Being an owner of the current generation City 1.3 auto transmission since 2012. I rate it in the following manner:
1. Good shape
2. Better fit and finish as compared to previous generation
3. Direct steering
4. Bolstered, relatively hard seats (some people consider them uncomfortable so it can be a con for them)
1. Poor drivetrain (combination of engine and transmission). Car struggles to maintain speed on motorway as the transmission and engine are not quite compatible. 5 speed auto tries to keep the car in low rpms howeever engine is not tuned to have enough torque in low rpms. Torque shows its evidence after 3k rpm and then the icing on the cake, car never crosses 4.5k before up shifting. Hence the whole 100 hp experience turns into a very confusing experience.
2. Air conditioning is not very effective in Lahori summers. Especially when you park the car under sun in June/July for an hour or more it take good 30mins to cool the cabin.
3. Fuel economy is not impressive either. The max I've achieved in summers in city driving is 9.5km/l and on motorways it's around 12. On the other hand if I compare it to the Altis, that I own, being 1.6 it gives similar figures with much better drive and performance.
4. Car's stability on high speeds is bad. As said before the steering is direct, reponsive and has just the right weight. But on the other hand car sways with the lightest of cross winds.
Any given day I would rate previous generation of city much better than this. On paper it had alot less power but it was much better on road.
As far as performance, air conditioning and economy are concerned the car has been diagnosed by mutilple honda dealerships for no issues. Plus I have compared it to other same gen automatic citys of friends and relatives and they're all the same.
Worst part is I bought this car after reading all the amazing reviews on pakwheels and I'm disappointed.
Let's hope the new one turns out to be better. But Honda needs to do a lot if they want to attract back unhappy customers like me.
Roshan on the run!