Webber leads all-Red Bull front row for the British Grand Prix
Mark Webber beat his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel to pole position for the British Grand Prix, as the champion team continued to lead the way in qualifying despite its fears that it would be disadvantaged by the exhaust rules controversy.
<font face='Courier New'><font color='navy'>[U]British GP Qualifying Session[/U]</font></font>
<font color='darkorchid'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap </font>
1. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m30.399s
2. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m30.431s + 0.032
3. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m30.516s + 0.117
4. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m31.124s + 0.725
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m31.989s + 1.590
6. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m31.929s + 1.530
7. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m31.933s + 1.534
8. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m32.128s + 1.729
9. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m32.209s + 1.810
10. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m32.376s + 1.977
<font color='darkorchid'>Q2 cut-off time: 1m32.588s Gap **</font>
11. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m32.617s + 0.977
12. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m32.624s + 0.984
13. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m32.656s + 1.016
14. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m32.734s + 1.094
15. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m33.119s + 1.479
16. Nick Heidfeld Renault 1m33.805s + 2.165
17. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m34.821s + 3.181
<font color='darkorchid'>Q1 cut-off time: 1m35.132s Gap *</font>
18. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m35.245s + 2.575
19. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m35.749s + 3.079
20. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m36.203s + 3.533
21. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m36.456s + 3.786
22. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m37.154s + 4.484
23. Tonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth 1m37.484s + 4.814
24. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1m38.059s + 5.389
<font color='purple'>107% time: 1m39.156s</font>
<font color='purple'>* Gap to quickest in Q1</font>
<font color='purple'>** Gap to quickest in Q2</font>
Alguersuari stays positive for the British GP despite Q1 exit
Jaime Alguersuari is staying positive about his chances of scoring in the British Grand Prix despite a disappointing qualifying.
Vettel happy to show Red Bull still is the team to beat despite rule changes
Sebastian Vettel was happy with second place on the grid for the British Grand Prix, as the team showed it was still ahead in qualifying trim despite the diffuser row.
Webber says Silverstone pole not a 'reply' to exhaust rules row
British Grand Prix pole-winner Mark Webber denied that there was any extra satisfaction from the result because of the controversy over rule adjustments this weekend.
Button mystified by 'massive' gap to pole position at Silverstone
Jenson Button admitted it was not easy to accept what he labelled as a "massive" gap to the fastest cars in qualifying for the British Grand Prix.
Alonso says Ferrari's progress is real and not because rules have hurt rivals more
Fernando Alonso thinks Ferrari's gains in Silverstone qualifying were due to genuine progress with the team's development efforts, rather than other squads having been pegged back by the FIA's exhaust rules clampdown.
Maldonado upbeat for British Grand Prix after top-ten performance
Pastor Maldonado is confident of a strong result in the British Grand Prix after qualifying in the top ten on Saturday.
Paul di Resta says sixth on British Grand Prix reflects Force India's potential
Paul di Resta is confident that his sixth place on the grid for his maiden home grand prix is a legitimate reflection of Force India's pace at Silverstone and owes little to the rain in qualifying.
FIA backtracks on diffuser clampdown if all F1 teams agree
Formula 1's ruling body, the FIA, has decided to backtrack on its blown diffuser clampdown following days of controversy over the matter.
McLaren admits it has failed to respond well to rule changes
McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh admits his team has been hit hard by the regulation changes introduced for this weekend's British Grand Prix.
Teams to consider diffuser rule offer on Sunday morning
Formula 1 teams will meet on race morning at the British Grand Prix to try and reach agreement on a move to ditch the ban on the off-throttle use of blown diffusers, with outfits not yet unanimous in their support of the matter.