@all Nice queries. I have missed a lot of good discussions
You can go to FRIENDS Autos and meet Khalid(03219562840) or Amjad(03219502868). Both are honest individuals. They use to work for Federal Autos but left the workshop because of their dishonest methods. Geniune parts are available there and if some part is not available then they can arrange it for you.
As for Engine Overhaul, results are excellent if mechanic knows the engine well and is aquinted with it since few years. Replacement parts make a difference as non-geniune parts can ruin the whole overhaul procedure. Good kharati plays a important role and this is usually decided by the mechanic as per his experience. Driving habits are important. For the first 1000km, drive below 60km/hr. Keep RPM below 3000rpm i.e keep gear shifting ideal. No hard Starts. First oil change with filter at 1000km the every 4000km with alternating changing of oil filter.
Kabli engine, good option but depends usually on luck that if engine bought had been used excellently with good maintenance record only then it works for longer duration of time with excellent performance
- Is it easily saleable in teh market? Does this car has its main market in RWP/Islamabad.?
Daewoo has good resale market value esp in RWP/ISB
- Its maintenance cost is cheap or not as compare to baleno.
Maintenance is cheaper to baleno(Spare parts but acessories are costlier)
- Whether or not its parts are easily available in the market.
Daewoo parts are easily available from workshops mentioned in this forum.
- what is DOHC engine and what is stock engine?
DOHC (Dual Over Head Camshaft) produces more torque and better feul efficiency then the stock SOHC (Single Over Head Camshaft) engine. This topic has already been explained in detail by me and other Pakwheels members thus I wont go into detail just open this link https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!57474~ForumID!10~pw.html
- i have read in this thread that its better to buy a kabli engine instead of overhauling the existing one, why is it so? does it means that daewoo engine over haule is not done properly in our country.
As already explained above depends on mechanics
- what would be the price of a daewoo racer or cielo with perfecr engine, body paint.
around 250000 - 350000 (Daewoo Racer well maintained), around 400000(Daewoo Racer original low mileage collectors item condition)
Converted Cielo depending on intalled acessories 300000 - 400000
- Is Cielo better than racer?
Cielo is converted model in Pakistan by local mechanics thus a good excellently converted vehicle including electrical/mechanical/body/acessories will be just like using new vehicle whereas Daewoo racer on the other hand in original condition sparingly used is better option as car is ORIGINAL!!! but still its every body`s own decision.