Massa sets new fastest time on third day at Jerez
Felipe Massa set the pace on the third day of testing at Jerez as Ferrari let loose with its F138 for the first time this week.
[U]<font face='courier new'><font color='#B22222'>Jerez PreSeason Testing</font>
<font color='#DAA520'>Day 3</font>
<font color='#40E0D0'>Morning Session</font></font>
[/U]<font color='#800080'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps</font>
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m17.879s 49
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m19.004s +1.125 69
3. James Rossiter Force India 1m19.303s +1.424 32
4. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus 1m19.539s +1.660 23
5. Jenson Button McLaren 1m19.603s +1.724 28
6. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m19.676s +1.797 46
7. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1m19.707s +1.828 46
8. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1m19.995s +2.116 61
9. Valtteri Bottas Williams 1m21.578s +3.699 58
10. Max Chilton Marussia 1m23.938s +6.059 27
11. Charles Pic Caterham 1m25.365s +7.486 28
Rossiter apologises for driving in to mechanic
Force India driver James Rossiter has apologised after driving in to a mechanic, who did not sustain any serious injuries, during a pit stop at testing in Jerez.
Field will close up - Vettel
Sebastian Vettel says he expects the 2013 season to be "at least as tight as last year" after his first day in the RB9 at pre-season testing.
'There are a lot of very quick cars' - Massa
Felipe Massa said "there are a lot of very, very quick cars" after setting the fastest time of day three at Jerez.
Reliability problems were 'massively unlucky' - Rosberg
Nico Rosberg said his monster test day in the new Mercedes on Thursday has made up for some of the lost time caused by reliability issues on the first two days at Jerez.
Chilton excited by Marussia potential
Max Chilton said Marussia was pleasantly surprised by the MR02's potential after some performance runs on day three at Jerez.
Raikkonen happy with E21 despite clutch issue
Kimi Raikkonen believes Lotus has a good starting point with the E21 but refused to get too excited about it after just 40 laps on his first day.
New Williams parts 'positive' - Bottas
Valtteri Bottas said some of the new parts being tested on the Williams FW34 on day three of the first test have been "positive".
Gutierrez impressed with C32's increased downforce
Esteban Gutierrez believes Sauber has made good progress with the level of downforce on its new car this year.
Massa claims day three at Jerez
Felipe Massa cemented his place at the top of the timesheets on the third day of action at the Jerez group test by blitzing the previous best times set by Jenson Button and Romain Grosjean.
<font face='courier new'>[U]<font color='#b22222'>Jerez PreSeason Testing</font>
<font color='#daa520'>Day 3</font>
<font color='#40e0d0'>Afternoon Session</font>
[/U]</font><font color='#800080'>Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps</font>
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m17.879s 85
2. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m18.766s +0.887 148
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m19.052s +1.173 102
4. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus 1m19.200s +1.321 40
5. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1m19.247s +1.368 85
6. James Rossiter Force India 1m19.303s +1.424 42
7. Jenson Button McLaren 1m19.603s +1.724 83
8. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber 1m19.934s +2.055 110
9. Max Chilton Marussia 1m21.269s +3.390 78
10. Valtteri Bottas Williams 1m21.575s +3.696 86
11. Charles Pic Caterham 1m22.352s +4.473 57
12. Paul di Resta Force India 1m23.729s +5.850 7
Tost to ‘wait and see’ on Ricciardo, Vergne
Franz Tost has refrained from putting extra pressure on current Toro Rosso drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne, despite the Frenchman admitting that there are capable threats waiting in the wings.
Toro Rosso targeting sixth in 2013
Despite coming off a disappointing end to the 2012 F1 season, Scuderia Toro Rosso is setting itself the challenge of seeing off the likes of Sauber and Force India to claim sixth place in the 2013 constructors' standings.