Michael Schumacher quickest in second practice for the Chinese Grand Prix
Michael Schumacher ended the first day of practice for the Chinese Grand Prix on top of the timesheets.
<font face='Courier New'>[U]<font color='Gray'>Chinese GP</font>
<font color='SandyBrown'>Practice Session 2</font>[/U]</font>
<font color='DarkOrchid'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps</font>
1. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m35.973 32
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.145s + 0.172 29
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m36.160s + 0.187 26
4. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m36.433s + 0.460 23
5. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m36.617s + 0.644 30
6. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m36.711s + 0.738 27
7. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m36.956s + 0.983 28
8. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m36.966s + 0.993 30
9. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m37.191s + 1.218 30
10. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m37.316s + 1.343 32
11. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m37.417s + 1.444 22
12. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m37.616s + 1.643 33
13. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m37.836s + 1.863 30
14. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m37.930s + 1.957 31
15. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m37.972s + 1.999 25
16. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m38.176s + 2.203 34
17. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m38.293s + 2.320 30
18. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1m38.783s + 2.810 37
19. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1m38.990s + 3.017 36
20. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m39.346s + 3.373 19
21. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m39.651s + 3.678 15
22. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m40.343s + 4.370 24
23. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m40.753s + 4.780 30
24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m41.125s + 5.162 26
Vettel more comfortable with Red Bull's RB8 after Friday practice in China
Sebastian Vettel found the Red Bull RB8 more comfortable to drive during Friday practice for the Chinese Grand Prix after switching to the exhaust design used during pre-season testing.
Van der Garde feels he did his best in first outing with Caterham in China
Giedo van der Garde felt he delivered the maximum he could for Caterham in his first appearance in a grand prix weekend practice session at Shanghai on Friday.
Perez struggles with brake issues
Sergio Perez says he struggled with brake issues during second practice for the Chinese Grand Prix on Friday.
Bahrain welcomes FIA decision to keep grand prix
The Bahrain International Circuit has welcomed the FIA's announcement of this morning confirming that the kingdom's grand prix will go ahead next week.
Ferrari says Chinese Grand Prix upgrades a step forward
Ferrari technical director Pat Fry says the upgrades the team has brought to Shanghai are a step forward - but that this will not be apparent in the Chinese Grand Prix as the circuit characteristics do not suit the F2012.
Hamilton upbeat about McLaren's long-run pace after Chinese GP practice
Lewis Hamilton is upbeat about the long-run pace of his McLaren, which he hopes will make him a contender for victory in China despite a five-place grid penalty.
Marussia investigating front wing issue following Timo Glock's accident
Marussia is still investigating the cause of Timo Glock's accident in practice to work out if his front wing failed before he went off the track.
Nico Rosberg expects more tyre issues for Mercedes in the Chinese Grand Prix
Nico Rosberg says it could take several weeks for the Mercedes to be competitive in race conditions.
March, Reynard and BAR engineering guru Bill Stone dies aged 72
Bill Stone, a key figure in the histories of racing car constructors March and Reynard, died earlier this week at the age of 72.
Damon Hill now fully behind FIA's Bahrain Grand Prix decision
Damon Hill says he is now 100 per cent behind the decision by the FIA to let the Bahrain Grand Prix go ahead.
Mercedes focused on race pace
Ross Brawn confirmed that Mercedes had spent most of Friday practice focusing on race pace despite setting the fastest time of the day.
'Trouble-free day' for Schumacher
Michael Schumacher was encouraged by a "trouble-free day" for Mercedes after setting the fastest time of Friday practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.
Massa blames Glock for time
Felipe Massa said that his 17th place in the FP2 classification was a result of Timo Glock going off at turn one.
Button struggling to extract pace
Jenson Button admitted that he was struggling to extract the pace from his McLaren during Friday practice at Shanghai.
Raikkonen eyes strong race despite Friday struggle
Kimi Raikkonen is confident Lotus can score its best result of the season at the Chinese Grand Prix this weekend despite a poor showing in Friday practice.
Red Bull learning quickly - Webber
Mark Webber is confident Red Bull gathered plenty of data during Friday practice for the Chinese Grand Prix, after the two RB8s ran different exhaust layouts.
Amnesty International says Bahrain crisis no better than when 2011 Formula 1 grand prix was cancelled
Amnesty International claims the situation in Bahrain has not improved since the 2011 grand prix was cancelled - and says Formula 1 risks being used as a political tool by allowing next weekend's race to go ahead.