEN PRIUS (1.8) 38 32.6
    PRIUS ALPHA(V)(1.8) 31 26.2
    2012 PRIUS AQUA (C )(1.5) 40 35.4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_mk View Post
    congartz man.

btw which model it is?

2013,2014,2015?
    Borther its 2012 and import it march 2015

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Fast Lane Rides ..... From you can import authentic cars of your choice.... Contact us 03213646562 Follow us https://www.facebook.com/Fast-Lane-Rides-1475779149418677/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Congrats on the new car
    It's a base model though with Touring rims.

Thank u for clearing it to me but bro i heard base model dun have back window wiper

Fast Lane Rides ..... From you can import authentic cars of your choice.... Contact us 03213646562 Follow us https://www.facebook.com/Fast-Lane-Rides-1475779149418677/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danialshah01 View Post
    Waow...
    MASHAHALLAH...
    Aap yahan lhr k hee heyn?...
    Em also a bit confused with suspension and average is a major concern for me.. Till now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    No brother i am from sialkot
    And please dun worry abt the average
    I can tell abdullah bhai write all down for u and its a metter of time u ll understand the hybrid system and will enjoy it
    I am happy with this average what i mentioned earlier bcz i owned civic 9th gen and it was giving me 11 kmpl only if i drive it very slow and now i am getting 17 kmpl even somtimes with naughty acceleration tests

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 14kw View Post
    Borther its 2012 and import it march 2015

but 2012 light r not like these?

or u put custom lights?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by utraja1 View Post
    Toyota Prius fan club -1612607Toyota Prius fan club -1612608hey guys

Just joined Prius family although the car is due to arrive in October
    Shifting from civic reborn (finger crossed)* wish me luck
    please tell me about road clearance in practical terms! Is it like reborn or lower?
    Here are Pics of my Prius 2012
    Congrats. For how much you got it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil5855 View Post
    Congrats. For how much you got it?
    Bro thori si mehangi mili hai 24lac ki
    But it has 27k on the clock and 4.5 grade card with couple of A1s on the auction sheet

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but 2012 light r not like these?

or u put custom lights?
    Yes brother these are 4 lines lava lights i am looking for body kit can anyone help ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Abdullah bhai going off topic but kindly do a comparison of vezel vs prius

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Alright so here goes my take on both cars. Especially for you Nabeel bhai. I'll try to cover everything while keeping this post small and reader oriented.

I'd like to state for the reader i don't own both cars, only own a vezel. Prius is a relative's car, which i've driven on multiple routes to compare it with our car (the car is L-trim,2012 model, 4.5 grade, and 12000km driven(self import))
    Both cars are good in their own way. Vezel Being a sporty crossover is a totally different vehicle compared to a prius. I've had a chance to drive a 2006 model prado, and i can say vezel feels a little more like an suv than a sedan.

Exterior: Well different people have different choices, but here 99% would prolly agree with me that vezel is the leader, no matter u park, it'll attract a good number of people. whereas in this day nobody bothers to turn their head for a prius. The high ground clearance is definitely this cars biggest edge over a prii. You sit high in it and don't have to bother about any speed-breakers. Whereas in a prius there isn't a single car breaker ( at-least on my routes) that i could safely pass over without scratching its belly.

Interior: Now thats again varies person to person. I personally like the vezels interior wayyy more than a prius. Prius interior feels cheap, the plastic is not the highest quality either. Whereas in vezel you get leather and fabric almost everywhere you touch, ( and multi color with orange stitching in my case definitely stands out). For 4 people vezel is definitely more comfortable. And its got more room in the front and back both. For the fifth passenger ( the back row middle passenger) prius definitely is a preferred choice. Vezels 5th seat is pretty hard.

Drive: to put it in simple words: if you're performance oriented driver Vezel definitely it is. BUt if you want smooth comfortable commutes, prius is better. Vezel has very good sound deadening but prius isn't too far either in that aspect. And it makes up for it with its comfortable suspension. VEzels suspension is hard, pretty much like a 9th gen civic. (its like civic and corolla's suspension difference). The hybrid system of a prius is much refined, the low speed EV to ICE transition is as smooth as high speed ones, but vezel lets you know of it's dual clutch transmission on low speeds. And prius feels like it has more pull on EV only, which can be because of the fact that it's motor is more powerful than vezel's.
    Acceleration, well i can say both cars have ample power and can easily smoke any and all the shokha drivers in reborns and swifts anytime. But comparing them, vezel definitely is the winner. MY dad (he's never raced with anybody before) humiliated two kids in a prius, who were constantly bothering him on the lahore ring road. Like seriously 40 to 170 was done in no time. Oh and ofcourse the way vezel changes gear makes you fall in love with it. Whereas in a prius the cvt takes out most of the fun while accelerating it.

FUEL AVERAGE: Well prius is way ahead of vezel in this case. Both cars driven on the same route with almost same exterior climate and interior AC setting, returned these figures: Vezel 24.1kmpl and prius 30.7kmpl.

Prius will definitely return better economy anyday and everyday compared to a vezel. And would probably be more reliable even. And cheaper too ( a LOT cheaper, like 1 million RS cheaper). But The shashka of a 0-meter japani lies in vezel only. The high ground clearance, higher seating, SUV ka thorra sa RAW sa taste and being brand new were the factors that made us ultimately decide in the favor of vezel and skip prius.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    Alright so here goes my take on both cars. Especially for you Nabeel bhai. I'll try to cover everything while keeping this post small and reader oriented.

I'd like to state for the reader i don't own both cars, only own a vezel. Prius is a relative's car, which i've driven on multiple routes to compare it with our car (the car is L-trim,2012 model, 4.5 grade, and 12000km driven(self import))
    Both cars are good in their own way. Vezel Being a sporty crossover is a totally different vehicle compared to a prius. I've had a chance to drive a 2006 model prado, and i can say vezel feels a little more like an suv than a sedan.

Exterior: Well different people have different choices, but here 99% would prolly agree with me that vezel is the leader, no matter u park, it'll attract a good number of people. whereas in this day nobody bothers to turn their head for a prius. The high ground clearance is definitely this cars biggest edge over a prii. You sit high in it and don't have to bother about any speed-breakers. Whereas in a prius there isn't a single car breaker ( at-least on my routes) that i could safely pass over without scratching its belly.

Interior: Now thats again varies person to person. I personally like the vezels interior wayyy more than a prius. Prius interior feels cheap, the plastic is not the highest quality either. Whereas in vezel you get leather and fabric almost everywhere you touch, ( and multi color with orange stitching in my case definitely stands out). For 4 people vezel is definitely more comfortable. And its got more room in the front and back both. For the fifth passenger ( the back row middle passenger) prius definitely is a preferred choice. Vezels 5th seat is pretty hard.

Drive: to put it in simple words: if you're performance oriented driver Vezel definitely it is. BUt if you want smooth comfortable commutes, prius is better. Vezel has very good sound deadening but prius isn't too far either in that aspect. And it makes up for it with its comfortable suspension. VEzels suspension is hard, pretty much like a 9th gen civic. (its like civic and corolla's suspension difference). The hybrid system of a prius is much refined, the low speed EV to ICE transition is as smooth as high speed ones, but vezel lets you know of it's dual clutch transmission on low speeds. And prius feels like it has more pull on EV only, which can be because of the fact that it's motor is more powerful than vezel's.
    Acceleration, well i can say both cars have ample power and can easily smoke any and all the shokha drivers in reborns and swifts anytime. But comparing them, vezel definitely is the winner. MY dad (he's never raced with anybody before) humiliated two kids in a prius, who were constantly bothering him on the lahore ring road. Like seriously 40 to 170 was done in no time. Oh and ofcourse the way vezel changes gear makes you fall in love with it. Whereas in a prius the cvt takes out most of the fun while accelerating it.

FUEL AVERAGE: Well prius is way ahead of vezel in this case. Both cars driven on the same route with almost same exterior climate and interior AC setting, returned these figures: Vezel 24.1kmpl and prius 30.7kmpl.

Prius will definitely return better economy anyday and everyday compared to a vezel. And would probably be more reliable even. And cheaper too ( a LOT cheaper, like 1 million RS cheaper). But The shashka of a 0-meter japani lies in vezel only. The high ground clearance, higher seating, SUV ka thorra sa RAW sa taste and being brand new were the factors that made us ultimately decide in the favor of vezel and skip prius.
    Nice honest review

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wana change my Prius tyres.

any suggesion which is better?

right now its with 15/65/195 with under 1" Spacer.but still scratch on Big Breakers if 3,4 persons on back seat.

so may i go for 205 size with it?

or 195 is enough?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

right now its with 15/65/195 with under 1" Spacer.but still scratch on Big Breakers if 3,4 persons on back seat.

or 195 is enough?
    Just changed the tyres to 195/65/r15 from 215/45/r17 and i feel the steering more light and better comfort
    I opted for yokohama cdrive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rabeel_fariq View Post
    Just changed the tyres to 195/65/r15 from 215/45/r17 and i feel the steering more light and better comfort
    I opted for yokohama cdrive
    And yes fuel average got better for me i used to get max 20km/l and now i got 24.7 km/l the highest ever for me in city

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by danialshah01 View Post
    Does yur battery gets fully charged?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Toyota Prius fan club - 012dacded9a652f83b52ec81256ee907
    Quote Originally Posted by rabeel_fariq View Post
    And yes fuel average got better for me i used to get max 20km/l and now i got 24.7 km/l the highest ever for me in city
    So 15/65/195 is best for economy too.
    I visit a shop today.he gave me 8500rs per tyre for yokohama C-Drive.
    Is it good tyre in term of low Noise?
    Ir we have other option in yoko?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all bro thank you so much for the taking out the time and comparing one of the best hybrids out there

Yes vezel is more premium in every regard and the extra 1m speaks for itself, however the top of the line Prius ka sahi muqabala hota hoo ga and those 17" touring rims makes Prius a looker but still all of these aside, Vezel takes the lead because its more sporty, luxury and looks like a boss.

Just waiting for 2016 to arrive then InshAllah will make a move towards Vezel

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota Prius fan club - 012dacded9a652f83b52ec81256ee907

So 15/65/195 is best for economy too.
    I visit a shop today.he gave me 8500rs per tyre for yokohama C-Drive.
    Is it good tyre in term of low Noise?
    Ir we have other option in yoko?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    Yes cdrive is no doubt v good tyre i also got it for 8500rs/tyre
    Yokohama advan db is also good i have used it in my honda city which i had before but i feel cdrive more grippy and comfortable
    And yes it is extreamly silent tyre ,grippy,better fuel avg,and also comfortable
    Othere options in yokohama is ecos(somehow less costly)
    Btw continental cc5 is a class apart (more expensive)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Prius fan club

Congrats on your purchase. Allah naseeb karein.
    i read you're concerned with your cars average. You should get an oil and oil filter change if not done yet.
    One thing you should know is that a hybrid returns the best avg only when driven the right way. I've done 29kmpl with AC on a 2012 L trim prius and on the same route got even 19kmpl.
    First thing, to get the best out of your hybrid you need to travel longer distances, shorter commutes of under 10km wont give you the best.
    You should use the bar display in the HSD monitor. And on city roads it is recommended that you drive within speed limit, that is under 70 kmph. Avoid un-necessary accelerations, and practise driving in the left lane with constant speeds. Mind your surroundings, and on roads with more traffic accelerate to about 45-55 and coast on battery power only, on open roads accelerate to 70 and coast with the slightest press of the acc. pedal. Always accelerate the car within the 3/4 eco-bar limit on the display. Allow your battery to charge on decelerations, and try avoid using the mechanical brakes. And set the A/C to about 25 or 26 on AC mode, avoid using auto..
    And to up a level a little more ( this takes you into tension mode) if you know areas or see, that you'll be stuck or be idling for some time, it is preferred to use engine during driving to force charge the battery ( this maybe done using PWR mode). So that you don't burn fuel on idling. The more you idle on engine the faster you loose those magic fuel figures.

But most of this is only fun while the car is new, you want to be experimenting with it. The more you experiment the more you'll know about it. If you're getting higher numbers for fun, to set new goals for yourself it'll be fun. If you're doing it to save on money, it will get on your nerves.
    I do it for fun when i'm relaxed and don't feel like driving crazy, have gone to numbers as high as 32kmpl. and when i didnt feel like it, i drive it normal and it would still do 17~19kmpl

I hope my writeup is helpful and answers some of your queries.

P.S: I don't own a prius, drive a relatives prius occasionally. Have a Vezel and it works very similar to a prius, in-fact these techniques are same for all HYbrids ( stand alone hybrids, that have the ability to run on only EV).
    how to force charge the battery in power mode?

how many km you drove and still got 32 kmpl?

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fahdahmad View Post
    how to force charge the battery in power mode?

how many km you drove and still got 32 kmpl?

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums
    In pwr mode it resists the car from going into ev.
    And if you drive it with a light foot with 20 to 30% throttle, controlling the throttle monitoring the HSD monitor. You can easily charge the battery in under two minutes.
    I drove around 60km that day. 40%on ring road at about 90kmph. And the rest between defence and faisal town.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    First of all bro thank you so much for the taking out the time and comparing one of the best hybrids out there

Yes vezel is more premium in every regard and the extra 1m speaks for itself, however the top of the line Prius ka sahi muqabala hota hoo ga and those 17" touring rims makes Prius a looker but still all of these aside, Vezel takes the lead because its more sporty, luxury and looks like a boss.

Just waiting for 2016 to arrive then InshAllah will make a move towards Vezel

Thank you nabeel bhai. Glad to know your response.
    Secondly i didn't compare it with the top of the line prius or newer models. Because i for one would never buy a prius for 2.7+million rs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In pwr mode it resists the car from going into ev.
    And if you drive it with a light foot with 20 to 30% throttle, controlling the throttle monitoring the HSD monitor. You can easily charge the battery in under two minutes.
    I drove around 60km that day. 40%on ring road at about 90kmph. And the rest between defence and faisal town.
    Should the throttle indicator in HSD display be in pwr region ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or 195 is enough?
    2nd or 3rd gen?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List