Vettel storms to Chinese GP pole
Sebastian Vettel claimed his third pole position in four races this season with another stunning late lap in qualifying at Shanghai.
Chinese GP Qualifying Session Results
Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1:36.317 1:35.280 1:34.558
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:35.978 1:35.100 1:34.806
3. Alonso Ferrari 1:35.987 1:35.235 1:34.913
4. Rosberg Mercedes 1:35.952 1:35.134 1:34.923
5. Button McLaren-Mercedes 1:36.122 1:35.443 1:34.979
6. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:35.641 1:34.928 1:35.034
7. Massa Ferrari 1:36.076 1:35.290 1:35.180
8. Kubica Renault 1:36.348 1:35.550 1:35.364
9. Schumacher Mercedes 1:36.484 1:35.715 1:35.646
10. Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1:36.671 1:35.665 1:35.963
11. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1:36.664 1:35.748
12. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:36.618 1:36.047
13. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:36.793 1:36.149
14. Petrov Renault 1:37.031 1:36.311
15. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1:37.044 1:36.422
16. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1:37.049 1:36.647
17. de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1:37.050 1:37.020
18. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1:37.161
19. Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.278
20. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1:39.399
21. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1:39.520
22. di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1:39.783
23. Senna HRT-Cosworth 1:40.469
24. Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 1:40.578
Vettel hails 'fantastic' pole lap
Sebastian Vettel hailed his final qualifying lap as "fantastic" after securing pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Hamilton baffled by poor Q3 result
Lewis Hamilton was puzzled by his slump at the end of qualifying in China, and had no idea why he was unable to challenge for pole having topped both Q1 and Q2.
Alonso confident of strong race pace
Fernando Alonso is optimistic he will be stronger in the race tomorrow after securing third place on the grid for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Webber happy despite no pole
Mark Webber says he is pleased with his effort in qualifying, despite being beaten by his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel, who scored his third pole position in four races this year.
Buemi hopes set-up gamble pays off
Sebastien Buemi is hoping the gamble to opt for a wet-weather set-up pays off tomorrow if the rains hit the Chinese Grand Prix.
Kubica happy with best performance yet
Robert Kubica declared himself happy after qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix, after the Renault driver said he put on his best performance of the season yet.
Schumacher disappointed with showing
A disappointed Michael Schumacher says he is still aiming for a good points finish at the Chinese Grand Prix tomorrow.
Hamilton surprised by weaving row
Lewis Hamilton has said he does not understand why there was so much fuss over his defensive weaving against Vitaly Petrov at the Malaysian Grand Prix - but has promised not to drive in such a manner again.
Cooper Avon enters race for 2011 tyres
Cooper Avon has emerged as a surprise late contender to supply Formula 1 tyres next season, AUTOSPORT has learned, despite teams having agreed in principle a deal with Michelin.
Schumacher not expecting race progress
Michael Schumacher sees little chance of his Chinese Grand Prix weekend improving in tomorrow's race, as he expects to continue to struggle with the handling of his Mercedes.
@UK and m_waqas
Thanks guys, for such complements, its you guys whose appreciation makes me try harder to come up with the best info I can find for this thread.
No, there was no problem on my side just I was doing some personal work and also as soon as the qualifying ends our scheduled loadshedding starts so thatswhy I was not able to post earlier.
Michal is gathering data for the B-spec car which will most likely comes in Barcelona and have F-Duct too and I will not be amazed if he starts getting better. I was rather amazed by the fact that what happens to McLaren's F-Duct advantage even on the speed trap Kobayashi, Senna were having almost the same speed as the McLarens, although Sauber have their own F-Duct version but how could HRT have such high pace is still unknown.
Also I am impress by the new teams they all were well with in the 107% time and they have achieved it earlier then I expect them to do it. As for Vettel's pole I just can't say anything he has shown here last year how good he is when he only did 1 flying lap in all the 3 qualifying sessions to take the pole.