@ wheels, welcome to the bad bad world of Honda's with CNG. would like to share my experiance here aswell; got kit 3 months ago, 2003 civic, ran like a dream until 2 weeks ago where the idling issue became unbearable, car would stop at trafic lights and become a general nuisance, so this is what i did:
- took it to a no body who adjusted the brass plug, blocked air intake and the car seemed fine, for a day that is.
- took it to automax, got throttle body serviced, and got them to set it up by pc. car was ok for 2 hours , messed up again in the evening.
- took to automaz again , they opened the kit up , got it cleaned, normal settings like brass plug etc, air blocking at this time was againt done. car ok for a day, went back to its old habbits.
- It went pretty bad as the car woudnt even start , and when it did it shuddered like a tractor.
- took it to hussein cng in lahore, got throttle body serviced again! got tappets done, got air filter changed, changed pipe placement in ventury, opened the ventury from the the bottom. car ran ok until i discovered it was doing 50 km in 7.5 kg's!!
- got really pissed and took the car to al mubarik to recliam warranty on kit, the guy adhusted the power tee and viola , the car became a dream again!.
Lessons learned, cng settings on civic is not a science and I havent seen anybody do a proper diagnosis, more of a 'hit and trial' method. secondly, save all this hastle and get a diesel car, Rs 2.7/km V Rs 2.5/km, not much to differentiate. and guess what my bill came to for the above shughal, '3000 Rs!'