0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    i have given this list a few tims in this thread. now you can either stick with what you have or swap them out for one on the list.

@waleed80
    185/70R13's are also acceptable (just) but they are a little too wide for the original steel wheels. also they are 1.9% (11mm) larger than the stock ones that's why i never really added them to the list.

BUT i have edited my list (5 minute rule) to include that size as it is possible that the platz/belta/ecco have wider steel wheels than the vitz (possibly)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

how about 185/65/R14 on my vitz 2001 wid stock rims
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm

if not O.K then should i go for 195/55R14 or 195/60R14
    as i m having some rubbing issues :s
    & fuel consumption
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank you so much storm bro!

i will surely go for 185/60 r 14!!

thank you so much man!

I will find these tyres tomorrow Inshallah!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shirazkhan
    too big, change them to one of the sizes on my list (and no other size), in this case 195/55R14 since it is a closer size to stock. but why not go for 185/60R14's as they are a perfect match and will have almost exactly the same grip as the 195's but with the advantage of better fuel economy due to less rolling resistance & less weight. i would highly suggest this size if you wish to stick to 14's.

@raja01
    anytime, i'm always here to help.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    But u installed 15s. Which are heavier then 14s. The tyre also weighs but more weight is of rim.
    As u sad stick to 185/60R14. U might b rite. As i always go on ur tips. But i am not having any kind of issues wid 185/65R14. Even wid full stearing lock.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

itg's a misconception that larger rims weigh more, the bottom line is what the rims are made of and how strong they are. i factored that in when i got my rims & tyres.

original rims (factory spec) are tested to a certain degree and that gives you alot of safety in case you wish to drive on PK roads.

still if you are happy with your setup than it's fine by me, but just do note that manufacturers donnot suggest anything more than 2% off the original specs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    yups...dats ma pt. my platz is with the alloy, which is wider as thus givin me no problem

thankz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ storm bhai temme how mch % is 185/65/r14 bigger then the factory specifications...........and secondly ab to ghalti hogai cant change my tyres this urgent as im gonna loose money.......and my dad wont allow me.........secondly i wanted to ask u this ..........k recently my car got accidented on of the tyres got busted...........i got it fixed .....theres a huge punture on it.........and its got a bubble over there my ....brother in law told me to change the tyre.......a.s.a.p i dunt feel the tyre bubling .........and a new tyre costs around 3500 .........please suggest me should i get the tyre changed urgently .........or should i let it run............i did the tyres agge peeche..........ill post the pic of the tyre by evening........in current situation..........thanx from me and all the members were really being a head ache to u ........but ur a senior member so ur really help fullll thanx again
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shiraz bhai the tyre does rub but not at the suspension it rubs with the sheild in the fender only when u come accross some (khadde) and the tyre comes up .....and secondly when u turn the steering at full....minor rubbing are there.........
    and one more thing 195 would be wider but as the profile will be lower so it would be same as 185s breath.........secondly last nite i was comparing my balenos 175/70/r13......wid my vitzes 185/65/r14.......the breath of both the tyres seemed to be the same i guess thats y 195/r15s arent a issues for storm bhai..............
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm
    u are rite...
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    the tyres you have are 3.11% larger in height than the original ones. as for your tyre, i'd have to see a picuteof what you are talking about before i can suggest anything. however if the sidewall is severely damaged i'd suggest you change the tyre to avoid any risks.

also it might be a good time to ask the person you bought the tyres from how much money he'd take from you for swapping the tyres with one of the ones which i suggested. perhaps the price difference isn't too much and your dad might be ok with it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes ur rite i guess maximum hell charge 5-8k for a trade in or maybe less but ill go to him tomorrow.......
    here are the pics...
    the red spot is from where there was a hole the punture wala has put a bigger then required....and it has also cracked (due to air presure i guess).......he also balanced the tyre.........

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -831340

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -831341

Toyota Vitz OwnersFan Club -831342

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess the repair is OK in terms of pakistan but i personallhy wouldn't keep that tyre on my car.

do note that the A539's have a very soft sidewall and although they give a very smooth ride they are not ideally suited to pakistani roads. a long time ago hash and spectra told me not to fit them to my 68 beetle but they've coped well so far,.. but the car is in ISB and the roads are alot better here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

has any one has issues with there side mirror (retractable) few months back almost 3 days my car kept standing after that i went to drive it so the battery wont fail the driver side mirror didnt open......i tried to open it a lill so it started making krkrkrkrkrkr noises i pressed the button almost 10-20 times so it gets stop while trying to fix this one the other one started making same noises while closiing .........i went to get them fixed ..........the banda said 1500rs ......garariyan have broken........i bargained him to 1200 then they were okay..........now again there making same noises .......and 1200 is too much for again n again ........please temme where can i get them fixed cheap..........or should i get corolla side mirrors.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm bhai , yes ur ride the tyres really soft compared to dunlops.........but ill also get the tyre changed ......coz its just been a month and this also dosent goes with the car.....thanks for givving tyme to me

@all , please tell the mods to make this topic sticky as many people are having vitz related questions they keep making new threads so isnt it better ghar ki baat ghar mein rae i mean vitz ki baat vitz club mein hee rae................

and lets make a official club and have vitz owners clubs stickers and all.............please help if any one can.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

storm bhai i have to change tyres of my baleno also so wats the ideal tyre for karachi roads yh bhee batadein please.........coz i havent had a lush pash experience wid dunlop in civic 2001..........previously i was using yokohama aspec........which inspired me to go for yokohama. in vitz also.........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    get the gears cast in brass/copper instead of replacing them in plastic, this way they'll last longer in the PK heat. they can be done by any metal worker or you can have your local stereo shop guy arrange them for you too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I met today Shirazkhan. He is a nice guy. It was nice meeting him. But unfortunately we didnt got any pics, coz therewas some work pending in his car.
    Inshallah soon v'll have pics and upload them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ ALL