- The finish and overall build quality of the car (Altis Variants) is average.
Like there is this notorious "Back Light Alignment issue" with almost every other car.
My car's paint work is quite good, but the front bumper spacing (right-side) has not been properly taken care of. Its not something really big, but i think it should be perfect
But for the GLi/XLi variants, people do check your car's paint work before receiving it. Many cars have quite poor paint job, mostly bumpers/door handles(color mismatch). At least this is what i observed in few cars at Toyota Capital Motors in my recent visit.
It feels some of the dashboard fittings were assembled in a hurry though, they are not perfectly aligned (Talking about the dashboard side facing the doors, from front everything looks perfect.
No noise is coming from my interior and trust me i am driving this car on pretty bad roads these days.
Thank god, there is no "Sunroof molding issue" in my car.
The trunk and fuel door release labels are just stickers, which are going to fade away pretty quick.
Now these are my observations:
- The front and back doors are large and easy to open/close, so this eases up the entering/exiting process.
- The acceleration is rapid with quick burst of power once you floor it.
- The extraordinary thing about this 2 ZR-FE engine is its torque range; you can accelerate it swiftly at any given speed.
- The Clutch is light and gear engagement is smooth.
- The brakes are solid and they provide a reassuring feel.
- The leather wrapped steering wheel is a treat to touch, accessible because of its tilt and telescoping feature (Gives a good feedback).
- The steering gets stiff with increasing the speed, and on slower speeds its light as a feather.(EPS works well)
- Sound quality of the Infotainment system is above average with adequate bass, for a normal person.
- The Moonroof/sunroof gives the Cabin Space an airier feeling.
- There are quite many spaces where you can keep your gadgets while driving.
- The side mirrors are wide enough to help the driver's visibility.
- The Navigation module is quite accurate and fast(It takes hardly 5 sec to locate the position no matter its Day/Night/Cloudy or Raining)
I have to mention here that i am not using any internet to facilitate the Navigation Module. (Nav Software "SYGIC")
- The rear seats are comfortable and supportive and there is no issue of leg space/headspace. The rear seats are comfortable enough, even if they are not reclined completely.
- When sitting in the cabin the outward visibility is quite good from front and on the sides, but the backside visibility is a major issue!! (Thank god they are giving rear view camera)
- Road noise and cabin noise are considerably less than the previous generations. Because of the good insulation, you feel quite comfortable whether you are stuck in a huge traffic or cruising down the highway.
For the review regarding Infotainment System, please go through the earlier posts. Thanks.