I just don't quite understand what the Chief Executive of IMC (Indus Motor Company) Mr. Pervez Ghias is crowing about when there is nothing to crow about in the first place.
Here are my points about his substandard product:
1. He is talking about $100 million in technology transfer whereas this car is based on a 1990s technology. Why do I say that? Here is why:
a) This car does not have an immobiliser to deter against car theft. This is a big shame along being immoral and unacceptable. Corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan just because it doesn't have an immobiliser.
b) I believe that IMC has done it on purpose in connivance with the car-lifter Mafia (the car thieves) so that more and more Corollas are stolen creating more demand.
c) This car doesn't have a passenger side airbag in the front let alone any SIPS (Side Impact Protection System) airbags or the ones protecting your knees. In the developed world we will see a whopping 10 or more airbags in cars whereas Mr. Ghias's piece of trash contains only one.
d) Mr. Ghias's piece of trash doesn't have any climate control. This makes his Corolla a substandard product.
2. I don't know why IMC's CEO is lying so much about his product as being technologically advanced. I don't see any technology in a car based on the science of the 1990s: No immobiliser, no ample airbags and no climate control.
3. I don't know why the end-user is being offered a car without the technologically advanced features when the price-tag is more than 2 million and the CEO has the audacity of bragging about his substandard car as being 'technologically advanced.' What a lie, lies, lies, lies everywhere. Maloom nahin hamaray muashray main JHOOT itna kyun bola jata hay. Shiad iss liyay kay jhoot itna boloo kay apnay aap ko bhee such layay.
4. The bottom line is that IMC is cheating its clients. The government is a culprit too. Both the government and IMC are doing all this in connivance with each other.
5. There are reports that the Mafia of the local car assemblers pays kickbacks to the government so that the import of quality cars from Japan, Germany and the UK be restricted helping them (local car assemblers) cheat the Pakistani end-users.
6. IMC calls her car marvelous, this is quite ridiculous as the 2014 Corolla by IMC is a substandard product.
7. I wonder how they call their car 11th generation when it is the same car under the hood as the 10th generation. Only the body-shell has been changed. What's more ridiculous is that all the body-shells in Pakistan are hand-weld and not by robots. Hand welding introduces fatigue into the sheet metal decreasing its strength in contrast to if we do the same job by robots which is of higher quality.
8. I've not seen the car but once I see it I'll post my review on it. I'll be honest, fair and unbiased in my analysis.
9. I'd rather commute on a donkey-cart than support IMC by buying her substandard product to do so. I badly need a new car and was 100% ready to buy the new Corolla from IMC but after looking at its specs I've said no to it. IMC can make a fool out of someone else but not me.
10. I'm a die hard Toyota fan. I've a 2014 Toyota Avalon in the US which I bought brand new. Boy, it is a quality car! Lexus? My word, it is giving the Mercedes S Class (S Klasse) a run for her money. In Pakistan Indus Motor Company is making a fool out of all of us.
I don't have time to write long posts on pakwheels but I'm doing exactly that just because I want to spread awareness about the deceit and immorality of local car assemblers, in particular of IMC when it is bragging about its new 2014 Corolla as technologically advanced whereas in fact it is a very substandard product. I being a very fast typist helps me write long reviews.