Weather clears for Japan qualifying
Formula 1 teams have been greeted with much improved weather at Suzuka on Sunday morning - meaning delayed qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix will be able to go ahead.
Briatore open to F1 return in new role
Flavio Briatore has admitted that there is now a 'possibility' that he will return to a role in Formula 1 soon - even though he has ruled out becoming a team boss again.
Teams expect Korean GP to go ahead
Formula 1 teams are now fully expecting the Korean Grand Prix to go ahead in a fortnight's time, despite doubts earlier this month that the event would happen.
Sauber in the dark over upgrades
Sauber will go into this morning's postponed qualifying session for the Japanese Grand Prix blind having been unable to try out significant set-up changes made after Friday practice.
Vettel leads Red Bull front row in Japan
Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber delivered the anticipated all-Red Bull front row with a commanding performance in the postponed Japanese Grand Prix qualifying session at a now-dry Suzuka.
[U]<font color='blue'>Japanese GP Qualifying Session</font>[/U]
Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m32.035s 1m31.184s 1m30.785s
2. Mark Webber Red Bull 1m32.476s 1m31.241s 1m30.853s
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren 1m32.809s 1m31.523s 1m31.169s
4. Robert Kubica Renault 1m32.808s 1m32.042s 1m31.231s
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m32.555s 1m31.819s 1m31.352s
6. Jenson Button McLaren 1m32.636s 1m31.763s 1m31.378s
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m32.238s 1m31.886s 1m31.494s
8. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1m32.361s 1m31.874s 1m31.535s
9. Nico Hulkenberg Williams 1m32.211s 1m31.926s 1m31.559s
10. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m32.513s 1m32.073s 1m31.846s
11. Nick Heidfeld Sauber 1m33.011s 1m32.187s
12. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m32.721s 1m32.321s
13. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m32.849s 1m32.422s
14. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1m32.783s 1m32.427s
15. Adrian Sutil Force India 1m33.186s 1m32.659s
16. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso 1m33.471s 1m33.071s
17. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India 1m33.216s 1m33.154s
18. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1m33.568s
19. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1m35.346s
20. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus 1m35.464s
21. Lucas di Grassi Virgin 1m36.265s
22. Timo Glock Virgin 1m36.332s
23. Bruno Senna Hispania 1m37.270s
24. Sakon Yamamoto Hispania 1m37.365s
Hamilton relieved to be third-fastest
Lewis Hamilton believes third in Suzuka qualifying was the best result he could have hoped for given Red Bull's pace and his dramas this weekend.
Vettel confident after taking pole
Sebastian Vettel says Red Bull's confidence ahead of the race for the Japanese Grand Prix is justified following a dominant performance for the team in the delayed qualifying session at Suzuka.
Williams accuses Hamilton of blocking
The Williams team has lodged an official protest against Lewis Hamilton over the Briton's alleged blocking of Williams driver Nico Hulkenberg in Q3 at Suzuka.
Alonso targets podium finish in race
Fernando Alonso believes a podium finish is possible after qualifying fourth on the grid for the Japanese Grand Prix following Lewis Hamilton's five-place grid drop.
Button optimistic about tyre 'gamble'
Jenson Button believes his tyre strategy for the Japanese Grand Prix is a sensible gamble, with the world champion the only man in the top 10 choosing to start on the harder Bridgestone today.
Whitmarsh: Button tactic best for race
McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh believes Jenson Button is in good shape for the Japanese Grand Prix after opting for prime tyres in qualifying, even though he is only starting in fifth place.
Heidfeld admits he's still learning
Nick Heidfeld felt he still had some way to go to fully reacclimatise to Formula 1 after narrowly missing out on a top 10 start in the Japanese Grand Prix.
Hamilton avoids blocking penalty
Lewis Hamilton will not receive any further grid penalty for the Japanese Grand Prix after the stewards rejected a protest from the Williams team over the Briton's driving in qualifying.
McLaren: Gearbox choice was tactical
McLaren opted not to make a precautionary change of Lewis Hamilton's faulty gearbox before the Japanese Grand Prix because the outfit wanted to give him a fresh unit for the final three races.