Indus Motors' 5 reasons for not launching the modern diesel variant of Corolla:
1) Diesel is eXpen$!vE than petrol, so why go for diesel one?
Fact: Unlike 2.0D, 1.4d4d gives you 18-20 kmpl fuel economy. Another advantage is you won't have to wait in petrol ques during CNG off days (unless you're driving on truck dominated highways )
2) Pakistani diesel is very DIRTY, it'll give ruin your engine in less than an year/10,000 kilometers (whichever comes first)
Fact: If it is very big problem, then the IMC shouldn't have launched Vigo d4d and the truck should have come with petrol engine instead. Another thing is, if the Pakistanis can maintain big D4D engines in (SARKARI) Hiace and Hilux, then the mantainance of a smaller 1.4 D4D would be much easier.
3) Diesel cars have no resale value.
Fact: The main purpose of preferring petrol over diesel is that you can install SEE AIN GEE Now tell me, if you spend nearly 2.0 million for a car, would you like to wait in CNG ques for hours with Suzuki Aif Aix, Datsun and Carry Dabbaz?
Okay, when it comes to fuel economy, d4d wins. But maintenance-wise vvti may prove a better choice. So the advantages=disadvantages :B
4) Diesel car is very noisy and smokey, people will not like it.
Fact: Drive an old Toyota Hiace/Hilux and then a D4D variant. You'll find the answer!
5) When IMC is selling petrol variant and earning big profit, what's the use of making modifications in production line for dumb diesel engine and gearbox?
Fact: Here, you win, I lose! It's your business, we can't force IMC to launch our favorite cars!