Assalam o Alaikum all dear bikers!
Guys please do read - at least you will be able to see how what experience people are learning from this PW forum.
This weekend infact from Friday morning I spend my whole long weekend reading 60+ pages of the thread: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bikes-3-wheelers/80256-ravi-piaggio-storm-125-1st-pakistani-euro-ii-bike
It was really tough job but I wanted to dig down every piece of information. As the thread I mentioned started in 2008 and cover right from the start when Ravi Piaggio Storm 125 was about to launch. It covers posts when it came in market and people started buying it. I have learned that few regular members initially started asking about when it gonna come in market and then I found them purchasing the Storm 125 and sharing their experience and at the end I also learned that they were also selling their bike withing the same thread. (that was bit alarming for me)
There is no doubt I feel from different threads that Storm 125 has an edge over Honda Deluxe 125. Technically and of course design wise!!
I'm 33 and for almost 10 years I've been driving car. Never had driven a bike. Now for some reason I wanted to have bike and use personally. Though reason to have bike along with car is to save my daily long distance travelling cost I can get CD70 for that but....
BUT here is quite significant ....I am also fond of exploring un seen destinations. I'm a person who had two trips of ISB-KHI-ISB on Alto VXR so I just do not want something. Secondly same routine, common things never attract me so CD70 was of question for me. So considering that I wanted to have some unique bike with some good power which should never discourage me to go to hills.
I am finding Storm 125 a right bike for me. And I have very very important questions. I hope many of them will @Mehmood shb. (representing company) be able to answer! and rest of you guys.
Well right now my #1 question is that
1) 2008 gone, 2009 gone its 2010 - this company is failed to give any descent few page website which can give us reliable information? Why they are so reluctant?
2) Am I supposed to find the designated Islamabad Service center for Storm Piaggio in the PW forums?
3) Owners of the Storm 125. Please tell us in 3 salon mein aap ne waqai koe service and after sale spare parts availability mein koe improvement daikhi hai k nahi. This is very important!!!
4) Kia recently (2010) purchased bikes k nut/bolts aur wires tight karwani parti hein ya 2008 mein jo comapny rep ki taraf se kaha gia tha we will improve that ... uss mein koe improvement aai hai?
5) Right now (2010) what is the exact retail price of this bike?
6) I am seeing ads on Pakwheels and apnibike that people are selling this bike on even 200 - 500 km milage, ye kia ittefaq hai ya there is some reason behind this. Her kisi ko itni stylish bike khareeday saath hi emergency tau nahi parti na?
My Concern. What I feel that after sale service and availability of PARTS has been very poor that is why owners trying to sell their bike after some time of purchase!
Looking forward for your help.
I hope you will help me to decide what will be my life's first bike to ride
Many thanks in advance