0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz Temp Gauge and Engine check problem

Guys I bought a vitz a week or two ago. 2002 FL package etc and the problem is this.

I got the car and started driving on AC and all and it started to heat up after maybe 30 minutes. The radiator water was all boiling and I received the red light in the meter etc.

I said fack it and drove around without a/c for a week. No problem at all, car was not heating up and it was all good. I did see the engine check light for some reason.

Fast forward to this week. My that was driving the car without A/C, maybe went like 8 KM and the car was heating up, showed it to a mechanic and he said the fan aint working. So he disconnected the horn wire and ran the fan directly, so it starts when the switch is turned on.

Now for some reason, I have no idea, the Green sign that shows up that tells you the engine is cool won't go away. And the check engine light is there constantly as well( as it was before).

Sooooo..

Do you think the check engine light was there because the radiator fan was not working? And instead of having it connected directly if I go ahead and fix the fan issue both the constantly cool engine light and check engine light will magically go away? ( I hope)

What the ****, I bought this car so I wouldn't have to go through this crap and now this.

ALso, does the radiator fan in vitz normally start only when its needed?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u need to get ur radiator fan fix to automatic and ur problem will be resolved
    A Car should not leave its mark on the road, but in ur head!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TuNpArTy View Post

agree with above post ...

after fix ur radiator fan to automatic kindly reset ur ecu by disconnect battery terminal for 10 mins...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TuNpArTy View Post

as with fan direct, the car is not over heating, hence i think that radiator is not the culprit.

and as the car is telling you when its cold or hot, i think the temperature sensor might also be ok.

the main problem you have in my opinion is that fan is not working automatically, get that checked, start with the fuse the relay, than the ecu signal that drives the fan.

if all this is ok, than get temperature sensor checked.

btw have you got thermostat valve installed, because if that is working like it should be than the engine should remain at operating temperature no matter fan direct or not.
    its all about power to weight ratio...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default repair the complete cool system.

salam brother ,

i will advise you that , frist remove ur radiator from your car and give to a radiator repair wala , and tell him that wash the radiator with tazab to remove the Mud and rust from it and fix it properly agian in it original place ....( nut bulf etc) .then exchange ur old cooling FAN with a new faster one ( frist check its air blow ). and tell the electrian to restore it to the original automatic condition . and use a proper coolant if possible. (zic, shell , or mobile coolants)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuncha View Post
    as with fan direct, the car is not over heating, hence i think that radiator is not the culprit.

and as the car is telling you when its cold or hot, i think the temperature sensor might also be ok.

the main problem you have in my opinion is that fan is not working automatically, get that checked, start with the fuse the relay, than the ecu signal that drives the fan.

if all this is ok, than get temperature sensor checked.

btw have you got thermostat valve installed, because if that is working like it should be than the engine should remain at operating temperature no matter fan direct or not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,
    I have Vitz 2002 Manual 990cc,
    I am facing exactly the same problem, The fan should be on AUTO mode to turn off the green thermo meter indication and engine check light is because you have pulled the fan group cable that turn it on auto mode.
    But the engine heating up problem persist, my mechanic is saying to clean the radiator, it might got chocked, else you have to change the head gasket.
    On the other hand, showing his experience, he is advising to replace the engine kit rahter than changing the head gasket, as it has not given the successful results in Vitz engines.

Need experts edvise,

Regards,
    Dal1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1 View Post
    Hi,
    I have Vitz 2002 Manual 990cc,
    I am facing exactly the same problem, The fan should be on AUTO mode to turn off the green thermo meter indication and engine check light is because you have pulled the fan group cable that turn it on auto mode.
    But the engine heating up problem persist, my mechanic is saying to clean the radiator, it might got chocked, else you have to change the head gasket.
    On the other hand, showing his experience, he is advising to replace the engine kit rahter than changing the head gasket, as it has not given the successful results in Vitz engines.

Need experts edvise,

Regards,
    Dal1
    Would you mind to elaborate upon the highlighted part. I could not understand it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The check engine light turned on because you set the fan to direct, Even in Suzuki Baleno if you direct the fan the check engine light came on
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also scan ur car by obdii scanner elm 327 or go to any good electrictn say hm to scan the car

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amcolian1097 View Post
    Would you mind to elaborate upon the highlighted part. I could not understand it.
    I am facing engine heat up problem for 2weeks, When i am driving with AC turned ON, its hard to drive 10Km because the whole radiator water evaporates from the side makeup water Pot (Plastic vessel), and without AC i can drive 30 - 40Km but the engine gets heat up.

I have replaced my old single cooling coil radiator with new double cooling coil radiator and also replaced the chocked condenser with new one. Now the engine is heating up but the pressure is not releasing from the side makeup pot, it is holded in the raditor system.

I got the advises to replace the head gasket of the engine, but most of the mechanics are saying that its not successful to replace the vitz head gasket, better is the install new assembly (sealed head/piston) which will be more reliable.

Please do let me know about changing vitz head gasket ? If anybody know its expert in Karachi, do let me know his contact/address, waiting uneasily,

regards,

Dal1

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List