h2Yamaha VMAX launched in India/h2
Written by: Yogesh
September 16th, 2009
India Yamaha Motor Pvt Limited has launched Yamaha VMAX in India, at a price of Rs. 20Lakhs (Ex-Showroom Delhi).
Speaking at the launch of Yamaha VMAX in India, India Yamaha Motor Managing Director and CEO Yuki Mine Tsuji said, “I am hopeful that these bikes will get the same kind of enthusiastic response as our recently-launched other products got. The company has registered a year-on-year growth of 80 per cent during the month of January to August and we expect the coming months to be also fruitful.”
Key Features of Yamaha VMAX
- The ultimate power cruiser delivers unmatched performance from its 65-degree, four-valves-percylinder, 1679cc V4—plenty of eye-opening, controllable acceleration from a compact engine that looks as powerful as it is.
- Downdraft four-bore fuel injection with YCC-I intake technology and YCC-T fly-by-wire throttle provide awesome acceleration throughout the broad powerband.
- Lightweight aluminum chassis puts the engine low and forward for mass centralization, resulting in a machine designed to handle curves as well as straightaways.
- Borrowing liberally from advanced sportbike technology, VMAX features a slipper clutch, wave-style brake discs, master cylinders, ABS, and complete suspension adjustability front and rear.
- Functionality and forward-thinking style uniquely combine with features like oxidized-titanium coated 52mm front fork tubes, magnesium engine side covers, fluorinated polyethylene fuel tank and the organic electroluminescence multifunction display.
Yamaha VMAX specification
Type: 1679cc liquid-cooled 65° V-4, DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke: 90.0mm x 66.0mm
Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I
Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission: 5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension/Front: 52mm telescopic cartridge fork w/oxidized titanium coating. Fully adjustable preload, compression and rebound; 4.7 in travel
Suspension/Rear: Single shock w/remote reservoir and remote adjustable for preload, compression and rebound
Brakes/Front: Dual 320mm wave-type discs; radial mount 6-piston calipers, Brembo® radial pump master cylinder
Brakes/Rear: 298mm wave-type disc, single-piston caliper and Brembo® master cylinder
Tires/Front: Bridgestone® Radial 120/70-R18 59V
Tires/Rear: Bridgestone® Radial 200/50-R18 76V
Length: 94.3 in
Width: 32.3 in
Height: 46.8 in
Seat Height: 30.5 in
Wheelbase: 66.9 in
Rake (Caster Angle): 31.0 in
Trail: 5.8 in
Fuel Capacity: 4.0 gal
Fuel Economy: 27 mpg
Wet Weight: 683 lb / 685 lb (CA model)