Stoner leads first day at Sepang
The works Honda team continued with its strong showing in pre-season testing, with Casey Stoner setting the pace on the opening day of running at Sepang on Tuesday.
[U]<font color='darkslateblue'>Sepang MotoGP PreSeason Testing</font>[/U]
[U]<font color='darkred'>Day 1</font>[/U]
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time Gap
1. Casey Stoner Honda 2m00.987s
2. Dani Pedrosa Honda 2m01.360s + 0.373s
3. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha 2m01.468s + 0.481s
4. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha 2m01.654s + 0.667s
5. Andrea Dovizioso Honda 2m01.747s + 0.760s
6. Ben Spies Yamaha 2m01.808s + 0.821s
7. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda 2m01.939s + 0.952s
8. Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 2m01.996s + 1.009s
9. Valentino Rossi Ducati 2m01.999s + 1.012s
10. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki 2m02.224s + 1.237s
11. Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 2m02.645s + 1.658s
12. Nicky Hayden Ducati 2m02.680s + 1.693s
13. Toni Elias LCR Honda 2m02.779s + 1.792s
14. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati 2m02.920s + 1.933s
15. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha 2m02.936s + 1.949s
16. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati 2m03.082s + 2.095s
17. Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 2m03.167s + 2.180s
Rossi happy despite gap to front
Valentino Rossi was pleased with his pace in testing at Sepang despite finishing a second off the quickest time.
Well I would say that it also shows the level of credit crunch too, as for Lorenzo I think Santander should jump in to sponsor him.
Petronas is a sponsor but not the title sponsor.