I think it is highly unlikely....here r my few cents;
- XLi has a 1.3L engine while the rumored vitz has got a 1.2L (so not much difference there)
- XLi does not have power windows - Vitz might or might not have them
- XLi has got a boot - Vitz does not have a boot
- XLi also coming in Auto now - Vitz cannot cash that advantage now
so by look of things, these cars are not much different from each other than that of a boot. so if we bear the production costs in mind and typical IMC mentality, there wont be much difference in the prices. Remember the Prius????
on the contrary, swift has got following features;
- power mirrors, power windows
- manual and auto option
- 1.3L engine
- ABS with EBD
- optitron type gauges
- imported bridgestone tyres + rims
- auto DLX costs 1.4 mil...
the only place where swift lacks is the ride comfort and leg space... but it surely compensates it with the performance and driving pleasure...its a bit rigid and heavy on fuel but it sure packs the punch.