First of all, i have never been fond of this Nawaz hakoomat. I know very well that these people like to waste money only for their personal gain and thats all. Giving Laptops, Scooters, Making roads is gonna give a poor man NOTHING. They are wasting TAX PAYING CITIZENS' MONEY SINGLE HANDEDLY and stupid awaam is still supporting them like they are doing a "FINE JOB".
Its gives me immense pain to see there still are people out there who support these bloody idiots and are actually very extreme about it.
They need to focus on other problems instead of cheap tactics like these to gain more popularity.
Now, the question about whether or not Women should ride bikes? I can't say i am against it. But then i am also not accepting it, because of the situation of Pakistan.
Some of the people have raised valid concerns (as @farhananwarkhan) about Women and how this decision will negatively affect them. But the way these arguments were raised, were implying a "very restrictive rules for women" while its not the case.
Let me explain. Disregard the situation of Pakistan a minute.
Whenever women have to go anywhere, they have to rely either:
- On buses & vans which will obviously mean more khuwari, more time being wasted than originally intended, and is definitely not safe.
- On Men (Brothers, Husbands, Fathers etc) ... for them to take care of their women wherever they want to go. Its a huge responsibility for men which Alhamdullillah, many "Shareef" people are forced to follow inorder to ensure the safety of their "Respect" & "Women".
Now, Imagine a MAN in the same place. If you had a Conveyance of Yourself, would you EVER leave that inplace of a Public Transport?
Obviously NOT. Because:
- Faster means of transfer hence time saving
- Comfortable than Public Transport
- Definitely Less Expensive as compared to Public Transport (conditional)
- Risk is however always there.
Now, Imagine a WOMAN in the same place. If she had a Conveyance of Herself, Wouldn't it be more Easy & Convenient for her to visit places she want?
Ofcourse counter argument can be made about the "Negative Side of this picture". (for which there are many -ve points ... MANY) ... but i am just trying to make a point, which i hope is delivered.
Anyway, to put it simply ... I AM AGAINST THIS IDEA. And there are MANY reasons. SO MANY infact that it'll make you drive crazy.