1) It has duties bhai jaan, Its localy assembled not manufactured, CKD's only have lesser duties they arent exempt from duties.
2) Its not a full time 4WD as the seperate shift lever can be seen in Vigo champ and pictures of Fortuner posted in the other thread.
3) The indian market i guess is the first market to offer 5 AT transmission, Other then that its mostly 4 AT,
4) Your getting a knocked down unit from thailand, India has nothing to do with it, The Indian one probably has each and every thing local made hence making cost go further down.
5) Yes its obviusly the Hilux chasis, Who doesnt know that? But its not like what MERCKS people do add a fibre cabin at the back, The body shell is different.
6) Making cars like that have been common, Its not only been done to Fortuner, Suzuki Swift and Dzire, Honda Fit and City, Toyota Vitz and Passo are common examples. to turn hatches into sedans then why not a Pickup to a Jeep?
8) It has the leather interior and leather wrapped Steering wheel.
9) 2 Frontal airbags are also present there.
PS: These are just normal facts, Im no manner defending Toyota Indus motors here, Nor am i going to purchase it, Yes it still lacks features but its nice to own such a car at that price, Previusly HONDA CRV and TOYOTA Fortuner were costing above 7 Million.