As owner of GLI, I have noticed following issues
1) The car seems under power. In city travel so much of gear changing is required.
2) The door silver interior's paint work wears off.
3) Though steering is telescopic but it is never in the best position. I feel major difference when I sit in my Corolla 95 or Premio.
4) At high speed <100 the car steering has a numb feeling.
5) Since the body sheet is low category so if it rains it has tin sound.
6) Similarly if you switch from Japanese brand like me, you always think some window is open because road noise is much inside.
It is much better than the previous models and overall a good car. Shape is good as well so people think it is okay for this price. Thats why we are seeing it much on road now.