Lewis Hamilton secures McLaren's 150th pole position in the Hungarian Grand Prix
Lewis Hamilton secured McLaren's 150th pole position in F1 and his first since the Malaysian Grand Prix with a dominant performance in qualifying at the Hungaroring.
<font face='courier new'>[U]<font color='#808080'>Hungarian GP</font>
<font color='#ffa500'>Qualifying Session</font>[/U]</font>
<font color='#4b0082'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap </font>
1. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m20.953s
2. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m21.366s + 0.413
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m21.416s + 0.463
4. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m21.583s + 0.630
5. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m21.730s + 0.777
6. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m21.844s + 0.891
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m21.900s + 0.947
8. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m21.939s + 0.986
9. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault 1m22.343s + 1.390
10. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m22.847s + 1.894
<font color='#4b0082'>Q2 cut-off time: 1m21.697s Gap **</font>
11. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m21.715s + 0.655
12. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m21.813s + 0.753
13. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m21.895s + 0.835
14. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m21.895s + 0.835
15. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m22.300s + 1.240
16. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m22.380s + 1.320
17. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m22.723s + 1.663
<font color='#4b0082'>Q1 cut-off time: 1m22.948s Gap *</font>
18. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m23.250s + 1.456
19. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1m23.576s + 1.782
20. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m24.167s + 2.373
21. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m25.244s + 3.450
22. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m25.476s + 3.682
23. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m25.916s + 4.122
24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m26.178s + 4.384
<font color='#008000'>107% time: 1m27.519s * Gap to quickest in Q1 ** Gap to quickest in Q2</font>
Red Bull boss Christian Horner denies team has made illegal parc ferme changes
Red Bull boss Christian Horner insists his team never made illegal changes to its car in parc ferme, despite a fresh controversy erupting over a ride-height adjuster at the Hungarian Grand Prix.
F1 will stick to 20 races next season, Bernie Ecclestone confirms
Formula 1 will stick to 20 races next season, the sport's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone confirmed on Saturday.
Grosjean delighted to answer German GP woes with best F1 qualifying at Hungary
Romain Grosjean was a delighted man after bouncing back from a disastrous weekend at Hockenheim to secure his best ever starting position ahead of the Hungarian GP.
Kobayashi 'doesn't understand' Sauber's struggles in qualifying for the Hungarian GP
Kamui Kobayashi admitted he was baffled as to why his Sauber team struggled to get its tyres working in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Hamilton wary of Lotus's long-run pace after securing pole position for the Hungarian GP
Lewis Hamilton hopes the upgrade package McLaren introduced at the German Grand Prix will help the team cope with the long-run pace of Lotus and Red Bull.
Vettel says poor balance, rather than a revised engine map, was the key factor in Red Bull's Hungarian qualifying form
Sebastian Vettel does not believe that its revised engine mapping was the deciding factor in his failure to take pole position for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Mixed emotions for Force India pair following qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix
Nico Hulkenberg and Paul di Resta both felt they were unable to maximise Force India's potential in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix.
Michael Schumacher says Mercedes is simply not competitive following Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying
Michael Schumacher said that Mercedes just has to accept that it will not be competitive in the Hungarian Grand Prix, after the team's worst showing of the season in qualifying.