Fernando Alonso grabs pole at wet Hockenheim ahead of German Grand Prix
Fernando Alonso secured his second straight pole position as German Grand Prix qualifying at Hockenheim became a last-minute scramble on a wet track.
<font face='courier new'>[U]<font color='#808080'>German GP</font>
<font color='#ffa500'>Qualifying Session</font>
[/U]</font><font color='#4b0082'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap </font>
1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m40.621s
2. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m41.026s + 0.405
3. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m41.496s + 1.838
4. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m42.459s + 2.880
5. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m43.501s + 3.329
6. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m43.950s + 3.492
7. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m44.113s + 3.565
8. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m44.186s + 0.875
9. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m44.889s + 4.268
10. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m45.811s + 5.190
<font color='#4b0082'>Q2 cut-off time: 1m39.729s Gap **</font>
11. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m39.789s + 2.424
12. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m39.933s + 2.568
13. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m39.985s + 2.620
14. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m40.212s + 2.847
15. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m40.574s + 3.209
16. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1m40.752s + 3.387
17. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m41.551s + 4.186<font color='#4b0082'>
Q1 cut-off time: 1m16.686s Gap *</font>
18. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m16.741s + 1.048
19. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1m17.620s + 1.927
20. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m18.531s + 2.838
21. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m19.220s + 3.527
22. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m19.291s + 3.598
23. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m19.912s + 4.219
24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m20.230s + 4.537
<font color='#008000'>107% time: 1m20.991s * Gap to quickest in Q1 ** Gap to quickest in Q2</font>
Sebastian Vettel unhappy with German Grand Prix qualifying performance
Sebastian Vettel said he was not happy with his qualifying lap in Q3, and reckons pole position for the German Grand Prix was possible for him.
Heikki Kovalainen: Caterham needs dry mileage to exploit latest upgrade
Heikki Kovalainen insists his Caterham team will need more dry running before it can extract the full potential from its recently-introduced upgrades.
Alonso says track conditions during Q3 in Germany were 'on the limit'
Fernando Alonso believes that running in the wet weather conditions in Q3 was 'right on the limit' in spite of taking his 21st career pole position in qualifying for the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim.
Webber believes he could have qualified better had he followed Alonso's strategy
Mark Webber admitted he would have qualified better for the German Grand Prix had he followed polesitter Fernando Alonso's example and put on fresh wet tyres during Q3 at Hockenheim, but said he was still satisfied with third fastest.
Pedro de la Rosa wants HRT's rivals to show more respect on track
Pedro de la Rosa called for more respect for drivers in slower cars after being impeded by a rival during qualifying for the German Grand Prix.
Kamui Kobayashi: Top 10 would've been 'easy' for Sauber in dry German Grand Prix qualfying
Kamui Kobayashi is convinced he would have easily qualified in the top 10 for the German Grand Prix had it not been wet during the grid-deciding session.
Romain Grosjean concerned about his Lotus's lack of pace in German Grand Prix qualifying
Romain Grosjean is worried about his car's lack of pace after a disappointing qualifying for the German Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton mystified by lack of pace in qualifying for the German Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton admitted he was confused about where his pace went at the end of German Grand Prix qualifying after only managing eighth place in Q3.