4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CNG in Prius

Hi guys today I just spotted a unique thing I saw a prius with CNG kit installed in it... Wanted to ask that is it possible and if yes then what will be the fuel consumption and wont it mess with the computer or anything in prius...?

Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I have a question for you.

should one buy a car for his "needs" or "wants". little example of myself in Karachi. I drove cars on petrol and thought it would be nice to own a car that would save me some monies - the car of choice in my head was a nissan sunny 1.7D as it can return 18 km/lit given the right conditions.

wandering about I found a VW Golf 1.6D - I knew for damned sure this car is world famous for being super miserly on fuel - I bought it and it used to return a max of 10 km/lit - I then proceeded to adjust it to its factory spec of 20-22 km/lit. it was not even remotely luxury - quite avantgarde to put it nicely - I mean it did not even switch on the roof lamp from the rear doors or even have foam in the front seat backs - it was that spartan.

The difference of wants and needs should not be mixed together. Its never a good idea - e.g. I would WANT a car that rides smoother than a citroen DS and is more economical than a Honda C50 cub motorcycle - it doesnt exist. So I then filter out the little parts - do I need the ultra smooth suspension of the citroen and can afford a bit more fuel for it?

or do I want a car that takes me from point A-B with the least possible fuel cost.
    Yes u are totally right but let me tell u what I think... I think that installing cng in a 95 pajero isnt a foolish thing while installing cng it in a 2005 model is.... Coz one who likes to drive big but cant afford it Atleast he can enjoy the half pleasure of the car by installing cng as it will be easier on his pocket so usay Atleast maza to mile Gari ka pora nai to half he Sai... I hope u understand what am trying to say.
    Peace

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question for you.

should one buy a car for his "needs" or "wants". little example of myself in Karachi. I drove cars on petrol and thought it would be nice to own a car that would save me some monies - the car of choice in my head was a nissan sunny 1.7D as it can return 18 km/lit given the right conditions.

wandering about I found a VW Golf 1.6D - I knew for damned sure this car is world famous for being super miserly on fuel - I bought it and it used to return a max of 10 km/lit - I then proceeded to adjust it to its factory spec of 20-22 km/lit. it was not even remotely luxury - quite avantgarde to put it nicely - I mean it did not even switch on the roof lamp from the rear doors or even have foam in the front seat backs - it was that spartan.

The difference of wants and needs should not be mixed together. Its never a good idea - e.g. I would WANT a car that rides smoother than a citroen DS and is more economical than a Honda C50 cub motorcycle - it doesnt exist. So I then filter out the little parts - do I need the ultra smooth suspension of the citroen and can afford a bit more fuel for it?

or do I want a car that takes me from point A-B with the least possible fuel cost.
    And I think that answer to u question is that one should listen to his brain not his heart and try to balance his needs and wants and always think before making a decision.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by themann4u View Post
    Yes u are totally right but let me tell u what I think... I think that installing cng in a 95 pajero isnt a foolish thing while installing cng it in a 2005 model is.... Coz one who likes to drive big but cant afford it Atleast he can enjoy the half pleasure of the car by installing cng as it will be easier on his pocket so usay Atleast maza to mile Gari ka pora nai to half he Sai... I hope u understand what am trying to say.
    Peace

maza (pleasure) is not a need - its a want.

on the same note - biwi chahiye super model magar uss ka nakhra nahin...

think about it..

another example which I see almost everyday in USA, young girl in her mid 20s gets a job and now wants a car, she browses around and sees a "cute" looking used mini cooper for about 12K - not bad at all....

she thinks that it will suit her perfectly - she buys it

come around 5000 miles - it requires an oil change now - so she goes to the mini dealer and faints when she is told the price is USD 150/- for the oil change (oil required BMW LL01 etc - full synthetic 5w40) She then goes around to small oil shops advertising 20 dollar oil change and they even quote a minimum of 75 dollars. she then swallows the bitter pill and pays the 75 dollars - any general civic/corolla/cobalt/focus/camry/accord/malibu/impala gets the 20 dollar oil change with no question.

come around maintenance time - she is now having nightmares looking at the brake service bill of USD 550/- when brake check/firestone advertise a 100 dollar special price - BUT they dont qualify the mini for that price.

she then is made aware in a very bitter way that she placed her wants over her needs. (it ends with her going to a toyota/honda/nissan/subaru/ford dealer and trading it in with a collosal loss and the previous loan tacked onto her new loan - not smart)

the maza (pleasure) comes at a price and that price is never discounted - e.g. you cannot claim that you enjoyed a party at the gymkhana is you were standing outside the gates (half there arent you)

I hope you got the point.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

think about it..

another example which I see almost everyday in USA, young girl in her mid 20s gets a job and now wants a car, she browses around and sees a "cute" looking used mini cooper for about 12K - not bad at all....

come around 5000 miles - it requires an oil change now - so she goes to the mini dealer and faints when she is told the price is USD 150/- for the oil change (oil required BMW LL01 etc - full synthetic 5w40) She then goes around to small oil shops advertising 20 dollar oil change and they even quote a minimum of 75 dollars. she then swallows the bitter pill and pays the 75 dollars - any general civic/corolla/cobalt/focus/camry/accord/malibu/impala gets the 20 dollar oil change with no question.

come around maintenance time - she is now having nightmares looking at the brake service bill of USD 550/- when brake check/firestone advertise a 100 dollar special price - BUT they dont qualify the mini for that price.

she then is made aware in a very bitter way that she placed her wants over her needs. (it ends with her going to a toyota/honda/nissan/subaru/ford dealer and trading it in with a collosal loss and the previous loan tacked onto her new loan - not smart)

the maza (pleasure) comes at a price and that price is never discounted - e.g. you cannot claim that you enjoyed a party at the gymkhana is you were standing outside the gates (half there arent you)

Yes u are totally right I agree with you but I think that if u can maintain the car and think that its an intelligent way to run a car on cng as where u live cng is not a problem and Agar cng na mili to no prb petrol pe chala lein ge.... So I think that this is not on your wants and needs this decision depends on ur thinking I think that it was a wise decision for me coz I liked jeeps and knew that wont gonna go offloading etc so was comfortable by sticking with the cng and thought that it was a wise decision coz believe me I saved a hell of money by using the car on cng but now a days using cng is not advisable by me coz its not easily available and its a fatigue to get cng now.
    Hope u understand my point of view :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What I see these days is, people do everything for fuel savings. They install CNG in hybrid cars, smaller carburetors, spending hours on CNG Lines etc, but they will never buy a bicycle for short trips or plan their journeys, to minimize their traveling expenses.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by themann4u View Post
    Yes u are totally right I agree with you but I think that if u can maintain the car and think that its an intelligent way to run a car on cng as where u live cng is not a problem and Agar cng na mili to no prb petrol pe chala lein ge.... So I think that this is not on your wants and needs this decision depends on ur thinking I think that it was a wise decision for me coz I liked jeeps and knew that wont gonna go offloading etc so was comfortable by sticking with the cng and thought that it was a wise decision coz believe me I saved a hell of money by using the car on cng but now a days using cng is not advisable by me coz its not easily available and its a fatigue to get cng now.
    Hope u understand my point of view :-)

yes - it more sounds like

one should buy a car that one can afford it in "lock stock n barrel" type situation - meaning if its a 1.3 litre engine econo sedan - one should be able to comfortably afford its original running costs - adding CNG can be qualified as a bonus if one can justify the incurred expense.

one should not buy a car that can only be afforded by some rigged up setup like running on CNG and never being able to even fill its petrol tank fully even once in its life.

I think we were saying the same thing with different contexts.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He must be using for cng cylinder transportation may be he is not using it

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad1 View Post
    He must be using for cng cylinder transportation may be he is not using it

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app
    But the locks suggest that it is installed.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The otherday me and my bros were having a heated argument on fuel saving when one of us said, we should buy prius and put cng in it, we all cracked up since it was a pretty disturbing joke but now i see people are actually doing it.
    All of us wants more and more utility totally forgetting that there's a diminishing law that will start to reduce the utility after certain point.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1800 cc car comes with 100k plus mileage 4 grade auction sheet.
    where hybrid battery almost end its life. and consume equals to 1800cc fuel it happen in third world country where mechanics prefer to install cng and take no guarantee of installing used hybrid battery of worth 50k

now you have good choice of buying lower cc hybrid car if the battery end of it life 1300 engine still able to give you 15km/l avg
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/d-i-y-projects/220840-cb350-rebuild-home

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yasirsa View Post
    1800 cc car comes with 100k plus mileage 4 grade auction sheet.
    where hybrid battery almost end its life. and consume equals to 1800cc fuel it happen in third world country where mechanics prefer to install cng and take no guarantee of installing used hybrid battery of worth 50k

now you have good choice of buying lower cc hybrid car if the battery end of it life 1300 engine still able to give you 15km/l avg
    wait...Are you serious about 100k battery life? I hope you are just being sarcastic.
    When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Cr33D View Post
    wait...Are you serious about 100k battery life? I hope you are just being sarcastic.
    company claims 120 to 160 k so assume it as 100k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in pakwheels prius fan club, a member posted a picture of 2gen prius with 300miles on odo and it was still using stock batteries.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in pakwheels prius fan club, a member posted a picture of 2gen prius with 300miles on odo and it was still using stock batteries.

google is ur best friend

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda CRV = dog poo, a dogs poo is universal the world over... It doesnt become "luxury dog poo" because your customs put an import duty on it.
    Good day to you sir!
    Paki logic: everything that costs a ton and is not worth the money => luxury

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is a problem with mileage specially considering cars from Japan - where traffic means "traffic jam" - the car may show low mileage but the powertrain may have an incredible no. of hours on it.

to make it more simple to understand - Police cruisers in USA are auctioned off at EOL - most taxi companies snatch up the crown vics as they are tough as rocks. Usually the engines are shot at about 140,000 miles - its cheap as chips to buy a rebuilt unit - while a civilian model similar crown vic may go 250,000 miles and still be running strong on the same engine.

The problem with cop cars is that they idle a lot - meaning that the engine may actually be run the whole week and the unit driven only 100 miles. So technically a 140,000 mile cop car engine has the wear and tear of a 500,000 mile engine.

This same problem exists with japanese origin cars, specially ultra econoboxes like the prius, it doesnt move that much to have a full drive cycle - not saying that it dies in 2 kms - but its life is considerably questionable at that point - also meaning that you cannot say that "some taxi guy on a USA based forum has driven 1 million kms on his prius original battery and so will my car" the operating conditions are different.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes - it more sounds like

one should buy a car that one can afford it in "lock stock n barrel" type situation - meaning if its a 1.3 litre engine econo sedan - one should be able to comfortably afford its original running costs - adding CNG can be qualified as a bonus if one can justify the incurred expense.

one should not buy a car that can only be afforded by some rigged up setup like running on CNG and never being able to even fill its petrol tank fully even once in its life.

I think we were saying the same thing with different contexts.
    Yes u are right I think we are on the same page and were saying the same thing... :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It all depends on the running conditions that under what conditions have they been runned and how were they maintained

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cng in prius is one big issue now. Jo solve he nai ho pa rha. Petrol bi hy electric car bi hy or kya kya karwao gy prius say. May tu bolta ho engine he nikal do bachat he bachat hy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

think about it..

In A Nutshell......Yahan Auqat Chingchi Rakshaw Lene Ke Hote Ha Aur Lelete Hain Honda Civic.....!!

I Have Seen People Having Their Eyes Popped Out When They Visit Autopart Store And Ask For COP's " Bhai Yeh Coil Kitne Ke Hain" 25,000 Ke 4 Hain ... Salesman says It Like Its No Deal Still Busy In Setting Their Stuff Early In Morning

That Person Who Ask Stand There Like He Have Just Seen A JINN Or Something.......! End Mein...Maganzine Line Se 6000-8000 Ke 4 Coils Dalke Samjhte Hain Hum Ne Hatim Tai Ke Qabar Pe Laat Marde........! Which Hardly End Year Or Two Or If Lucky More....!!

Shashkay Pore Chahiye...Bas Paison Ke Baat Na Karo....Here..Cars Are More Like Their Investment....Maintenance Factor Is Not Considered By 90% Buyers Of Expensive Cars Here
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List