Ecclestone pushing for meeting over Lotus and Renault name changes
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is hoping to get teams together early next month to try and sort out the naming issue relating to Team Lotus and Renault.
Sauber uses first curfew exception at Suzuka
Sauber has used up one of its four curfew exceptions at the Japanese Grand Prix after staff stayed at the track late on Friday to work on the latest car updates.
Vettel pips Button to secure 12th season pole at Suzuka
Sebastian Vettel took his 12th pole position of the season at Suzuka, denying Jenson Button the top spot by just 0.009 seconds.
<font face='Courier New'><font size='2'><font color='Navy'>[U]Japanese GP Qualifying Session[/U]</font></font></font>
<font color='DarkOrchid'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap </font>
1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m30.466s
2. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m30.475s + 0.009
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m30.617s + 0.151
4. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m30.804s + 0.338
5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m30.886s + 0.420
6. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m31.156s + 0.690
7. Michael Schumacher Mercedes no time
8. Vitaly Petrov Renault no time
9. Bruno Senna Renault no time
10. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari no time
<font color='DarkOrchid'>Q2 cut-off time: 1m32.380s Gap **</font>
11. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m32.463s + 1.997
12. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m32.746s + 2.280
13. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m33.079s + 2.613
14. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m33.224s + 2.758
15. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m33.227s + 2.761
16. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m33.427s + 2.961
17. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari no time
<font color='DarkOrchid'>Q1 cut-off time: 1m35.111s Gap *</font>
18. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m35.454s + 4.988
19. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m35.514s + 5.048
20. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m36.439s + 5.973
21. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m36.507s + 6.041
22. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1m37.846s + 7.380
23. Nico Rosberg Mercedes no time
24. Tonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth no time
<font color='Purple'>107% time: 1m39.109s
* Gap to quickest in Q1
** Gap to quickest in Q2</font>
Button says he got all out of his car to secure second place on the grid at Suzuka
Jenson Button admitted he felt his fastest lap in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix would be enough for pole, the Briton claiming he got everything out of his car.
Vettel thrilled with 'tough' Japanese Grand Prix pole
Sebastian Vettel described his 12th pole position of the 2011 season as his toughest of the year so far, saying he was delighted to deliver the result despite a tough build-up at Suzuka.
Hamilton says Schumacher's move during qualifying was dangerous
Lewis Hamilton was left frustrated after he was unable to complete his final run in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix, labelling his incident with Michael Schumacher as dangerous.
Toro Rosso admits it misjudged Japanese Grand Prix qualifying
Toro Rosso says it deliberately prioritised its race plans over qualifying at Suzuka - but still had regrets over its handling of the session after seeing its cars consigned to the eighth row of the Japanese Grand Prix grid.
Liuzzi rues 'terrible' weekend so far after more problems in qualifying
Tonio Liuzzi has labelled his Japanese Grand Prix weekend so far as 'terrible' after hitting more problems on Saturday.
Webber: Q3 mess with Hamilton and Schumacher was no one's fault
Mark Webber described the Suzuka Q3 traffic jam involving his Red Bull, Lewis Hamilton's McLaren and Michael Schumacher's Mercedes as an unfortunate accident of timing, but nobody's fault.
Alonso not surprised by lack of pace after qualifying in fifth at Suzuka
Fernando Alonso admitted he was not surprised by his result in qualifying for the Japanese Grand Prix, despite finishing in fifth position.
Liuzzi, Rosberg allowed to race in Japan despite not posting a time in qualifying
Nico Rosberg and Tonio Liuzzi have been given the green light to race in the Japanese Grand Prix despite failing to set a time in qualifying.
Horner reveals Vettel got latest spec front wing right before qualifying
Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner has revealed that the new front wing parts that helped Sebastian Vettel claim a sensational pole position for the Japanese Grand Prix only arrived at the track 30 minutes before qualifying.
Pirelli's Paul Hembery says lack of running in qualifying 'robbing' the fans
Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery believes the fans are being robbed of a show in qualifying with the current Formula 1 regulations.
Kobayashi to start from seventh place after provisional grid is announced
Kamui Kobayashi will start the Japanese Grand Prix from seventh position after the FIA revealed the official grid for tomorrow's race.