Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Suzuki Swift A/T: Full of Power, but noise problems on bumpy/damaged roads

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Suzuki Swift A/T: Full of Power, but noise problems on bumpy/damaged roads

Hi all,

I got my new Suzuki Swift A/T almost 2 months back and I daily use Kashmir highway Islamabad starting from the toll Plaza till 9th Avenue. The road is terrible; it is all bumpy and damaged on the whole length of it. Now when I drive my car over this road, I can hear horrible sounds coming from.... ah wait, actually the whole body frame is producing sounds. The suspension is also very hard, but then Honda City also has a hard suspension.

This is a stunning car as far as the power is concerned; press the pedal fully and watch the magic happen as it picks up the speed. I'm not even using Hi-Octane fuel which is needed for the A/T version of Swift and yet it does miracles. I'm really in love with the car.

But I'm really frustrated right now with so many different sounds coming from almost everywhere. Can anyone please suggest if there are any shops or individuals who specialize in turning this car's cabin quite in Islamabad? I used to live in G-8 but recently moved to G-14/4. Hence the reason why I have to mostly drive on Kashmir Highway.

The 4 most annoying sounds I hear right now are:

1. Front-left corner pillar, kir-kir type sound
    2. Left pillar which has the seat-belt on it, non-stopping tick tick sound.
    3. Steering area, probably something inside dashboard. I cannot explain the type of sound.
    4. Right-front corner side, squeaking sound probably due to the something loose in wind-shield right wiper.

These are only the prominent sounds that I have mentioned. There are a lot other small noises which only come when the car passes through the part of the road which is damaged.

In comparison, Honda City also has a very hard suspension, but it never produces sounds on bumps or when driven over damaged roads. Or am I wrong?

Regards,
    Ali Awais
    Ali Awais

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vistal View Post
    As far as I know, Toyota does not sell Vitz 1.3 in Pakistan. Has this changed recently?
    Otherwise 2013 model of Vitz is definitely awesome.
    man you can find loads of them.these are imported from japan.i.e jdm
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    man you can find loads of them.these are imported from japan.i.e jdm
    You have probably not read my last post.
    Ali Awais

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vistal View Post
    You have probably not read my last post.
    these aint called used they are called re-conditioned and if they were that bad then indus motors wouldn't beg the govt to change import rule from 5 to 3 years. best of luck with your car but buying a God dammed Suzuki and complaining about weird noises ? you paid for those sounds they are included in it =D
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    these aint called used they are called re-conditioned
    No offence intended, but I would call it a lame argument. Only used cars are supposed to be re-conditioned. And if they are not used, then they don't need to be re-conditioned in the first place.

And just so you know, I've come across quite a few threads on this forum making mention of similar noise problems in non-Suzuki made cars too. For sure you have nothing to suggest for sound dampening, and you seem more interested in imposing your love of JDM or other imported cars on others. Your threads belong to car comparison forums and I would appreciate you post your comments there. Many people would benefit from that.
    Ali Awais

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because we do not have options in Pakistan car assemblers will still build sub standard cars with parts rattling.........

Un less the public stops buying cars that will not happen and unless competition is introduced here...

I am a hypocrite here myself as I just purchased two hondas in the last two years.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear you have to sacrifice on these issues if you want to use a suzuki even if it's a new ride. i bought new liana eminent auto in 2008 and still i have it . i too was very touchy for these noises but after having suzuki i have to bear these things as a norm. if there is some serious issue you have to let it check with pak suzuki and don't care for these minor sounds. btw i also live in G-13 and i also travel through kashmir highway on my lovely suzuki.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not even the cars fault roads are very bad here. Only solution is to turn the music up xD. i also go through kashmir highway everyday pretty bad road
    WaazZZAAAaa xD

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by travelinghell View Post
    if there is some serious issue you have to let it check with pak suzuki and don't care for these minor sounds. btw i also live in G-13 and i also travel through kashmir highway on my lovely suzuki.
    Glad to know you live in the neighborhood I usually go to Suzuki Azim motors service shop in I-10, but these days I'm not getting enough time to visit them. The sounds in the front-left and left pillar were fixed by them but after 2-days of driving they are back. Today (Feb 26) they're offering a Free Checkup Campaign (General Checkup, door adjustment, A/C, Radiator, Head light, and Wind-washer checkup) as per the SMS I received yesterday. So I think after the campaign is over, I'll take out some time and get it checked again from them. I hope this time they fix it once and for all.

For other general noise issues, I still think I might check local shops to get information about who in Islamabad can help with sound deadening using let's say Dynamat or similar things.
    Ali Awais

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ady901 View Post
    Only solution is to turn the music up xD.
    Good one
    Ali Awais

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where to find dampening products in Islamabad?

I have come across the following two products that I'm planning to use:

Cascade VB-1S PRO Quiet Kote Damping Spray
    Suzuki Swift AT Full of Power but noise problems on bumpydamaged roads -1137555

and

MULTIPURPOSE ALUMINUM WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE
    Suzuki Swift AT Full of Power but noise problems on bumpydamaged roads -1137556

The second one is basically a considerably cheap alternative to Dynamat.

Any ideas who could be selling this type of stuff in Islamabad?
    Ali Awais

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i drove a brand new suzuki swift and the most obvious thing in it was these sounds which you are referring to. It was driven only 300 kms at that time. Better get used to them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do not let your car checked by local mechanics they will cause more issues , even they can not figure out from where the sound is coming. this is all because of low standards of Pak Suzuki manufacturing. From the day one my eminent rear seat is not fixed with the hooks below i tried with force but the thing is not gonna fix in the whole provided in the floor so i leave it where it is and other minor issues like side skirts all hooks are not fixed in the body i also leave it on the situation. i don't let it fixed by local mechanics because my experience is they make the problem worse only some of local mechanics are clever in there work.
    the rear left door had sound of tak tak sound i know it's a difficult thing to detect it and fixed by the local or Suzuki mechanics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Ali Awais, I bought Honda City Vtec Manual in Sep 2012 and driven it 10,000 Km till now, Suspension is hard as compared to Corolla but believe me..... there is no issue of sounds and squeaks on bumpy roads. And Honda city seats are way better then any car. It grips you in place and does not let u slip sideways like in Cow rollas :p
    Swift is a good sporty car and was my first choice before City , but I opted for Honda ( considering after sales value of City).
    I have never driven Swift so cant compare its drive with City

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These sounds and Suzuki goes together all the way.
    I purchases new Suzuki alto in 2012 with a combination of multiple annoying sounds. I am too touchy in this regard. Discussed and get checked at Suzuki centre many times but in vain. I always given the understanding to be habitual with this noisy cabin b/c this is normal.
    As the situation was unbearable for me, I had two options, one is to sell the car and 2nd is D.I.Y. and fix the issues. So I adopted the 2nd option and do nothing one year except to locate the culprits and fix them or get them fixed, hence till now I have overcome 70% annoying sound but i am still in the process of searching and resolving. Sound deadening using jambolon in roof, doors, firewall and floor was also part of this cycle.
    Anyway, you will have to exert Ur own brain along with your mechanic if you actually want to achieve this target.
    Wish u good luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilal2good View Post
    Swift is a good sporty car and was my first choice before City , but I opted for Honda ( considering after sales value of City).
    I have never driven Swift so cant compare its drive with City
    Hi Bilal,

Glad to hear your Honda is running perfectly. I am also fan of Honda cars, I have several times been in City of one of my friends. I myself recommend people to avoid Suzuki as much as possible.

But if we forget about the noise issues I've mentioned, Swift is a wonderful small car. Believe it or not, interior feel, if not better, is as good as that of City. And you get all the features that City has, plus two more which City doesn't have i.e. fog lamps, and Immobilizer. And the cost? ...way less than City.

So for me Swift was unavoidable due to these factors:

1) Talking about most recent A/T models, there is no other A/T car that falls in the same price range as Swift i.e. PKR 1,407,000 (PKR 1,366,000 + PKR 41,000 for registration). Compare that to new Honda City Aspire A/T the price is PKR 1,808,000 (PKR 1,755,000 + PKR 11,000 for Freight and octri + PKR 41,000 for registration). The difference in price is *huge*. As @rio2 mentioned in his post, we are limited not only be manufacturers, but also in the number of available & comparable cars in the same price range.

2) The car porch only allowed me to add a small car and Swift fits in perfectly.

I am really determined to get these unusual noise issues fixed, and then I'll have the joy of both comfort + power with my swift.
    Ali Awais

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Locating the source of the noises is the real issue, the solution thereafter is always straightforward.

You're going to have to spend some time in locating the noises. I know its an arduous task because I have custom audio gear and it rattles the ***** out of the panels etc
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aiktoonamila View Post
    you will have to exert Ur own brain along with your mechanic if you actually want to achieve this target.
    I've already started to work on this. Yesterday I took off the left pillar panel and found quite a few things that could be fixed. Especially the part on which seat belt is rolled on. It had a lot of vibrations even when hit with hands due to a loose plastic part. When I applied pressure using thumb on that part, the sound almost disappeared. Secondly, rear left door's shiny plastic portion on the panel also had vibrations in it. Although I haven't fixed it yet, but I believe I'll take it off of the panel and insert some foam and then install it back. This should fix it. Will post results when I'm done.
    Ali Awais

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats the spirit.
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How to reduce road noise in mira es ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any one who have tried to reduce these noises in swift???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List