0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz Owners/Fan Club

The purpose of this post is to gauge the interest in forming a Toyota Vitz Owners Club in different cities of Pakistan. As we all know that Vitz has become quite popular in the last year or so. More and more people are buying it or are interested to know more about it. The purpose of the club would be to share technical / operational information regarding the car. As well as help fellow members with different issues regarding the everyday running of the car. There would be regular meets and get together as well as cruises. The criteria to join the club would be to own a Vitz and a desire to help and share information with fellow members. I myself am based in Karachi, so I can take the lead in taking off this project here. Other can do the similar thing in their respective cities. If there is enough interest, a formal charter / by-laws would be issued with club rules and regulation as well as its mission statement. The club would operate under the same rules & conditions as other international car clubs. To take this project off the ground, I believe 10 people in each city would be the minimum requirement. If anyone from Karachi is interested in being a part of this club, please email me at danyal1@hotmail.com. Pakwheelers from other cities can share their email addresses under this post if they are willing to take the lead for their respective cities. I hope to this see become a success someday and a model for other to follow. LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS!!!
    Redundancy: A Politician with an airbag in his car

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

got my ride height increased. added spacer an all shocks. i was going to change the springs n put stiffer ones but the mechanic went against it n told me to keep the original one.
    now the car again has the normal height it had before cng.

@Vitzrulez

like chinyoti mentioned Khan motors is on korangi road. i havent taken my vitz to him yet but my bimmer has a regular check up with him.
    hes really expensive and will charge a lot even for minute things(he charged me 4500 just to tighten a loose nut, not exagerating). its not a lot different than most other mechanics, the only difference is his experience with complicated cars. dont know a lot who take their vitz to him but i see alot of mercs bimmers n lexus at his shop.
    If any of PW members visit him i would suggest to check the car thoroughly if u leave i with him. the last time i left my car i had a missing rear light bulb.

currently im going to sami bhai in defence phase 2 extension. he too worked for khan motors but now has his own work shop. my cousin is very pleased with his work since the past half yearand hes pleased,and he doesnt charge like khan motors.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    Thanx bro! Inshallah i'll visit him if got some time.

@shirazkhan
    Walikumusalam! Right beside? i didnt saw any mechanic there.... Are u talking bout the one in the street?

@optimuss
    Thanx for advice. Some of my friends also told me dat he charges very excessively.... which is not charged dat much by ordinary mechanics.
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ agreed totally.........".us ka demag bhe isiliye kharab hai coz hes has all the beemers and heavy duty cars coming to him" ......ive left my car once with him for the front wind screen change...........nuthings went wrong............but i still agree hes a crook as hes the only one who reverses meters for most of the showrooms in karachi.
    mgr any body can be crook its possible that people working over there might have stolen that bulb........(as my neighbour personally noes babbu bhai they were neighbours before)............mgr when ever i go to him i get every thing done in front of my eyes i get total satisfaction...i only go there...coz of computerisd tuning werna allah ka shukar hai aaj tak koi lamba kaam nai parra..........theres a another guy at pso ittehad (amir) he also worked for khan motors hes also a nice guy but ive tried him once and khan motors once he charged 350 for tuning khan motors charge 600.............they noe proper plugs and things for vitz but that amir guy had put some francici.....plugs..............but that amir guy has made my baleno go like a bullet on cng he only changed plugs to bosch 4 pins.............and "babbu bhai said aap ki baleno mein 10k ka kharcha hai werna nai bane gi"

@ optimum..........you come to defence all the way dunt u have gud mechanics at tariq road side????
    ive heard there some kachre wali gali at tariq road theres a verry awsome tuning walla...........but never tried it
    since i have vitz only got it tuned twice..............once amir once khan motors...........ab i have to get the throttle body done but thats after papers.......18th may................
    and temme wheres this sammi bhai.......are you taking about the "skill men" walla????? the guy who came from dubai????
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti
    I only want to check my plugs, throttle body cleaning and electonic tuning. WHich best mechanic wud u prefer? U have done electric tuning? Wat was the difference in the ride u felt later on after tuning? Any increase in pickup?
    When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty. Kill few become a murderer, Kill more become a conqueror. It's not about the money. It's about the money. Remember everything, forgive nothing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar dekho its like this today i cleaned the plugs my self so the car has goten smoother .........the plugs were like totally burned............well it depends upon you if money is not a issue then khan motors.( for me 600 ) is too much i mite mgr it depends go to amir next time ill have to buy the plugs wagera and take them along..........(denso.k-16r u11 ) 450 for set of 4 ...and a malaysian air filter for 300 or a local air filter for 180-250...and a thorotle body cleaning spary (not carborater cleaner)....but filhal i need to do some thing about the fuel average.................amir bhai k pass jatte hue youll have to take all the stuff wid you while khan motors k sath ek spare parts shop hai whos very resonable and has every thing in stock..........

mager bottom line khan motors ja k jaan **** jatti hai..........
    baqqi normal maintainence, brakes wagera ka kaam mera manzoor bhai krte hain...........hes in phase -2
    mager i would prefer going to khan motors getting every thing done in front of your eyes........
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i've got a vitz, 2005, the new model, with small hood and big lights as compared to it's previous versions, the problem is that my screen keeps getting screwed up, everytime i send it for repairs, a new problem occurs, first the screen didn't slide/flip because of which i couldn't a cd in the cd player, the second time all the buttons stopped working, and this time everything is working fine, but the volume buttons refuse to work.

does anyone know a good place from where i can get this repaired once and for all, or should i install another screen or panel ?

location-:karachi

your help will be appreciated on this matter.
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@chinyoti... i m sure you are much senior to me as far as experience in automobiles is concerned.

After these recommendations, i m feeling inclined to go for the Kchi option. Nevertheless, still calculating pros and cons of both the options. Never been to Kchi in my whole life. Wondering how safe it would be to land there with cash.

I m goin for a 2002-03 Vitz, which surely would have been used for an year or two here in Pakistan. I m lil worried about the condition of such a car regarding humid weather conditions of Kchi. Rust, corrosion could be a possible problem, isn't it ?
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    Bro no need to bring cash wid u... For which purpose is online banking, cheques and other banking process. U can also find an unregistered car here. If Storm aka Sameer bhai bought car from khi. Then u shud gav it a go. I think dat no is more curious about his car more then Sameer bhai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ zeeshan

yes bro its right beside the SIR SYED UNI in the street ..

HABIB is also very expirienced meray doost ki city 2000 ka us nay pora engine banaya hai & he is satisfied with it he know every thing about platz,premio,belta,vitz etc etc ...
    http://www.darsequran.com/ http://www.aswatalislam.net/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akif naseer bhai, well i dont noe this" alta " guy but as i have heard from many pakwheelers......and obviously storm bhai ( the guru) hes a very good guy contact him before going to him and dont carry cash take some payorder or you can get the money transfered ( i guess) after your deal is finalised.........or you can do this that ..you come in the morning see some cars (but do contact alta guy and you can also refer strom bhai about alta... buying a used japanese car is not a hours job that you and get the car........as every car has different features)..........and go back in the evening.

there is a thread running on pakwheels which is directly related to alta bhai ill try to find it and post it to you........

differrnt models......of vitz
    F.. normal fully loaded car.....with analog meter,
    FL to addition to F Package this one has a digital meter, keyless entry, side retractable mirrors.
    PAIR STYLE: it has a handle gear and the front seat is similar to the rear seat

navigation in all models is optional so it depends ........have you elected some colors ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your feedback @chinyoti & @Vitzrules

Colors... i'll probably go for silver or white.

@Vitzrulez... i don't think there would be any 2002-03 unregistered car here, as @alta also told me that i m gonna find a Kchi registered car. But thats okay unless it has been used for any criminal purpose.

Still waiting for some feedback from @Storm. Haven't gone through all the posts in this thread, so not aware if @storm had put an order for import to @alta or bought a car which had been used in Kchi.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akif naseer bhai u may get a registered car in a very low price but i wouldnt recomend a paki driven car specially karachi........"patta nai us k owner ne kya kya kia ho garri k sath" car should be unregistered ......and the most recent clear most probably january 2008......but thats the best deal as the fresher the clearing date the less are the chances of the car being tempered or used.......or repaired...............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar anyone tell me about cat converter
    remove karna chahi yeh ya nahi karna chahi yeh ??? anyone plz
    DrOp iT LikE itz HoT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 Vitzrulez
    Sorry for the late reply yaar actually my window got corrupted and my last paper was ahead so i did'nt have a time to sit on the net but now i m free so whats the plan of G2G....??

2 vitzrulez
    And my email id is samad_ali007@hotmail.com add me if u wanted too.... (Y)(Y)
    ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    If u can't find an unregistered one no problem at all go for a registered one wid fresh clearence and very less driven on paki roads. Personally i wud prefer to buy a car from khi. Bcoz the cars in khi are cheaper then other cities. Like Islamabad, Lahore and Peshawer. But no doubt Isb cars are neat and tidy ones.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ samad

i have added u INSHALLAH bata karain *** G2G k liya

@ Zeeshan

aap bhi join karlaina

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m trying to go through this entire thread from the start. 35 pages completed so far. Veeeeeeeery informative indeed. hope to complete the remaining pages in a week.

I guess i should disclose it that i don't have any driving experience. Just attended a 10 days course. Is there any place on the internet from where i can get a "Driving Rules and Regulations of Pakistan" type of thing ?

Besides, please also guide me whether i should go for manual or auto Vitz. Thanks.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ akifnaseer

sure sir manual , auto to majbori hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifnaseer
    if u want it for drag races and street racing then i wud prefer manual tranny. But if u want it for decent ride and as a family car i wud prefer jus wid out any argues gave a go to auto tranny. Auto tranny car is best for the traffic now a days. Believe n me auto tranny is having no probs ar all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@storm, @vitz

I had bought my vitz 99 couple of months back, Alhumdullillah its going quiet nice with it untill now, its on CNG fitted by previous owner who imported this car in october 2007, it had been driven about 100k when i bought it, just few things i want to share and need to get answers too;
    • I have driven this car uptil 133kmph on islamabad/rwp highway on CNG, its very smooth till that speed but i just start hearing a humming sound after say 127 or 128kmph, is this some sort of concern or is it normal.
      /li
    • Also i have been reading this forum for quiet long, everyone suggests press O/D on when you reach 120 or 130 and see the magic, but with me its opposite i tried this at 130 it seems slowing down and then i revert back to O/D off and it again starts picking up speed.
      /li
    • Also i have seen on forum that storm you have suggested to change the timing belt after 60k but as i told when i got this car it was over 100k. I asked my mechanic (Lodhi Autos, near airport, lodhi has done his graduation from uk and he is quite known to EFI system cars). He told me there is no need to change the belt even till 200k.
      /li
    • I had my car fuel tank full when i bought the car, but dont know why it dont show correct bars reading, sometimes it shows 1 bar consumed the next time it will show full then next it would show 2 or 3 consumed (Digital meter). FYI, My Car Alhumdullillah is givioong me quiet good cng average and i normally drive it on cng.
      /li
    • Also last but not least my car hits on speed breakers, My car still has orignal tyres with it i.e. 13, i want to chnage the rims to say 165/70/R14 or any other suitable size, can you please guide me where to getthese from rwp/islamabad.
      /li
    • Any suggessions if i want to deploy sideskirts etc with it too.
      /li

@Storm, @amoizp, @cache, @tyrone_40, @all looking forward to sound help for these things from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Regards!
    -

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List