Concluding Week 3
Ok people, this is it for the week. At this point I am totally stuck, I don't know how to get those screws off. Following are some strategies I had in mind:
1) Heat areas surrounding the jammed screws using some kind of propane torch.
2) After that apply loads of WD-40 in the expanded areas and leave it there for a day or two.
3) Use a proper sized '-' or minus bit on the impact screw driver instead of '+' bit, drill a little bit '-' grooves and try minus impact driver again on the deformed screws.
4) I am not sure about using the hammer and chisel technique but that is also one option, I mean what ever that gets the screws off of the engine.
5) If still I can't get these open, I might have to borrow a drill from somewhere and try to drill out the deformed heads. That will hopefully detach the two engine blocks. In this case, will the front engine block come off easily while leaving screw shafts inside the other engine block? More work will have to be done to get the shafts out.
6) I REALLY hate to say this, but last option: "Take the engine to the mechanic :S" (any good mechanic here in Lahore for this kind of stuff?)
If I apply option 5 (drilling the screws), what would be the worst case? Will I have to buy a new yamaha engine? If heads are drilled, I assumed that the shafts will still be in the casings, is it possible just to replace one of the case (other case should come right off as soon as screw heads are gone)?
Edit: I forgot to mention that the piston wrist pin is also stuck!
Thanks a lot for viewing. See you next week with more pictures and updates