Recently I formally tested the fuel average of my new manual Honda city which has just done 800KMs.
>>> 16 Km/L
>>> 5 Rs/Km (Where super is 85.20/Liter)
- Car tank was topped upto to the nozzle with super
- Drove 513 Kms (avg 40 Kms daily to my office n back)
[INDENT]- A/C 50% On
- RPM Kept under or upto 2 most of the times
- Soft accelaration was adopted
- Average speed 40 ~ 60 KMs in city with light traffic
- Lhr Canal road was avoided to bring out geniune in city fuel consumption
- Car is all stock except Yokohama Advan DB 195
[/INDENT]- Car fuel again topped up to the nozzle from same pump (PSO Cavelry)
- It was refilled with 31.69 liters for 2700 rupees.
So I was impressed with the fuel consumption as a 1300 CC car on CNG cost around 3.8 or 4 Rs/KM. And this car on petrol is costing me 5.2 rupees. I am also expecting little more improvement after first oil change on 5000 Kms. One thing more the car in dash fuel average was showing me 17kms/L approx during this period which is near to the actual average.