Checked the new Altis 1.6 today, both Auto and Manual. All I can say is, that guyz who adored the Corolla's name and market status, but loved the Honda for it's features, well, they finally have a great option now.
1) Dual VVT-i 1600cc engine, 121 HP's/6000, Max Torque 154/5200
2) 6 speed, 6 forward gears (M/T)
3) ECO meters. (Fuel average/ consumption gauges)
4) All leather interior, seats + door panels.
5) Wood look furniture panels (New color, Mahogany like)
6) Electric side mirrors. (Retractable)
7) Beautiful, full sized Din 2 upgraded Pioneer audio system.
8) Wheels are alloy, same design as present steel ones of the GLI/XLI, but in alloy.
The Dual VVT-I technology boasts 12% better fuel efficiency, and the 6th forward gear - call it "challaan gear", coz it employs best at +120Kms/ Hour - both seem attractive features for fuel efficiency.
May I add, the AC system is not digital (temperature control) as displayed here in another thread. That one was a Japanese model. Here, the AC/ fan controls are just like in the GLI.
Prices: MT/SR: 18.09 + 17K carriage. AT/SR: 18.99 + 17K carriage.
Overall one real treat to check and view, I'm planning to go for it this week, since I held back a GLI deal last week, luckily.